Should SVTP buy a 2011 GT or Boss 302?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're considering buying a project vehicle for the site. It would be used in a lot of posts and vids here. What do you think we should by and mod? What options should the car have? What mods would you like to see?

wjk

Established Member
Definitely the Boss... but thats a good year away! How bout just a Base 2011 5.0 with 3.73s and Brembos??

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Travis,

Buy a 2011 base GT with 3.73's and maybe the Brembo package. Mod it this year and use it for articles and then sell it or trade it in on the 2012 Boss 302 next year!

Being that the car would be a SVTP project car it would HAVE to be worth more than a regular used 2011 GT. ;-)

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Buy a base 6M car. Show how it can be built with some FRPP parts and aftermarket parts to out perform the boss. Keep it n/a and affordable but make it perform.:beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Travis,

Buy a 2011 base GT with 3.73's and maybe the Brembo package. Mod it this year and use it for articles and then sell it or trade it in on the 2012 Boss 302 next year!

Being that the car would be a SVTP project car it would HAVE to be worth more than a regular used 2011 GT. ;-)

I was thinking of using it and selling it to move on to the next one in about a year. I just hadn't decided what the new one should be. Since I'm likely to put a ton of miles on this thing I'm thinking of getting a loaded up GT. It would give us an opportunity to evaluate more of the available features too.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I would for sure go with a GT based on what you would be using it for. I would hate to buy a Boss and pay a premium (more than likely) and try to mod it etc.

To me the perfect platform would be the GT.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Considering that it's meant to be the site's project car, a base model should be chosen. It could be quite informative and possibly appeal to more people. It would be a true baseline and also tell the guys with options like Brembo's and gears a rough idea of what their respective options are worth- right out of the box.

Then again, you could totally go nuts and modify the **** out of that Boss. That WOULD be interesting...and worth seeing. :beer: In fact, I'm seriously thinking about doing that myself.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If I were to purchase one I would get the base gt with brembo and add some mods.

Long tubes, Boss Plenum intake, tune, griggs ss, cs front with boss ls splitter, boss brake ducts, boss ls rear cross member, port the heads and high lope cams!!!!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Idk the premiumn w spec 401 looks really nice, add some spray. I'm sure it would do ok. Anyway that's my plan w a auto. I did some cal w stock diff gear auto 3 gears through 1/4 equal around 6800 rpms , w a 4.10 diff, 4 gears and 6700 rpms in 1/4. Well 120 mph, I'm figuring w the nitrous. I hope some damn day some co. steps up w a locking hi stall converter.. Do u hear me? 6r80 thats the deal. Get one figure it out. We will buy.

AmnDucky

Established Member
Why buy a car that is already built up? That defeats the purpose. But the most base model manual GT you can and build everything. Interior, engine, suspension, gears, trans, brakes, body, exhaust, etc. THAT is a project car.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
It it were me and wanted a true project car for a car forum. I would purchase a loaded 2011 GT. This gives you a chance to not only evaluate the performance aspects of the vehicle but, also the creature comforts of the vehicle.

You would truly get to write about all your likes and dislikes. I know a ton of people on here only care if the car has 3:73 gears and it is a M6. But there are plenty more who want to know about driveabilty, handling, interior creature comforts, fuel mileage, etc..

Again this is just a personal opinion but I just can see way more great articles being written on a loaded 2011 GT then I can see written about the base 2011 GT, or the BOSS 302 that will most likely be out of the average person reach as far a price. This would always give you a great way to relate to your site members a bit more by working on what the majority can afford.

Sorry if my post reads like shit. I just woke up. :shrug:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It it were me and wanted a true project car for a car forum. I would purchase a loaded 2011 GT. This gives you a chance to not only evaluate the performance aspects of the vehicle but, also the creature comforts of the vehicle.

You would truly get to write about all your likes and dislikes. I know a ton of people on here only care if the car has 3:73 gears and it is a M6. But there are plenty more who want to know about driveabilty, handling, interior creature comforts, fuel mileage, etc..

Again this is just a personal opinion but I just can see way more great articles being written on a loaded 2011 GT then I can see written about the base 2011 GT, or the BOSS 302 that will most likely be out of the average person reach as far a price. This would always give you a great way to relate to your site members a bit more by working on what the majority can afford.

Sorry if my post reads like shit. I just woke up. :shrug:

That's close to what I'm thinking.

ViciousJay

Established Member

i could do this for you, ask away ill be 100% dead honest. Also im a m6 w/ 3.31 stock gear

Users who are viewing this thread