Single turbo or Vortech

stang910

Established Member
I had the Hellion kit and IMO it was garbage. I have a Paxton now and it's awesome! Do some searching on it and also look at how many Hellion kits are being sold not long after the purchase. If you do get the Hellion upgrade to the 76mm turbo without question. The 67mm shouldn't even come with the kit.

KBSVTCOBRA

Banned
I had the Hellion kit and IMO it was garbage. I have a Paxton now and it's awesome! Do some searching on it and also look at how many Hellion kits are being sold not long after the purchase. If you do get the Hellion upgrade to the 76mm turbo without question. The 67mm shouldn't even come with the kit.

I was going for the vortech but, the turbo will give u more torque than the vortech

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Why a single? If I did it it over I would get a twin turbo kit. However, I went with the Paxton kit and love it!

stang910

Established Member
Correct the hellion will give you more peak tq for about 1000rpm then fall on it's face. I'm over 400ft-lb tq above 3500rpm and over 500ft-lb tq from 5000 rpm to 7500rpm. Google some dyno sheets of the hellion kit and tell me if you find one that can make over 500tq all the way to 7500rpm. You'll have your work cut out for you just finding a dyno sheet revving over 6500rpm because power starts dropping off real hard after that.

truckguy

Established Member
Yes I do I take my car to Power By The Hour , and they have one of the guys from Lund Racing come tuned all the cars.

Why not simply ask Ken his opinion? Personally I would do twins or a PD blower. I started out with the Roush TVS and I currently have a KB on my car. My personal preference is the Kenne Bell setup. It drives well and makes great power but everyone has different opinions. Ken should be able to steer you in the right direction as far as what is the best fit for you.

CPRsm

I'd take my single kit :beer: headers, k-member, and a 5in down pipe. Lower back pressure, bigger intercooler and will make power over 6500. 600ft/lbs to the ground on less than 10 psi on 91. Belts are for pants :-D The blowers are doing pretty well on these engines too though. Can't take that away from 'em.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Why not simply ask Ken his opinion? Personally I would do twins or a PD blower. I started out with the Roush TVS and I currently have a KB on my car. My personal preference is the Kenne Bell setup. It drives well and makes great power but everyone has different opinions. Ken should be able to steer you in the right direction as far as what is the best fit for you.

I would def do twins.

truckguy

Established Member
Belts are for pants :-D

And 5" downpipes are for diesels . :rolling: Lol.

Seriously though, they are all fun. For me it comes down to what drives well and makes the power I want. I also like pd blowers from the simplicity of them and how easy it is to perform maintenance in the future. Again, it is only an opinion.

Like I said, I would give Ken B a call and talk through the project with him if that is who you are going to use for the tuning anyway. Lay out your goals and get him involved. Your chances of getting exactly what you want will improve greatly by taking that approach.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd take my single kit :beer: headers, k-member, and a 5in down pipe. Lower back pressure, bigger intercooler and will make power over 6500. 600ft/lbs to the ground on less than 10 psi on 91. Belts are for pants :-D The blowers are doing pretty well on these engines too though. Can't take that away from 'em.

yeah, nearly 3 years in and turbo's still haven't been able to surpass the paxton / vortech's as far as e.t.'s :)

The paxton / vortech kits are the best bang for the buck, great intercooler, and will get 99% of the people everything they want

KBSVTCOBRA

Banned

I'm looking at the twin set up too, I'm planning in the long run to do a mmr built block with stage 3 heads and stage 3 turbo cams, first I have to finish my 04 cobra

KBSVTCOBRA

Banned
yeah, nearly 3 years in and turbo's still haven't been able to surpass the paxton / vortech's as far as e.t.'s :)

The paxton / vortech kits are the best bang for the buck, great intercooler, and will get 99% of the people everything they want

I saw a hellion twin turbo make 1,249 rear wheel horsepower at 23.9 psi

KBSVTCOBRA

Banned
Roush TVS, but it all depends on your goals! I made close to 530 lbs of torque.

My goal is to have a built motor on the 1000 + hp and still drive it all day long, the good thing about turbos is that as long ad u don't step on it u will have better mpg than any supercharger.

Users who are viewing this thread