So I Returned A Lost iPhone 4

canibus

Established Member
So I was minding my own buisness at the gym and someone left their brand new iphone 4 under a towel in an empty locker. It was pristine, not a fingerprint on it. I almost jumped at the excitement, because my iphone is terribly outdated, and is broken in more places than a certain texas rangers' arm;-). I grabbed it and put it in my bag and switched lockers. I did my workout and went home. The whole way home i kept thinking about how I probably should have left it there. That someone spent their hard earned money on it. So the guilt got to me and I started calling the numbers on the adress book. One of the contacts led me to the persons second line and we set up a place to meet.

I arrived, waited for about 45 minutes and the guy finally shows up. I tell him what happened and he says to me "cool" and walks away. No thank you, no 20 bucks for my gas.....nothing. Now i'm kicking myself in the ass for not keeping it. Unfortunatly it's true what they say. Nice guys finish last. I hate to say it, but next time I find anything........I'm keeping it.

What do you guys think?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Don't kick yourself. You did the right thing.Think about it for a second.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Wait for him to forget it at the gym again. Sounds like a richie rich that doesnt give a shit

Sent with My Massive Johnson

NateV8

Established Member
He was probably wondering why you took it with you instead of just dropping it off at the front desk of the gym, or leaving it in the locker where you found it.

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I wish someone would have returnded mine. I lost my in sharpstown, which is a peaceful quaint neighborhood in southwest Houston.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Maybe he left it there on purpose and was pissed that you took it to begin with.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
congratulations, you are not a thief and you walked away with your integrity intact. How can you kick yourself over that?

So I was minding my own buisness at the gym and someone left their brand new iphone 4 under a towel in an empty locker. It was pristine, not a fingerprint on it. I almost jumped at the excitement, because my iphone is terribly outdated, and is broken in more places than a certain texas rangers' arm;-). I grabbed it and put it in my bag and switched lockers. I did my workout and went home. The whole way home i kept thinking about how I probably should have left it there. That someone spent their hard earned money on it. So the guilt got to me and I started calling the numbers on the adress book. One of the contacts led me to the persons second line and we set up a place to meet.

I arrived, waited for about 45 minutes and the guy finally shows up. I tell him what happened and he says to me "cool" and walks away. No thank you, no 20 bucks for my gas.....nothing. Now i'm kicking myself in the ass for not keeping it. Unfortunatly it's true what they say. Nice guys finish last. I hate to say it, but next time I find anything........I'm keeping it.

What do you guys think?

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
congratulations, you are not a thief and you walked away with your integrity intact. How can you kick yourself over that?
I had a lot of respect for him right up until he says he should take it next time. I hope that was just him being frustrated with the rudeness the other guy exhibited.

VtekII

Established Member
its kinda funny, my brother found a purse and wallet, with an Iphone in there too. he finally got ahold of the owner and her bf shows up to pick it up. He acts like a total diktard asking a million questions and giving attitude like my brother stole it from them. then left without saying thanks or anything. what a peice of shit, i wouldve been thankful as hell if somebody returned my stuff like that. i probly wouldnt have even cared if they took any cash i had out of there, *** it not like i woulda had that money anyway if they wouldnt have found it in the first place.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I had a lot of respect for him right up until he says he should take it next time. I hope that was just him being frustrated with the rudeness the other guy exhibited.
most likely. I talk about how idiots that put cobra emblems on their non-cobra mustangs make me want to key their stupid lame ass cars every time I see them. but I don't do it cause it just isn't the right. LOL!

trevkm7

Established Member
sometimes I leave my phone and thats it in my locker while I'm still there working out....coulda been what happened.

canibus

Established Member
He was probably wondering why you took it with you instead of just dropping it off at the front desk of the gym, or leaving it in the locker where you found it.

Things that end up at the front desk usually don't reappear. I could've left it there, but I have a feeling someone else would've taken it and never returned it. I could be wrong.

Your right, I'm just pissed people aren't grateful for other people going out of their way to help them out. He pulled up in a late model benz so i'm guessing the spoiled richy rich comment is right.

canibus

Established Member
sometimes I leave my phone and thats it in my locker while I'm still there working out....coulda been what happened.

possible, but most people take their towel with them while working out and leave it laying around in the locker room after they're done. It was wet so I know he was already done with it. You could be right though, it's a really bad idea to leave your phone unattended like that though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Man thats douchbag of him to just blow you off like that. If I lost my phone and someone had the integrity to return it, id buy them food depending on what time of day and give them $5-10 to cover their expenses. Or hell, ask them what beer they like at least.

Did you meet with the owner or just one of the contacts in the phone? Your story did not specify.

most likely. I talk about how idiots that put cobra emblems on their non-cobra mustangs make me want to key their stupid lame ass cars every time I see them. but I don't do it cause it just isn't the right. LOL!

What? you dont?

I usually key up "Not A" in front of the badge that doesnt belong. Sucks on honduh's, usually takes a good amount of time since theyll have type-R badges, SI badges, then stickers, etc. Usually shit on their hood if im feeling a nice solid log in the launch tube.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Your right, I'm just pissed people aren't grateful for other people going out of their way to help them out. He pulled up in a late model benz so i'm guessing the spoiled richy rich comment is right.

Maybe his dad is Steve Jobs.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Maybe his dad is Steve Jobs?

Users who are viewing this thread