Should SVTP buy a 2011 GT or Boss 302?

Driver72

Established Member
Being that is forum is called

"SVT" performance, I would think the logical car to buy and build up would be a
GT500

Get a base GT500 and do some mods to it.
Boss 302 would be nice but I think that's an even more collectible car and further, it has a lot of "factory mods" already done to it. So short of tuning and appearance mods, what else could you possibly do to a car that already has intake and exhaust mods, some engine internal mods and probably as good of a suspension as you'd want for a track car that also doubles as a street car?

Get a base GT500 and have at it.
Second choice go with 5.0 GT with Brembos and 3.55's

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Meh the gt500 has been out for years. I think everyone is pretty familiar with them and what potential they have with mods and what not. I'd go GT..you'd get much more interest and with many more people owning them then the Boss.

Driver72

Established Member
Meh the gt500 has been out for years. I think everyone is pretty familiar with them and what potential they have with mods and what not. I'd go GT..you'd get much more interest and with many more people owning them then the Boss.

The 2011 GT has only been out for a few months. With the new lighter engine and such it's kind of a new discovery as to what it can do. Not sure how many people have done too much to a 2011 yet.
But even though the 2011 GT has only been out a few months there are a plethora of mods for it already too. And more people seem to be modding and testing the GT than the GT500

maybe change the name of the forum to MustangPerformance.com then if the marketing car is not even going to be what the name suggests.

AmnDucky

Established Member
Being that is forum is called

"SVT" performance, I would think the logical car to buy and build up would be a
GT500

Get a base GT500 and do some mods to it.
Boss 302 would be nice but I think that's an even more collectible car and further, it has a lot of "factory mods" already done to it. So short of tuning and appearance mods, what else could you possibly do to a car that already has intake and exhaust mods, some engine internal mods and probably as good of a suspension as you'd want for a track car that also doubles as a street car?

Get a base GT500 and have at it.
Second choice go with 5.0 GT with Brembos and 3.55's

Its a Shelby GT500, not an SVT Cobra. If you want to follow the SVT name, then they should buy a Raptor.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Buy a base 6M car. Show how it can be built with some FRPP parts and aftermarket parts to out perform the boss. Keep it n/a and affordable but make it perform.:beer:

I'm with Rick!:rockon::beer:

11 3.73 6 speed base GT, not loaded(your car you decide).

"The BUDGET BOSS" or "U-Build it BOSS"

Do a track focus car with all the go fast goodies added in over time allowing interesting write ups complete with track time improvements posted as parts are added on. Try to keep weight a priority from the get go. Not gutting a beautiful GT but just being aware of the starting weight and aiming for reduction not increase where ever possible.
All the while retaining the extremely civilized nature and comfort of these very nice cars.

There are some very capable "East Coast' guys with extensive track time and reputations on our forum you could easily recruit for the testing.
I think names will immediate pop to mind but if you need, I can talk to them about this and see if they are as cranked up about the new possibilities for this awesome platform as I am.

Or fly me out to have the car flogged for lap improvements, I'm not the fastest but I always bring them home in one piece.

If you want ideas for the car, let me know, there is already smoke coming out of my ears, Thinking about the BOSS and BOSS variants and it has already actually affected my sleep.:eek:

A few of us guys are already thinking about this car and have already been discussing it.
You could be the leader and wrap your arms around this.... or not.

A drag focus car is just as viable and would likely have more followers, but I probably would not get all excited about it. I just don't think the BOSS connection will be as compelling.

A Budget Boss with a drag focus I think would be a mistake, the BOSS was and is going to be very much at home ripping up VIR, Summit, Road Atlanta and other tracks.

This I think is a VERY cool idea!:rockon:

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

This is the main reason to go with a GT. We want to build a strong 2011 forum here and think this would be a good way to start. The GT500 is a great car, but even the 2011 with all it's advancements is not that much different than the previous cars. The 2011 GT500 was more of an advancement over the earlier cars, the 2011 GT is a substantial evolution over the previous generation. When they do something huge to the GT500 we'll be looking to get one of those. After the GT I think it would be fun to work with a Raptor, no one is really doing what I want to do with one of those.

Bullitt4859

Established Member
2011 GT for sure. I think if you could start off with the basic Intake, Full exhaust, and tune. Then add the ford racing Boss intake manifold( dyno testing after the install), have Livernois install a set of their CNC ported heads and Comp Cams new 5.0 cams. That would be a great start in the performance aspect.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We have a specific plan about what we want to do, but that plan does not include the mods. Those will be determined as we go.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I would get a gt premium rapid spec 400a. Options would be brembo's, 3.73s, security package, hid's, and the gt500/California special rear lower fascia diffuser you can select it under accessories. My mod list would start out with some sick wheels and tires like true forged or hre's, probably run a 19x9.5 up front and 19x11 out back, I would run coil overs all around for that low and mean look also for better handling and some adjustability. Up next would be a full exhaust long tubes all the way to the catback, c.a.i, dyno tune, and maybe a boss intake. I would also go with the roush front fascia and splitter, and im not sure on what deck lid spoiler I would run, shelby, roush, or c/s pedestal spoiler? Any way that's how I would do it if I had the opportunity. :dancenana:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Base GT no doubt. Buying the boss will turn off alot of members just for the fact that it's already more in tune to the road course.. Sure you could mod it, but it's already such a well balanced car that I doubt most buyers getting one with do a whole lot to it. The GT would be a great starting point for just an all around performer. Road course and 1/4 mile..

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
GT with Brembo, 3.73, and rear spoiler delete option. It will be more in line with what people will be able to do...unless you just want an excuse to by the Boss.

Users who are viewing this thread