Show Me your Exhaust Tips!!! *Pics*

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
i see now. didnt know you had the actual irs out back.. still looks sick on a sn95.. handle any better with the irs?

Handles much better then with the sra. I like taking it down the twisty hill country roads, its a blast to take curves with the car sticking to the ground!

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Here's some pics of mine. Stainless Works headers to SW 3" midpipes, to custom 3" Xpipe and flow tubes. 3" Borla XR1's dumped right before the axle.

Awesome i was also thinking about the doing the CHE T/X brace. Do you have anymore pictures also any tips/issues upon installation.

Helomech74

Established Member
Awesome i was also thinking about the doing the CHE T/X brace. Do you have anymore pictures also any tips/issues upon installation.

I don't have anymore pictures of the install. It was very easy to install, just make sure that it clears all your exhaust pipes. If you are running dumps, then make sure they clear the cross bar of the brace. There might be issues with some tailpipes too. I had to redo my dumps to clear the brace (I had to cut some length off of the flowtubes, push the mufflers forward a bit and cut some length off of the dumped pipes to make them clear. The install itself was very easy, just make sure to have a sharp 1/2" and 3/8" drill bit. Measure twice and drill once. Took me about an hour to install it after adjusting the exhaust.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Revive! My macs. Thinkin about adding tips...
DSCF3045.jpg

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
I had a custom set made out of 3" stainless steel. They're a little different but I couldn't find anyone that sold a 3" catback in stainless steel with blowthru mufflers so I just had the catback and tailpipes custom made. Then I went through the time consuming process of polishing the tailpipes.

Anyways, here's before and after polishing...

048.jpg

045-1.jpg

And finally installed...

001-6.jpg

006-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

Overall I'm pleased with them. The welds aren't too noticable when they're on the car and the v bands make it easy to take them off if I need to drop the fuel tank for any reason.

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
I would hope you are pleased with them! How well do they stay shiney?

Well the car has been sitting in the garage since december awaiting a heart transplant and they still look like they did when I first polished them. Now if I was actually able to drive the car I would just have to wipe them down every now and then with mothers polish to keep them looking nice.

Those tailpipes are awesome!!! Do u have a farther pic from the side. I want to see how the car looks farther away

I don't really have any other pics of them. Unfortunately, my Proline built engine decided to break a couple weeks after I polished them. I'll take some better pics as soon as I get everything back together.

pacific4v

Established Member
I put some fox body lx flowmaster tailpipes on my car. Got them for $40 local and they were barely used. They look great but I don't have any pics right now.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I put some fox body lx flowmaster tailpipes on my car. Got them for $40 local and they were barely used. They look great but I don't have any pics right now.
Hey man
If you could get some pics up i would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2.5" catback and it stops literally right behind my gas tank. Im torn on whether to do 2.5" LX tailpipes or 3" LX tailpipes. Im afraid the 2.5" looks too small.
I dont like the way magnaflow tips look on the rear of our bumpers. I like the pipe to have a continuous flow look to it.

pacific4v

Established Member
Hey man
If you could get some pics up i would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2.5" catback and it stops literally right behind my gas tank. Im torn on whether to do 2.5" LX tailpipes or 3" LX tailpipes. Im afraid the 2.5" looks too small.
I dont like the way magnaflow tips look on the rear of our bumpers. I like the pipe to have a continuous flow look to it.

alright, I'll try to get some pics today. The car is oustide and its raining and overcast today so I can't promise they'll be good pictures. The tailpipes i put on were pretty narrow, 2.5" I think. I would have liked the piping to be a little bigger, but I picked them up for so cheap I can't really complain.

mystical

Established Member
Hey man

The 2.5" LX tails look sweet but are too small for our cars. The 3" LX ones I have seen look like crap.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
3" look like crap? No way. How so?
Are you saying that you don't like the way those tailpipes look in post#190
I was planning on doing that exact same setup but I'm having mine mandrel bent then polished.

Users who are viewing this thread