Should I.....

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I know, but I've seen Terminators in the low 20K price range. Given yours is a rare color (and I assume lowish miles), even with the wheels, I still don't see it being worth that much. But I'm not looking to buy, so my opinion is of little value. :)

I agree. Womack's car was like 10k less with SB and CCW's. But Matt is entitled to ask whatever he wants for his , I'm just not crazy enough to pay that for it. There are plenty of other cars out there. :coolman:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
(anything is worth what someone is willing to pay,
There it is. I overpaid for my car, but I wanted this color again.:thumbsup:

I've got a buddy that wants to sell his 96 for close to or more than the 12K he bought it for and I laughed at him and told him he'd be lucky to get 8K. SN95 Cobras aren't worth crap right now.:(

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I agree. Womack's car was like 10k less with SB and CCW's. But Matt is entitled to ask whatever he wants for his , I'm just not crazy enough to pay that for it. There are plenty of other cars out there. :coolman:

7, and yes, you'll find something else...

BTW, HREs cost about 3 x CCdubs... FYI...:beer: Plus Jason's car has over 2x my mileage and he had to do a lot of work to it since the previous owner had it pretty rigged...

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I thought there was 28x COs, or fo you mean currently for sale?

sorry technically challenged... are you sure you are learning anything out there college boy? :poke::lol:

He said Womack's car was 10 grand cheaper... I said 7...

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
10K for rims and tires????? LOL...... You paid 4K. In which you could have bought BRAND NEW True Forged made at the SAME factory in the same style for $2800. The only difference would be the engraving on the center caps. :poke:

I'll bet you JC would sell you his Whippled Cobra for 30K and it's only got like 12,000 miles on it. Low mile Mineral Grey is a rare combo.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
10K for rims and tires????? LOL...... You paid 4K. In which you could have bought BRAND NEW True Forged made at the SAME factory in the same style for $2800. The only difference would be the engraving on the center caps. :poke:

I'll bet you JC would sell you his Whippled Cobra for 30K and it's only got like 12,000 miles on it. Low mile Mineral Grey is a rare combo.

Yea, not so much the same wheels... thats ok if you want to believe that...

Get some that look like mine and we will compare them.:lol1:

Yea I paid, 4K, doesn't mean I am selling them for that... If I sold my car for 29-30, which is about what I'd take, that is 5-6 for the rims and tires... I still don't think it ia a bad deal. If T/F wheels were the same, HRE would be out of business... They make Maseratis with Ferrari motors (and in or near the same factory), does that make them the same too?:lol1: BTW my wheels are perfect, new or not, they have one tiny scuff on one wheel... I didn't want T/F wheels because I still think they are inferior wheels... maybe HRE left overs that didn't pass spec or something, just how I feel...:bored:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Believe what you want. Your rims are Bad Ass but, you are paying for the name. Thats it. TF are NOT HRE left overs. Thats pretty funny you think that though. :lol:

And HRE has been in business longer, so they will not be going out of business, because they have people like you who will pay more for the name.

Just because TF doesn't charge as much does not make them any less quality.

But thats what makes the world go around. Different choices for different people.

For the $$$$$, I'll take the "Inferior" TF's and a full Whipple setup for the same price or less than the HRE's. But thats just me. :smmon:

Then again, my car is "Ghetto" with stock cut springs too so.....

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I haven't seen a set of TF up close yet, so I can't say anything about the quality of them. HRE's a badass, but they ARE NOT 10k badass. Anyone who pays that much for a set wheels either has too much money or someone who has lost their damn minds.

I personally think Fikse are better then HRE's, (looks and quality) and even at 800 bucks per wheel it's still nuts.

Kevin- I don't think your car is ghetto at all. I think it's one of the nicest Termy in north Texas PERIOD. Just because you didn't go with a name brand set of springs doesn't make it ghetto. I'll bet anyone no this board as soon as you put those wheels on and post pics, it will be all over the net like Womack's car is.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
sorry technically challenged... are you sure you are learning anything out there college boy? :poke::lol:

I'm not learning anything, that's why I can't wait to get out of here, lol.

The last part of the quote you replied to was that there are a lot of other cars out there for sale, and since you didn't specify $ or 7K, I thought maybe you had done a quick sweep of the classifieds to prove your point.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I will sell my babied rare screaming yellow for 35. With a 3.4! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Never been wrecked!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Believe what you want. Your rims are Bad Ass but, you are paying for the name. Thats it. TF are NOT HRE left overs. Thats pretty funny you think that though. :lol:

And HRE has been in business longer, so they will not be going out of business, because they have people like you who will pay more for the name.

Just because TF doesn't charge as much does not make them any less quality.

But thats what makes the world go around. Different choices for different people.

For the $$$$$, I'll take the "Inferior" TF's and a full Whipple setup for the same price or less than the HRE's. But thats just me. :smmon:

Then again, my car is "Ghetto" with stock cut springs too so.....
Kevin, you are comparing a car at market to a car that isn't for sale... that' is what you aren't taking into consideration...
If it was for sale, I'd be asking about 31 with the wheels...:beer: the 4 grand would make me want to sell it, which I don't... ie it would take more money than the car is worth for me to get rid of it... does none of this make sense? It's not that I think my car is special or worth more than market, it's that I dont want to sell it... plain and simple.:thumbsup:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I will sell my babied rare screaming yellow for 35. With a 3.4! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Never been wrecked!

LOL at the ad... that's like one of those car-fax commercials! :lol1: ("new uplostery" when it shows the car in a flood)..

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Oh and btw Kevin, 2800 for TF wheels and tires would cost more than mine did, so just because I got a hell of a deal on them, doesn't make me retarded for buying them either... right?:beer:

texaswrx

Established Member

I am sure he at least learned that spending 10g on tires and wheels is mental.....................

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I am sure he at least learned that spending 10g on tires and wheels is mental.....................

At least he learned to read, even if he can't understand...

I didn't spend 10 grand on wheels and tires, I said that is about what they would cost new... ~$9,400-9,500.

blownaltered

Established Member
I've actually been looking at some fikse, I about fell over when they told me that price I would have sh*t myself if they would have said close to 10k ( I know that includes tires, but fikse with tires would only run 5k)

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

He didn't spend 10k, that's just what he would charge friends. Matt's one of my good buddies and I expected the crazy price knowing his buying and selling methods. I thought it was funny really.

Hell, I gave up one of my days off to drive him all over the metroplex, out to Ennis so he could sell parts and he didn't even pay for gas! LMFAO! :lol: But to his defense, he did pay 5 bucks for some Jack In The Box.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
He didn't spend 10k, that's just what he would charge friends. Matt's one of my good buddies and I expected the crazy price knowing his buying and selling methods. I thought it was funny really.

Hell, I gave up one of my days off to drive him all over the metroplex, out to Ennis so he could sell parts and he didn't even pay for gas! LMFAO! :lol: But to his defense, he did pay 5 bucks for some Jack In The Box.

LOL Steve... I forgot to buy gas because we never got any in your gas sipper...

I wasn't going to charge you 10 grand for the wheels... I would take 29 on stands, and thats asking 6 for the wheels and tires... Steve (black KB Vert) offered me 5 grand for the wheels a week after I bought them... so 29 + 5 = 34... I asked 35 cause thats about what I would want... I'm not trying to screw a good friend, I just don't want to sell the damn car. If it was for sale, I'd sell it to you for a good deal.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread