Single vs twin

Marvin9075

Established Member
So selling my 3.0 whipple for funds for my turbo build . Just curious from the guys who have done the swap or have experience with it . Single setup or twins ??? This is just a street car with little to no track use and keeping the 6 speed in it … would like to do a half mile event once a year would be the biggest thing. Just want a quick spool that hits hard and looking to be in the 900 Rwhp range.

MG0h3

Established Member
Single is easier.

Had a single on my foxbody way back and that was more than enough headache.

If I ever did it again, it’ll be single

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
either kit will get you there or it’s all personal preference there’s no right or wrong answer

Most people usually pick based on looks or if they’ve got a certain goal in mind

Let me know we can help you out with either one

I’ll send a DM amd we can go over your goals. Your also welcome to call - 855-827-7223 - www.beefcakeracing.com

causajt

Established Member
I made the switch from whipple to single 7675. It’s different, but I love it. I love the power and spoiling of twins but would avoid twins for a street car because of the oil scavenge pump. High mount twins are tough on a steer car without major modifications. On3 is a good starting point just replace gates, bov and turbo. I went hellion and still made significant mods to the setup.

Marvin9075

Established Member
Well back on the turbo kick and decided a want a single set up and will just buy it in parts as a I go … in this forum I have always heard great things about CG fab … anyone would like share their experience with there setup that has gone through them.

Marvin9075

Established Member
I was under the impression a properly sized single will come into boost fairly quick and less room for problems with less pipping and one less turbo

MG0h3

Established Member
Had a single on my fox back in the day.

I think it pulled like my cobra does now.

Marvin9075

Established Member
Well made my mind up on what I am doing … cg fab twin turbo hot side and cold side … 3.0 whipple is about out of the car and will be for sale soon … now just figuring out what turbos to go with … any opinions ?

44shelby

Established Member
Well made my mind up on what I am doing … cg fab twin turbo hot side and cold side … 3.0 whipple is about out of the car and will be for sale soon … now just figuring out what turbos to go with … any opinions ?
5858's, 5860's, 6060's... id pick from those. keep them small.

44shelby

Established Member
Any specific brand … garret was one of the first to pop up when I looked
Every brand has had a failure so i wouldnt use that as a base. I would look at garret, comp, precision ect. Wouldnt hurt to call them up and chat with them. Being a 6 speed car i would keep them small so they light off fast.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Precision 6062 Gen2 or 6266 Next Gen. The thing with turbos is the top end power will suck you in to wanting more. So 900 today, tomorrow 1100, it never stops.

Marvin9075

Established Member
Precision 6062 Gen2 or 6266 Next Gen. The thing with turbos is the top end power will suck you in to wanting more. So 900 today, tomorrow 1100, it never stops.
Figured as much … for now I just want quick spool with a good power range close to 900 … I’ll look at those precisions for sure … thank you

Users who are viewing this thread