Should I Install the H&R Springs? Pics Inside

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Yes, put the springs on so I know for sure that those tires will fit on an H&R lowered car. You're my ginea pig:)

Avenging Angel

Established Member
You definately need springs. Whether or not H&R's might be the right choice, you won't know until you install them. Since H&R's lower your car 1.5-1.75" you might have issues with the top of the tire bumping up against the fenderwell lip when you hit a dip in the road.

I have 315's in the back & my car is lowered 1.25" with Steeda Sport springs & my tire used to hit the fenderwell lip when I hit a dip in the road. I fixed that problem by getting some stiffer shocks (03 Cobra shocks).

If once you install those H&R's & they don't work, send me a PM. I'll be willing to trade you my Steeda Sports Springs for the H&R's & I'll even pay for the shipping.

Here's a pic of my car w/ 315's & Steeda Springs.

TTR2.jpg

TTF.jpg

03cobrarocks

Established Member
18 inch rims

what other rims look good on a 03 cobra that come with 10.5 for the rear? is the .5 make enough of a diffrence becuase i want to get the saleen chrome rims but if .5 makes any more traction then i defiantly want it

RGrossman

Established Member
Can anyone tell me how I can go about installing the H&R springs? I was thinking of dropping down the IRS some. All I have to do is unbolt the shock from the trunk, put a jack under the control arm and then take the 2 bolts out of the IRS and let that side down slowly, the spring should drop out, place the new spring in and then proceed to other side of IRS? Is this correct for install rear springs? Fronts are cake, never done IRS.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
wow.. that looks very nice. i have exactly the same rims sitting in my garage. are you running any spacers?? i don't want to order any tires until i know exactly what i need to clear the irs bolt.
please let me know.
thank u very much.

wuplash

Established Member
i know how you feel on lowering dilema.i was in the same boat but i said what the heck if i did not like them i could always take them off,but after seeing it lowered now with the h&r sport springs i love the look it goes nicely with my new bfg 315/35/17 drag radials.hopefully soon i will have a few pics up :coolman:

RGrossman

Established Member
Did you guys that installed your own springs, lower the IS down or use a compressor?

I'm running a 1/4" spacer on my car...

Users who are viewing this thread