So my car was backed into, today at work.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I don't think the name calling was necessary sure she hit your car but she took the time to stop and assess the damage and try to find the owner. To me that is a good person rarely anybody does that nowadays. I would actually be calm about it and kind of glad that she stuck around and tried to find you.

Right now kinda necessary,.... 2 yrs from now look back and not so necessary.

chitowncobra

Established Member
I don't think the name calling was necessary sure she hit your car but she took the time to stop and assess the damage and try to find the owner. To me that is a good person rarely anybody does that nowadays. I would actually be calm about it and kind of glad that she stuck around and tried to find you.
i agree with you!! i also got hit(my rear bumper on the drivers side at a checkers parking lot. i am sitting outside at checkers having a chili dog and chili cheese fries(yum yum) when this lady parked on the opposite side of the parking lot backs up her camry into my cobra!! i am watching this happening to me in slow motion, in disbelief, she gets out of her car right away and starts crying saying how stupid she is!! mind you i am in shock and pissed off at the same time and agreeing w/her how stupid she is!! she said that her husband had kicked her out the house!! she was so upset, i started feeling sorry for her!! she had very good ins. and i ended up w/a new rear bumper!!at least your getting it fixed with nothing out of your pocket :beer:

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Hopefully I will get it fixed w/out paying anything out of pocket. So far I haven't heard back from the claims guy that is supposed to be calling me to setup come looking at my car. Her insurance company is some company I have never heard of....so hopefully its not going to be a big hassle/headache to get this claim out of them. I have read some horror stories (about having trouble getting claims paid out of insurance companies), and I just pray mine isn't going to turn into one of them. Only time will tell. (In the mean time, I'm stuck with driving around in a beat up cobra. Ugh )

Last edited:

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
That sucks bro...i think you handled the situation very well (better than i would have) GL man!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sucks, but at least she owned up to what she did and you've already put in a claim through her insurance company. Have you also contacted your own insurance company? Just so they know about your claim?

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
I am sorry this happened. This is probably my biggest fear of using my car as a DD plus I work in a building mixed with military and civilian personal, most of which are busy all day running in and out driving all over. I hope everything gets fixed soon.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
That sucks that your car got hit, but on the bright side it's the door. Push for a new OEM Ford door and make sure they blend it properly and it'll be better than new considering how bad the paint was on these out of the factory.

Plus you should be able to swing some new hinges out of the deal too so it's nice and tight.

No one wants to get hit and I would have been pissed too, but at least she didn't hit the quarter or a wheel that would require extensive work to repair!

Fuerza

Established Member
I do feel for you, but I agree with others GET OVER IT!

My brand new 2004 Competition Orange Cobra was hit by a lady without insurance. I owned that car, my first brand spanking new car, for less than six months. It took me and the Colorado court system 2 years to bleed her for the damages. It was to the point where my insurance co decided that pursuing her for money would be more of a loss to them than the damages done.

This lady owned up to hitting your car, and you will get it fixed.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
That sucks, but at least she owned up to what she did and you've already put in a claim through her insurance company. Have you also contacted your own insurance company? Just so they know about your claim?

i have not contacted my insurance yet. do you think i should? i didnt think i would need to since its on her insurace?

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
I actually bought my 03 with a little bit of damage to the rear quarter panel. It was the only one around for sale at the time and I was desperate... Anyways, I couldn't even bear to look at it until it got fixed. I drove it maybe a total of 150 miles in the first 5 months of owning it until I could get it in the shop to be fixed. I understand your pain my friend.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
I actually bought my 03 with a little bit of damage to the rear quarter panel. It was the only one around for sale at the time and I was desperate... Anyways, I couldn't even bear to look at it until it got fixed. I drove it maybe a total of 150 miles in the first 5 months of owning it until I could get it in the shop to be fixed. I understand your pain my friend.

Hell yeah. Thanks. I appreciate ya!

:rockon:

MONTYKEATING

That’s very unfortunate. You got lucky that she owned up and admitted fault though. Good auto insurance companies make the whole process quick and painless if fault has been assigned, and he at-fault party has adequate coverage. Let’s hope she’s insured with a decent provider.

Users who are viewing this thread