Show & Tell: What have you accomplished with the added free time?

AssPikle

Established Member
So while trying the app, I found a way to lock myself out of my account and I no longer use the old email address I had assigned to it. I have been under the same username for 10 plus years. Oops. Well, this is my new account.
20200415_120434.jpeg
20190922_123931.jpeg
20190922_150111.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AssPikle

Established Member

AssPikle

Established Member
The kit and materials is not cheap. I have about 1300 in total to build both speakers and well over 40 hours of labor. But they are by far better than anything you can buy even in the 3k range. Also, they do require a bit of power so I highly recommend dedicated amps for them or a really good 2 channel amp. I would not try to run them straight from a receiver.
That's a new resource for me. I usually use parts-express.com

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They certainly have the high end appearance so I could see where the $1300 and time would come into play. Clearly some solid engineering behind them beyond anything I could dream up. Mine were just something I pieced together in my head, went back and forth on a few things, and made a cardboard template once I was 95% sure I knew what I wanted to do. Not nearly as sophisticated haha
Image1586971949.697801.jpg

Image1586971974.256431.jpg

Top end runs off a receiver that’s supposedly putting out 110w and the subs (4ohms wired in series) get 400w from a power amp.

AssPikle

Established Member
Nice. I started going down a path of designing my own, but there is just too much time into taking frequencies, roll off, and crossover design than I had patience for. That's why I went with this set.

Here's a great forum that the designers frequent. Worth a look around.

HTGuide.com

If you like designing your own, there is a few forums out there that can teach you a bit. But I'll warn you, if your happy with what you have now, maybe stuck with those, cause it will consume your attention just digging into design. Its nuts what goes into them.
They certainly have the high end appearance so I could see where the $1300 and time would come into play. Clearly some solid engineering behind them beyond anything I could dream up. Mine were just something I pieced together in my head, went back and forth on a few things, and made a cardboard template once I was 95% sure I knew what I wanted to do. Not nearly as sophisticated haha
View attachment 1634363
View attachment 1634364

Top end runs off a receiver that’s supposedly putting out 110w and the subs (4ohms wired in series) get 400w from a power amp.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Oh yeah. It's enough to make your head spin! Partially why it took months before I finally sacked up and built the damn things. Couldn't make up my mind, mostly on the subs. Two 8's, one 10, which 8's or which 10, ported, sealed, front firing, side firing...blah!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been fixing nail pops through the house and touching up the paint. I have to remove the shower pan next, have to determine if that was leaking because I have some damage to the subfloor.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ripped carpet out of the family room and put down vinyl floors and new baseboards. Tore the bamboo floors out of the dining and living rooms and did the same with new baseboards. The master bedroom is next for the same. I think I have some pictures on my phone.
See below, site was being stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread