So pissed that the I didn't get my Alcoa wheels

GT500662

Established Member
HRE's, True Forged, Forgelines just to name a few. They will be higher priced as I'm sure that's what the argument will be but they're well worth the extra $$'s IMHO. Better looks sometimes come with a higher price tag. :beer:

Vossen...is another wheel company that makes high quality wheels that look awesome on GT500's.
For those that may not be familiar with Vossen. Go to YouTube and type in Vossen wheels for GT500...they are high quality!

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nitto Invo's are a great tire as well to run. I have 315's on my 11. As far as the rims go, I think they are ok.....but heh call me crazy, but I like the look of my PP(11) rims better.

Myfast70

Established Member
Now you guys have me second guessing if I should mount my Alcoas. I wish I could see what they look like in person.

I guess my other issue with the Alcoa's now is that they are no longer "rare". It seems like everyone is getting a set (or trying to). :shrug: I want something that's a bit different. I've seen them on another DIB in this thread and I really prefer a darker wheel on a DIB (that's my car color).

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So anyone in here willing to pay $10, 000 for these rims?

The way some of these guys are clamoring for them, I would not be one bit surprised to learn that someone paid $10K for a set. I'm not really a fan of them. But then, I'm not a fan of any blingy wheels. The dark ones aren't bad, and I think a set would look good on my car. Two things, though; 1) I don't want 20" wheels, and 2) for the price, there are a LOT of other, more unique options out there.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The way some of these guys are clamoring for them, I would not be one bit surprised to learn that someone paid $10K for a set. I'm not really a fan of them. But then, I'm not a fan of any blingy wheels. The dark ones aren't bad, and I think a set would look good on my car. Two things, though; 1) I don't want 20" wheels, and 2) for the price, there are a LOT of other, more unique options out there.

No problem man if you kmow anyone I got a full set brand new in boxes ready to go.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Wow.

Big of you.

FYI- in the last 2 weeks not one set has sold for over $4k on eBay. You're about $6k off.

Thats ok someone who really wants a brand new set bad enough will be looking. Plus I would expect you to understand since under your name it says former ford dealer. So you should understand mark ups

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats ok someone who really wants a brand new set bad enough will be looking.

Good for you man. I would want to post on SVTP with the intention of screwing someone. :beer:

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Wow.

Big of you.

FYI- in the last 2 weeks not one set has sold for over $4k on eBay. You're about $6k off.

Actually a set sold on Monday for nearly $5000 and there is a set up right now that is over $4000 with 3.5 days left. I think these will climb to ridiculous numbers, maybe $5000-$8000.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Actually a set sold on Monday for nearly $5000 and there is a set up right now that is over $4000 with 3.5 days left. I think these will climb to ridiculous numbers, maybe $5000-$8000.

I did a search yesterday and got this

a2ysevyp.jpg

I do see the 4500 now though.

$10k is still a ripoff

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I did a search yesterday and got this

a2ysevyp.jpg

I do see the 4500 now though.

$10k is still a ripoff

Yeah $10K is but people will try to make a buck where they can. I was lucky to get a set and they will be mounted on my car, even if they are selling for $10K. I think it is unethical to buy these rims or anything else with the strict intent to mark them up and prey on good people for profit. I know the same happens with other things but eventually the manufacture just marks up the items and it hurts everyone.

Ferrcad

Established Member
I got a solution to this whole thing... For the folks that ordered GT500's after the Shelby presale last year and were also screwed with the great web ordering process from them on Monday why does'nt Shelby just take another set of pre-order/deposits and lets get it done... Is there a story behind why they will not run another pre-order sale? At this point to me and probably others the few month delay for delivery is not really a big deal over these crazy inflated ebay and other advertised prices. Just my 2 cents...

smrtasp

Established Member
The moderators on TeamShelby.com are saying that Alcoa will not build them any more these wheels which is why this was the last run.

R1Lello

Established Member
The moderators on TeamShelby.com are saying that Alcoa will not build them any more these wheels which is why this was the last run.

ya, and Ford said the GT500 was going to be limited, and GM said years ago the convertible would end and not come back, and the Camaro died and that came back................see the big picture??:lol1:

Kapy

Established Member
Being in the wholesale business, I wouldn't doubt if Alcoa is planning to change tooling which may interfere with this particular design or wheel and agreed to just build a one last batch. There is something holding them up from producing more if there is such a demand. No manufacturer would do that.

Even if they took off the 50th anniversary and just made some more they would still sell. If they correct the mentioned, alleged offset issues they would even sell more.

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Being in the wholesale business, I wouldn't doubt if Alcoa is planning to change tooling which may interfere with this particular design or wheel and agreed to just build a one last batch. There is something holding them up from producing more if there is such a demand. No manufacturer would do that.

Even if they took off the 50th anniversary and just made some more they would still sell. If they correct the mentioned, alleged offset issues they would even sell more.

Before they were 'limited' not very many people were actually buying them. (At least that's the impression I got)

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Good for you man. I would want to post on SVTP with the intention of screwing someone. :beer:
I think it is unethical to buy these rims or anything else with the strict intent to mark them up and prey on good people for profit.
x2.
Fools and their money are soon parted.

Users who are viewing this thread