Single turbo or Vortech

Tommy@JPC

Established Member
If I had 500 pounds out of my car id be mid 8s easy

You forget, the stick has a big launch advantage, I'm coming out at 2500 vs 6k, way better 60 opportunity

I think I/we have some experience in stick shift racing as you may know and in this case I have to disagree in making this chassis work with this power and stick. We could never get the 05 car to work with the stick to go quicker than a 9.05 I believe but put the TH400 in and the 60's dropped and so did the et's by a bunch.

In other set ups I would agree

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think I/we have some experience in stick shift racing as you may know and in this case I have to disagree in making this chassis work with this power and stick. We could never get the 05 car to work with the stick to go quicker than a 9.05 I believe but put the TH400 in and the 60's dropped and so did the et's by a bunch.

In other set ups I would agree

Brandon is all over me to put a 400 in the car

I believe a 400, light weight and 1200 will be an almost 7 second combo

D.T.R

Established Member
How Light LOL, there are other opticals as you go quicker, we ran into them with the 3v.

When you get into the "race car" status (bottom 9s or faster) is the 5.0 still a lot better than a 3Vs, just like you see on the streets?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When you get into the "race car" status (bottom 9s or faster) is the 5.0 still a lot better than a 3Vs, just like you see on the streets?

I drive my car all the time, never had a 3v this quick, but it doesn't drives any different than when it went 10.8s with the s/c than it drives at 9.0s

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How Light LOL, there are other opticals as you go quicker, we ran into them with the 3v.

Not a ton, the trans and converter is probably 175+

Light weight bumper support, pull the AC n heat, fuel cell, dash. I think that with the new power would be there

D.T.R

Established Member
I drive my car all the time, never had a 3v this quick, but it doesn't drives any different than when it went 10.8s with the s/c than it drives at 9.0s

not saying yours is a race car, i'm just wondering if when cars get on that level, if you still see the 5.0 being a lot better or easier to go faster with, than 3Vs.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
not saying yours is a race car, i'm just wondering if when cars get on that level, if you still see the 5.0 being a lot better or easier to go faster with, than 3Vs.

I know, I was just commenting that the car drives great

This is a great platform

D.T.R

Established Member
yup i'm sure they make close to 1000whp and still daily drive like a new car lol
I can't wait to test that out.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yup i'm sure they make close to 1000whp and still daily drive like a new car lol
I can't wait to test that out.

You have to remember, it isn't a crazy combo.

Blower, exhaust, fuel, and jpc's heads/cams

The cams aren't anything radical that effects drivability, but they do a great job of getting the air out of the car.

Tommy@JPC

Established Member

The 5.0 is a far better engine. Nothing will out perform a 4v cylinder head and the Cyo's are the newest latest greatest designs.

Not a ton, the trans and converter is probably 175+

Light weight bumper support, pull the AC n heat, fuel cell, dash. I think that with the new power would be there

still wouldn't run 7's because of other factors.

D.T.R

Established Member
The 5.0 is a far better engine. Nothing will out perform a 4v cylinder head and the Cyo's are the newest latest greatest designs.

still wouldn't run 7's because of other factors.

Wow nice.
Yeah i'm a mod motor for life :rolling:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Not denying the Paxton/Vortech kits as being a great bang for the buck. But our turbo kit can be set at 6psi and make 600hp or turned up to 1000hp on a stock set up. The Centri's can't do that.

If you have a fuel system with our Turbo kit and a short block if you want to shoot for the moon you can make 1000rwhp everything else stock. To make 800+ hp on a centri you will spend the same or more money all around to make that power. I think that's the point everyone is getting at, also you could turn the boost down for the street and probably have more fun than trying to pull off your reverse mounted blower to swap a pulley :rolling:

Time to sell my Paxton kit. I didnt know Id be limited to 800 with a centri. I remember reading somewhere JPC swapping out 2.85 pulley (10 min swap time) to make 1029 rwhp. :shrug:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Time to sell my Paxton kit. I didnt know Id be limited to 800 with a centri. I remember reading somewhere JPC swapping out 2.85 pulley (10 min swap time) to make 1029 rwhp. :shrug:

With an 8 rib setup you can make more then 800 we made 1000

6 rib setup you will be limited because of the belt slip.

oh BTW

32910062.jpg

:lol:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member

I'll tell you right now, I dont see anyone getting the Paxton/Vortech off, changing the pulley, and reinstalled in 10 minutes. The middle 2 bolts that mount it on the bracket are an absolute PAIN IN THE ASS and I personally could not get them on, I had to get my buddy with long skinny fingers to get them on. So unless they have a special wrench they use I dont see it happening because you cant fit a normal ratchet wrench on the bolt head as it it to close to the blower housing. They are not overly hard to get to but there is no room in there so for the next 15 minutes or more you live your life a 1/16 of a turn at a time, lol.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'll tell you right now, I dont see anyone getting the Paxton/Vortech off, changing the pulley, and reinstalled in 10 minutes. The middle 2 bolts that mount it on the bracket are an absolute PAIN IN THE ASS and I personally could not get them on, I had to get my buddy with long skinny fingers to get them on. So unless they have a special wrench they use I dont see it happening because you cant fit a normal ratchet wrench on the bolt head as it it to close to the blower housing. They are not overly hard to get to but there is no room in there so for the next 15 minutes or more you live your life a 1/16 of a turn at a time, lol.

actually, it is pretty easy

1) Loosen S/C Bolt
2) Loosen Idler bolt
3) Lift tensioner and remove idler
4) Let down tensioner, slide off s/c pulley
5) Reinstall s/c pulley, lift tensioner
6) reinstall idler pulley, lower tensioner
7) tighten bolts

we can swap in about 3 minutes at this point

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
oh BTW

32910062.jpg

:lol:

Bwaaa, lol

A pic from the foot brake street car class that I run in? LOL

You can run the class too, oh wait, you can't

1) Race Transmission, not OEM
2) Under the weight requirement
3) Slicks

Oh well.....

Throw some weight back in it, put some street tires on it, and we'll line em up ;)

And this is how the car looks right now the way I daily drive it when not doing the nmra series, not a sticker anywhere to be found!

2011gt70.jpg

Same way as in my 9.03 run in full street trim :)

Team Beefcake Racing Daily Driven 2011 Mustang GT 9.03 Pass on 275's! - YouTube

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member

I indirectly qouted a JPC tech article...The article said they changed the pulley out in a mere 10 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread