COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
My '94 - Magnapack catback tip picture during installation:

aPicture006-3.jpg

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Bassani Slant cut 3.5" ss. They are turned sideways from bassani, the exhaust is for 03-04 cobras and the tips are actually supposed to flow with the lines of the bumper...
IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
Bassani Slant cut 3.5" ss. They are turned sideways from bassani, the exhaust is for 03-04 cobras and the tips are actually supposed to flow with the lines of the bumper...
IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

:rockon: Do you have any side shots? What did you use to polish it?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Does the exhaust sound any different when you dump it behind the mufflers? I've always thought the exhaust looked out of place under an SN95 bumper and I like the clean dumped look of the last two guys.

LDC2335

Established Member
Does the exhaust sound any different when you dump it behind the mufflers? I've always thought the exhaust looked out of place under an SN95 bumper and I like the clean dumped look of the last two guys.

yes, id say a little louder, less drone, and a slight echo-ish rumble. Especially with your cams, it would sound sick. I just dont wanna deal with the smell from the catless mid, and i kinda like the look of my tails

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
heres pics of my tips, look better in person IMO, but here

97Cobra002.gif

97Cobra001.gif

97Cobra003.gif

97Cobra004.gif

97Cobra005.gif

97Cobra005.gif

So is this the mac catback?

Dude, take your taillights.. sand that crap off, redo it, and this time spray clear coat over the night shades, looks way better when it's shiny instead of dull imo.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
yea itys the mac catback, but it is the slash cut 3 1/2 in tip one, not the rolled, idk if these are hard to find but i think they are, but anyways the tips are pretty long, the chrome starts behind the axles, and the taillights were shiny once upon a time, i had odne it ot my head lightsa dn the clear coat did not do much, some said to buff it, but honestly, who the hell buffs spray paint....so ya

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
:rockon: Do you have any side shots? What did you use to polish it?

I had one but I think I deleted it, this is the closest to a side shot I have right now...
IMG_1252.jpg

...I used 100 grit for the rough parts of the piping and from there I went to 180, 280, 360, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, and finished with mothers aluminum polish. Did it all by hand, took me a couple days to do.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i polished my stock tips and my stb. all that sanding and buffing really sucked. it took me 16 hours on my stb but i didn't have all the right tools either.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
I had one but I think I deleted it, this is the closest to a side shot I have right now...
IMG_1252.jpg

...I used 100 grit for the rough parts of the piping and from there I went to 180, 280, 360, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, and finished with mothers aluminum polish. Did it all by hand, took me a couple days to do.

this looks sick, do you have any clearance issues? like does your rearend ever hit the tailpipes? this is something id like to do, but wanting to know how well it actually work.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
this looks sick, do you have any clearance issues? like does your rearend ever hit the tailpipes? this is something id like to do, but wanting to know how well it actually work.

I did an IRS swap so I have no issues with the differential moving up and down like a solid axle. The only movement in the IRS is the control arms so there is nothing to rub or hit the exhaust except for the road...

I sold this catback about a month and a half ago to get SLP II. I polished that one too but kind of feel like it didnt come out as good as the bassani. But I do love the sound of the Loudmouth II:rockon:

Last edited:

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
i see now. didnt know you had the actual irs out back.. still looks sick on a sn95.. handle any better with the irs?

Helomech74

Established Member
Here's some pics of mine. Stainless Works headers to SW 3" midpipes, to custom 3" Xpipe and flow tubes. 3" Borla XR1's dumped right before the axle.

P1000234.gif

P1000233.gif

Users who are viewing this thread