Single vs twin

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes Forced Inductions his name is Jose. They are cheaper and make more power than any other Turbo I have used.

I have a CPR Single turbo kit. It came with a Forced Induction Turbo standard I have since upgraded to a 91mm.

But im telling u they are WAY cheaper and just as good if not better than anything ive ever used and ive tried 4-5 different Turbo manufactors. Twin 62's is what id be looking at.

Well made my mind up on what I am doing … cg fab twin turbo hot side and cold side … 3.0 whipple is about out of the car and will be for sale soon … now just figuring out what turbos to go with … any opinions ?

Marvin9075

Established Member
Yes Forced Inductions his name is Jose. They are cheaper and make more power than any other Turbo I have used.

I have a CPR Single turbo kit. It came with a Forced Induction Turbo standard I have since upgraded to a 91mm.

But im telling u they are WAY cheaper and just as good if not better than anything ive ever used and ive tried 4-5 different Turbo manufactors. Twin 62's is what id be looking at.

Just checked them out 1300 ain’t bad a for 62 … would like to do this once and not got something to big or to small

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
U would be SHOCKED how many 6 second cars run his Turbo's. They just work bro and they are literally HALF the price of a Precision or Garrett.

I had his 85mm on it before I upgraded to the 91mm. I made 975 whp on 93 octane with it. They work well trust me on that!

Just checked them out 1300 ain’t bad a for 62 … would like to do this once and not got something to big or to small

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Something that needs to be considered is packaging size. The Borg based turbos are considerably larger than Precisions offerings. If they are going in between the engine and radiator, it's something that needs to be considered. Chances are CG has a menu of what turbos fit best with their kit.

Marvin9075

Established Member
Just saw a THP kit in market section for 4k with twin garret 57mm turbos … anyone know anything about those kits seems like a solid deal for that price

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Just saw a THP kit in market section for 4k with twin garret 57mm turbos … anyone know anything about those kits seems like a solid deal for that price
I have one of the original THP kits still on my car. It's been modified somewhat, but still the same for the most part. Solid buy there, but make sure it comes with the original period correct (early-mid 2000's) QA1 k-member or it's not going to fit. The new style QA1's are different.

Marvin9075

Established Member
I have one of the original THP kits still on my car. It's been modified somewhat, but still the same for the most part. Solid buy there, but make sure it comes with the original period correct (early-mid 2000's) QA1 k-member or it's not going to fit. The new style QA1's are different.
Can those still be purchased new ? Also does that kit require battery relocation to the trunk?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you’re interested in a turbo terminator just listen to @badcobra !
Those K-members were made for a while but save the headache and ask him to include it with kit or buy him a new one to trade :)
And these motors love turbos!
-J

Marvin9075

Established Member
If you’re interested in a turbo terminator just listen to @badcobra !
Those K-members were made for a while but save the headache and ask him to include it with kit or buy him a new one to trade :)
And these motors love turbos!
-J
Support excited to see what it’s gonna be like when it’s done … just getting all this stuff together and tear down has been a little overwhelming.

Marvin9075

Established Member
It cannot be purchased new, it needs to be from the time period the kits were made and sold. Ask the seller to include it with the kit. Yes the battery needs to goto the trunk.
You don’t think it could work with a team z or upr tubular k ? Especially since they have so much clearance compared to most .

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
You don’t think it could work with a team z or upr tubular k ? Especially since they have so much clearance compared to most .
No it will not. The headers fit through the kmember. It must be the old qa1. The thp kit is off the table unless they include the right kmember that was sold with the kit. That's all I'm gonna say about it. If you choose to not listen it will be a very costly mistake.

Marvin9075

Established Member
No it will not. The headers fit through the kmember. It must be the old qa1. The thp kit is off the table unless they include the right kmember that was sold with the kit. That's all I'm gonna say about it. If you choose to not listen it will be a very costly
Seller doesn’t have the k member for it … I would assume there hard to track down as well

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Seller doesn’t have the k member for it … I would assume there hard to track down as well
QA1 made kmembers for many years and still might.
If you find a used one you might get lucky.
I’ll ask my buddies if any one local has one but it’s mainly Team Z and MM that I know of.
-J

Marvin9075

Established Member
QA1 made kmembers for many years and still might.
If you find a used one you might get lucky.
I’ll ask my buddies if any one local has one but it’s mainly Team Z and MM that I know of.
-J
That would be awesome if I could find one but backing out the deal unless I get that specific k member … don’t want to deal with that headache .

Users who are viewing this thread