So my car was backed into, today at work.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
so im sitting at my desk this morning at work, on the phone...working. this WHALE sized female dog (to put it lightly) approaches me...looking somewhat frantic, saying - "PLEASE DONT KILL ME, IM SOOOOO SORRY...PLEASE, PLEASE JUST DONT KILL ME." ... now keep in mind, i dont know this lady from a stick in the mud, we had never talked before. immediately my heart sank...somehow i knew, before she told me. i ended the phone convo, and hung up the phone. ...and thats when she said it....thats when she dropped the bomb, and said those dreaded words NO COBRA OWNER ever wants to hear.. - "I HIT YOUR CAR." fallowed with more - "please dont kill me, please dont kill me". i cant even describe the emotion/pissed offness that immediately started flooding my body. i went outside to check it out...she already had her insurance papers in her hand. i look at my car, and it has a BIG ass dent/scrape about a foot and a half long. im guessing its gonna need a new door...hopefully its not something a shop will just "pull out", and instead just replace it.

so i took the rest of the day off, extremely pissed, and now going to work on THIS bullshit. i have already called her insurance company, and was only able to speak with a lady that took my name and number, and told me all claims reps were busy...and that it could be up to 2 hours before i hear back from one. this was about 30 minutes ago. they better call soon.

i cant even begin to tell you guys how pissed i am. i wanted to strangle that dumb bitch...seriously....its like - watch where the **** you are going! if she backed into me like that, she obviously wasnt looking/paying attention to what she was doing. in fact i'd be willing to bet that she was busy yapping on her cell phone instead. the few times that i HAVE seen her fat ass around work, she always had her cell phone stuck to her ear. anyway....im just venting, i guess. extremely pissed. :fm: :cuss::fm:

i snapped a quick cell phone pic, on my way back inside the house (when i got home). its kind of hard to see how bad it truly looks from the low quality pic, plus my car being black...but you can still see it.

IMG00050.jpg

selbyvince

Established Member
damn that seriously sucks bro, i hope everything works out smooth for you and it gets repaired quickly. good luck

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
SOB!!! Cobra's been taking a hit lately with ignorant drivers. Good she had insurance and didn't say F it drive off. When you take it to the body shop let the manager understand, " NO JOY RIDES"! Write down the mileage on masking tape and apply it to the instrument cluster. Further showing everyone you are aware of the current mileage. Hadn't happen with my current ride, knock on wood. Been there done that in the past!

gabe1530

Banned
SOB!!! Cobra's been taking a hit lately with ignorant drivers. Good she had insurance and didn't say F it drive off. When you take it to the body shop let the manager understand, " NO JOY RIDES"! Write down the mileage on masking tape and apply it to the instrument cluster. Further showing everyone you are aware of the current mileage. Hadn't happen with my current ride, knock on wood. Been there done that in the past!

I was going to say the same thing. At least she was upfront about it and didn't leave. She's admitting to her fault so it should be taken care of. You could also have your tuner send you a valet tune so the guys at the shop can't mess with your pride and joy.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
not seeing the pic here, but dont have to. i'd be pissed too. Too many careless f'ers in the world with drivers licenses anymore. Damn shame. At least she owned up to it. On the bright side, black is black and that will make for an easy paint match. good luck with the insurance claim...

Last edited:

ToddEdge

Established Member
Be grateful she atleast told you. My GS430 got hit at Blockbuster last year and the person split. My Avalanche got side swiped at dinner one night and again, the person split without telling me. Claims against people are much easier to resolve than claims with nobody to blame...

Best of luck.

Todd

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Sorry that sucks Tell her insurance company you were in the car and your neck hurts have them pay for about $10K worth of Mods!

Mulldune

Established Member
that sucks dude.At least she owned it.I hope you dont have too many problems dealing with her insurance(at least she had some)

SoCaDan

Established Member
That sucks but yes be glad she owned up to it. I have to replace the fender on my daughter's Accord because some SOB backed into it and took off.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i agree, i AM thankful that she owned up to it. we do have security cameras at my work, in the parking lot...but who knows if any of it was actually caught on tape.

her insurance company never called back...but then again, i didnt wait the whole 2 hours. after about an hour of waiting for them to call, i called them back, and was able to get my claim filed. i now have a claim number, and an adjusters name. the adjuster is supposed to contact me no later than monday, to setup coming to look at my car.

im still pretty pissed about the whole ordeal, but i realize there isnt shit i can do about it....and what i CAN do, has already been done. its just a bunch of unnecessary headache/hassle that i will have to deal with over the next month or so....which could have all been avoided, had the bitch just been paying attention.

now im just hoping everything with the claim goes smooth, and that i can get my baby fixed ASAP.

this DOES makes me want to consider getting some cheap ass beater to drive around in, to keep things like this from happening to the cobra...but im a weirdo, and cant stand being seen driving around the city in some P.O.S. car. hence the reason for even having a cobra. eh well....whaddya gonna do.

TrevorR90

Banned
I don't think the name calling was necessary sure she hit your car but she took the time to stop and assess the damage and try to find the owner. To me that is a good person rarely anybody does that nowadays. I would actually be calm about it and kind of glad that she stuck around and tried to find you.

Ironhand

Banned
Id kill her... She thought it was a possibility when she came inside to tell you about it. Just make it a reality. :)

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
I don't think the name calling was necessary sure she hit your car but she took the time to stop and assess the damage and try to find the owner. To me that is a good person rarely anybody does that nowadays. I would actually be calm about it and kind of glad that she stuck around and tried to find you.

lol are you fuggin kidding me with this?

i wrote that post less than 2 hours after my car got hit. let me come back a P.O.S. into YOUR cobra, and lets see you NOT cuss up a storm. im sure you'd be quite pissed as well (if you love your cobra, like i do mine).

i called her a bitch....BIG DEAL! i should have called her a lot worse!

Last edited:

TrevorR90

Banned
lol are you fuggin kidding me with this?

i wrote that post less than 2 hours after my car got hit. let me come back a P.O.S. into YOUR cobra, and lets see you NOT cuss up a storm. im sure you'd be quite pissed as well (if you love your cobra, like i do mine).

i called her a bitch....BIG DEAL!

Someone did and they left their information on my windshield. When I saw the information I was relieved actually not pissed. Its just a car its not the end of the world. More important things in life then to get all worked up over a car. Everyone reacts different I guess you love your car.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Least the whole front end wasnt hit like mine.. some lady plowed right into the front passenger corner and the entire front end is being replaced basically.. its in the shop right now. And she didnt take off so thats a +.. shit happens.. just life..im coping with my mess the best i can

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Sorry to see this. Seems like cobras are getting banged up more often every time I come on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread