Since when did Mustangs become hipster cars?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
You're un-American if you don't.
My last one, and there will be another...

92 Mustang.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
True. It's hard to beat a good fox. The funny thing about them as an aside.. is there are definitely good ones, and bad ones. I've had cars I've taken apart 9 times that I swapped dashes in, rear ends, motors, trans, all of it. They ride down the road straight as an arrow, ride well, no rattles and are great cars. Then I've had low mileage ones that were POS

Never_Enough

Established Member
Its not like Mustangs are sold to die-hard gear heads. I see more grannies, moms, office geeks, kids, and wanna-be car guys in Mustangs than I care to admit.
I see mostly women with no clue driving them around here.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I think what you're noticing is all the import kids who switched to owning ecoboosts. You can see a very clear difference in the types of people who own S550's when you look at the GT sub sections vs the ecoboost sub section.
My neighbor got rid of his ecoboost S550 for...a BRZ/FRS

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You guys continue to kill me with the auto/manual trash talking as if that has not been beat to death. The number of manuals I have destroyed at the track with a built tranny, high stall and gears. They hold more power, and shift faster and with todays autos it's even more amazing. The only thing you have going for you is they are no where near as much fun as a manual. That should be your selling point....about it....but is enough for sure. Talking like manuals are for girls but you just came in 2nd place at the track behind one....2 funny. ---> 96 Cobra(manual), 02 Procharged GT(auto), 04 Mach1(manual), 04 Twin Screw Cobra(manual) 11 5.0(manual), 15 Procharged and the fastest...AUTO. My main reason for this auto is a motorcycle accident and a Military time however but I'm gonna call it like I see.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You guys continue to kill me with the auto/manual trash talking as if that has not been beat to death. The number of manuals I have destroyed at the track with a built tranny, high stall and gears. They hold more power, and shift faster and with todays autos it's even more amazing. The only thing you have going for you is they are no where near as much fun as a manual. That should be your selling point....about it....but is enough for sure. Talking like manuals are for girls but you just came in 2nd place at the track behind one....2 funny. ---> 96 Cobra(manual), 02 Procharged GT(auto), 04 Mach1(manual), 04 Twin Screw Cobra(manual) 11 5.0(manual), 15 Procharged and the fastest...AUTO. My main reason for this auto is a motorcycle accident and a Military time however but I'm gonna call it like I see.

LOL....I honestly have not seen much mentioned about autos in this thread and what was said was clearly a joke...... not a dick, so don't take it so hard.

7NNe.gif

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Really? lol I do like your 99 though...last good looking Camaro. Love an 02SS in Orange.

if you make anything orange, I will probably buy it :D Tempted to get an Orange Fury 18 and likely with a 10spd auto. I love the 99, the 1st owner actually tracked me down and showed up at my house wanting to buy it back.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm more of a fan of the Comp Orange but the Fury is growing on me. Definitely the two best oranges in Fords History.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm more of a fan of the Comp Orange but the Fury is growing on me. Definitely the two best oranges in Fords History.
Grabber is not that far off of fury, no? Looks like Fury is just a lighter shade. Anyone have a shot with both next to each other?

Also, are the new Mustangs leasing well?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I prefer comp orange as well....there is just something about an orange car. Though finding a new left over comp 17 will probably be pretty tough.

Dusten

Established Member
It's so much more rewarding when you race people and they realize you aren't power adding.

With that said I eventually plan on a positive displacement somewhere around 700rwhp. It is going to be a daily after all.

But yes, I very much so "am that guy" and have been.
Maybe for you. To me the reward is winning.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

I'm trying to place who you are. I'm in west ashley and have lived here my whole life. Mustang dude for the last 15 years.

nxhappy

Established Member
around here all the 16-17 year olds get the brand new mustangs. pisses me off .

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm trying to place who you are. I'm in west ashley and have lived here my whole life. Mustang dude for the last 15 years.
Been stationed here about 4 times when I wasn't in the Middle East, Texas or California. Founding Member of Southern Mustang and Ford but just got affiliated with Low Country Muscle. Usually visit cars and coffee in Mount P on the weekends. Not sure if all that helps....

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Ford is winning selling cars. The community is bigger now but there is a disconnect between the old and new platform. A lot has to do with Shelby cars because they attract a different buyer and not easily in price range so if you exclude the s197, you can see the divide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Been stationed here about 4 times when I wasn't in the Middle East, Texas or California. Founding Member of Southern Mustang and Ford but just got affiliated with Low Country Muscle. Usually visit cars and coffee in Mount P on the weekends. Not sure if all that helps....

Ah the good ol' days of SMAF.

This was my old car. Which you may or may not remember.

7d20b250.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread