Slightly off topic, but I have to rant: Banned from M6G

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Ive said all along that there are more performance oriented, mustang minded people here than there. Well, now Im certain of it.

Some dude was complaining about how his Kia Optima had (Ill try to quote)
"seat cooling that ACTUALLY works, body panels that ACTUALLY FIT" and so on. He then said the mustang was a piece of shit. On a M6 site. Exact words.

I simply posted (this is as near to a quote as i can remember)

"everything on my car actually works. Panels actually fit.

Here is a site that may be better suited to your liking
(I linked a Kia forum here)
Please please go there."

Well, welcome to the banned wagon for, get this, TROLLING.

Seriously? I mean, I have been known to throw a troll comment out on occasion, but I was DEFENDING the car that that whole site is revolving around.

Cmon man, even on camaro sites, they ban the camaro haters, and not the defenders!

I was honestly trying to point the dude to a forum that may be a better and happier place for him.

Oh well. Theres better, smarter, less unhappy, less bitchy, more knowledgable people here anyway. The only reason I still hung out there was for the 50th anniversary model section where we had compiled a ton of info. Guess ill take all my research and my football and come play here. One timesink gone....

Formerly SVTFreak on M6G.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
like my grandma always said - "**** em if they cant take a joke"

Ive never understood over-moderation like that unless youve been warned previously

ArabianOak

Established Member
consider it a favor...I wasn't banned from that site but I NEVER go on there anymore. It sucks from top to bottom...the owner of it is very jealous of this site as well...so let's make him MORE jealous by keeping this forum on the top of the mustang forums!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
like my grandma always said - "**** em if they cant take a joke"

Ive never understood over-moderation like that unless youve been warned previously

You grandma is a smart woman. Except I wasn't joking. I was serious. Kia lover, mustang hater, only one available option if you ask me bwahaha!

And I have never had a warning there. Not once since I had joined. Helped people track cars, did tons of research on the le's (many many hours on ford parts.com) and made it all available to everyone there. Oh well, screw em if they think a mustang fan shouldn't be there in defense. Oh well.

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
In all fairness, I was unbanned. Mod says it was a former member that was banned that affected my account. I can't find the thread I referenced above now. But I have to be fair and report that I wasn't banned for defending the 2015's

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
It is more of a fan site than an enthusiast site really. I'm on there simply because the S550 section here was pretty dead for a good while.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
In all fairness, I was unbanned. Mod says it was a former member that was banned that affected my account. I can't find the thread I referenced above now. But I have to be fair and report that I wasn't banned for defending the 2015's

vB forum software doesn't work like that. My guess is they saw this thread and are doing damage control.

Feel free to post any research you may have here, where it'll be appreciated.:beer:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I was banned as well as I commented on your same thread and said "I will also enjoy my POS Mustang"

We weren't supposed to be banned. We were associated to that user by our replies.

I am the guy that posted the Instagram video of my dad's 427 Cobra :)

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
About the only reason I look at that site or that mustang source one is to look at the order/delivered threads to see if people who had theirs built in the same week as mine have their cars yet.

Half of the S550 threads on that other site are people with 11-14's that are repeating over and over again how much more they like their cars than the new one, like they're trying to convince themselves outloud so they don't feel bad that a new body style has come out and their car isn't the "baby" anymore.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
vB forum software doesn't work like that. My guess is they saw this thread and are doing damage control.

Feel free to post any research you may have here, where it'll be appreciated.:beer:

Thanks, sid! I may just start a le dedication thread and start putting everything there. Maybe it's time I start a registry. I know jack about internet though lol

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I was banned as well as I commented on your same thread and said "I will also enjoy my POS Mustang"

We weren't supposed to be banned. We were associated to that user by our replies.

I am the guy that posted the Instagram video of my dad's 427 Cobra :)

Oh really!

Yes I didn't think it did work that way.

Oh sweet man. If it wasn't supposed to rain today, I would be out in mine working bugs out lol. Guess I'll work on my shop between showers.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Oh really!

Yes I didn't think it did work that way.

Oh sweet man. If it wasn't supposed to rain today, I would be out in mine working bugs out lol. Guess I'll work on my shop between showers.
Yep! I had no reason to be banned. I have 3500 posts over there and help out a lot as best I can. I have never had any infractions either on any forum except one here about 7-8 years ago :).

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I don't post much over there. Seems like it's full of people that like to bitch about the "flaws" these cars have lol.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I don't post much over there. Seems like it's full of people that like to bitch about the "flaws" these cars have lol.
Good grief...You got that right. 100k Mustangs have been built and we have 300 people over there complaining. Shit drives me up the wall.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Good grief...You got that right. 100k Mustangs have been built and we have 300 people over there complaining. Shit drives me up the wall.

And most of those complaining about shit that don't matter. "I wanted a discombobulator installed in my shankelwankel from the factory and I want it to weigh less and have more stuff and it's a piece of shit because it don't have it and the camaro does" without even thinking that the camaro is heavier and slower.

Hah

Users who are viewing this thread