SO CAL BEACH TO BUSH CRUISE - JULY 19

SVT ROD

Established Member
[Beach to Bush Cruise thoughts....
Some crazy thoughts...maybe??

Just sitting here looking at the this whole cruise thing, which now stands at 33 x 03 Cobras plus who knows who else we will get along for the ride and wondering...

33+ 03 Cobras, that's a pretty impressive turnout for an event that has been more or less privately organised through a forum group. A lot of bigger groups put in a lot of work and effort to get a group of car owners with the same cars to do something like this.
So I am just wondering if we should let a few of the right people know about it and get some real publicity for our cars which appear destined to be fairly legendary. Maybe some of the magazines might like a story like that, maybe the SVTOA, maybe even Ford & SVT themselves would be interested to see what type of following thier latest creation has generated, especially in their 100 year anniversary.

I'm not sure if the guys would want any publicity about this, or prefer to keep it as a private event. I'm not sure if there would be any benefits or disadvantages to trying to publicise something like this.

If you dont ask, you'll never know. So I figured as you are the one who got this going, I'd run these thoughts past you first and get your opinion and maybe if you think it worthwhile, we open it up to the group for further opinions.

Then again, maybe I've had too much caffeine today and should switch to decaf & shut up, and please feel free to say so if you think thats the case.

let me know
Brett

QUOTE]

Sounds like a great idea Brett. Does anyone have a connection with the mags to get this rolling?

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Although I have no direct contacts with anyone in Ford or any magazines, I would be happy to try to reach as many of them as I can find and see what could be done. If anyone else has contacts and thinks they can make something happen, them please let us know and you can take charge of getting it done.

I still think it would be good to hear everyones opinion on whether we should try to get some publicity for this cruise and our cars. I wouldnt like to see the numbers reduced and people not show up if they dont like the idea.

I personally think it would be really cool to have a pic of 34 x Cobras on the front cover of a couple of magzines and it would also make a great story, and maybe we could even get some recognition from Ford or SVT ???

We have time to make something if its agreed we want to try it.

Voice up guys!!!

Tank

Established Member
Add 2 more to the list:

Tank & Stalker.

Can't wait to see that many bad-a$$ cars together! Seeing all the cars in a magazine would just be icing on the cake.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
On publicity, let me contact a few people. I know a few people who are automotive journalists, and know couple of photographers in the same industry.

Also, we might want to contact the local newspapers. They are always looking for these kinds of interest stories.

- Russ

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Hello - that sounds like a fun day -

i'll be there. I have been lurking for a while, but just registered to be counted in.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
now that's what I call "SNAKIN"

sorry, i dont know what came over me. :shrug: "Nurse, more medication please"

wickedstangs

Established Member
Hey Everyone I just pulled in from a very long underway. Home Sweet Home. OK about our publicity that we are trying to get. I went ahead and put the bait out hopefully we will get a bite. I talked to 5.0 and Muscle Mustangs, Mustang Weekly and All Ford Mustang and Mustangworld about our little event scheduled for July 19, I will keep you posted if I get a call back.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Hope this helps, also the address is at the top of the pic so you can look it up and map it on Yahoo or MapQuest for your own driving directions if needed.

SVT ROD,
if this location doesnt look right to you, let me know and I will change it.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
and one more showing more of the surrounding area, although I think its closer to Huntington Beach than it shows.

hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread