Established Member
What u crazy

Thanks for the props LDC!!

Here are a few pics,

101_4406.jpg

101_4407.jpg

mystic5.jpg

100_2051.jpg
So your telling me these rolled tips dont look sik on this cobra?

venomous99

Established Member
i dont know..im not feeling the rolled tips on a sn95 bumper. they look a lot better on a new edge where the rest of the tailpipe is hidden or tucked away.. an sn95 bumper looks perfect w/ a straight edge angled tip or better yet a 3" tailpipe similar to how we drool over lx w/ nice tailipipes. would an lx w/ monstrous 3.5" rolled tips look good?
DSCN2112.jpg

DSCN2114.jpg

DSCN2116.jpg

Last edited:

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Where do i buy lx tailpipes
cant we just get a 22" 3" magnaflow non rolled tip and let a muffler shop do the rest.
Will that look like lx tailpipes

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Imho I hate tailpipes on our body style except for when people use fox tailpipes! They just follow the body line so well! Im going to do it to my 98 cobra this winter hopefully.

Here is my old 95 with the fox tail pipes and you can see how they follow the body just looks much cleaner.

100_0619.jpg
Its hard to tell what the teilpipes look like.
Do u have any more pics?
And are those 3" lx tailpipes?

venomous99

Established Member
cant we just get a 22" 3" magnaflow non rolled tip and let a muffler shop do the rest.

LX tailpipes tend to exit out in a upward angle like in that pic. if u get the 22" 3" tips, it'll be difficult to get the right bends w/out hacking the pipe. your best bet is to just get a 3" tailpipe.

F8L BYT

Established Member

latemodel resto has them but all you have to do really is just buy a catback/tips for a fox lx and it will bolt right up to 94-97 mustangs. The 98 will need to change the exhaust hanger locations for the tailpipes because most 98's have the 99+ tailpipe mounting location

And the tips on my old 95 were 2.5", I'm going with 3" mac catback for a fox i think next

HandsomeRob

Established Member
link

latemodel resto has them but all you have to do really is just buy a catback/tips for a fox lx and it will bolt right up to 94-97 mustangs. The 98 will need to change the exhaust hanger locations for the tailpipes because most 98's have the 99+ tailpipe mounting location

And the tips on my old 95 were 2.5", I'm going with 3" mac catback for a fox i think next

Hey fox5.0 do u have a link on what i need to buy.
I already have a Mac Catback so i dont want to buy another Catback!

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
i dont know..im not feeling the rolled tips on a sn95 bumper. they look a lot better on a new edge where the rest of the tailpipe is hidden or tucked away.. an sn95 bumper looks perfect w/ a straight edge angled tip or better yet a 3" tailpipe similar to how we drool over lx w/ nice tailipipes. would an lx w/ monstrous 3.5" rolled tips look good?

I'm with you. On certain 99-04's yeah but not SN95's.

So your telling me these rolled tips dont look sik on this cobra?

nope. Sweet car with Vato Zone exhaust tips :)

Eddie Z

Established Member
Imho I hate tailpipes on our body style except for when people use fox tailpipes! They just follow the body line so well! Im going to do it to my 98 cobra this winter hopefully.

Here is my old 95 with the fox tail pipes and you can see how they follow the body just looks much cleaner.

100_0619.jpg

This looks perfect!

What brand are these tail pipes? Were they 3' or 2 1/2?

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Im so undecided on my damn tips.
Ive decided you guys were right about the rolled tips on SN-95's
I have to get un-rolled 3" but i like the LX look.
I wish that guy would show more pics or anybody else?

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
that white car looks really good. the stock lx tailpipes are too small though for our cars imo.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I think the angled up look looks way better than angled down or even straight out!!
I wish somebody made longer 3" Stainless Steel Tips than 22" Magnaflows. I need like 24"-26" SS Tips.
Then i can get a Mandrel bender to make the necessary bends for the LX look without seeing the welds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread