So I Returned A Lost iPhone 4

mnewxcv

Established Member
You guys think maybe his dad is steve jobs?

maybe.

but yeah, i dont know, only thing i can think of, well 2 possibilities, are hes either an unappreciative douche, or he intentionally left it there during his workout, hidden under the towel, and was pissed to see it gone when he went to get it, and nothing at the front desk... so...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You did the right thing and that is all that really matters. If you find another phone, do the right thing again. However, next time ask the owner to drive to YOUR area. That the least they can do.

GodStang

Established Member
I though the new Iphones have a tracking device built in them now?

There are a few tracking services on the iPhones but you have to have them set up. If the guy did have it setup and you took it and he traced it you would of been arrested for stealing it.

"I swear officer I found it and was going to return it!!"

They are not going to believe that.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
If you had left HIS phone where he left it he would have missed it and would have returned for it . You should have at least turned it into the management of the gym. You basically stole the phone I'm not surprised he didn't thank you. He could have located the phone through GPS. A friend had his stolen from his towel at the beach when they gps his phonea couple of days later it was at the personal home of the beach patrol officer. The police got it back for him.

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
You did right. My daughter and I found $57.00 in the floor at Walmart Monday evening after soccer practice. I had her take it up to the front office and give it to them incase someone asks. Now my daughter is 9. The head cashier came out with her and was astounded that she was bringing it to them and turning it in. People started bragging on her and me. They said most kids would have kept it and the parents would have told them it was OK. I told them not me. What if that was someone's last little bit of money for groceries or even baby food for a baby and they did not have any more to buy food with? I told them we could not see someone else suffer for an accident/mistake. Its hard when quite a few said I would have kept it but it felt good when people said we see you are an honest person and are training and bringing up your daughter right.

Again to me you did good. Don't let it dishearten you. You will be blessed by someone for your good deed.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
You did the right thing, dude.

It really sucks when people aren't appreciative. I can't stand it when people don't at least just say "thank you". It takes nearly no effort. :nonono:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
You did the right thing, dude.

It really sucks when people aren't appreciative. I can't stand it when people don't at least just say "thank you". It takes nearly no effort. :nonono:

I also like when you hold doors open for people, specially old people, and don't even give you a nod. Its not my job to hold this open for you to make your damn day better. What happened to common courtesy? Glad my Grandparents/Parents raised me right.

OP, you did the right thing. I probably would've given it to the gym manager ( If they were in.. ), but you had the right idea.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I also like when you hold doors open for people, specially old people, and don't even give you a nod. Its not my job to hold this open for you to make your damn day better. What happened to common courtesy? Glad my Grandparents/Parents raised me right.

OP, you did the right thing. I probably would've given it to the gym manager ( If they were in.. ), but you had the right idea.

I agree. I hold the door for anyone who is behind me usually and more often than not I don't even get eye contact at all. When that happens I say "You're welcome" fairly loudly.

Users who are viewing this thread