Go Packers!
Established Member
Avenging Angel:
Your car ROCKS!! Wow, that looks great!
What wheels (brand and size) are those?
Dave

sweet10th

Established Member
I actually think your car sits pretty well.
If you havent gotten the Urethane spring isolaters with the H&R's then i'd say dont do it.
Without the isolaters i think you'll end up with nearly a 2 inch drop which i think looking at the way your fenders are over your wheels they would rub if you went over some nasty bumps and dips in the road.
Im putting H&R's on mine with isolaters , im running 10.5 rims with 315's on and its gonna be close.

akaeric

Established Member
Has anyone tried and replace that dam bolt with a flatnead hex bolt instead of grindind?

Last edited:

CobraBri

Established Member
Naw, leave the springs off...car looks great without them. I would be more than happy to clear up room in your trunk for a nice subwoofer box...would you take Paypal for the springs? :beer: :thumbsup:

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by Avenging Angel
You definately need springs. Whether or not H&R's might be the right choice, you won't know until you install them. Since H&R's lower your car 1.5-1.75" you might have issues with the top of the tire bumping up against the fenderwell lip when you hit a dip in the road.

I have 315's in the back & my car is lowered 1.25" with Steeda Sport springs & my tire used to hit the fenderwell lip when I hit a dip in the road. I fixed that problem by getting some stiffer shocks (03 Cobra shocks).

If once you install those H&R's & they don't work, send me a PM. I'll be willing to trade you my Steeda Sports Springs for the H&R's & I'll even pay for the shipping.

Here's a pic of my car w/ 315's & Steeda Springs.

TTR2.jpg

TTF.jpg

Damn how much do those rims weigh? I'm sold if they weigh less than the AFS chromies!!

akaeric

Established Member
Steeda sport springs

Avenging Angel
What exact STEEDA sport spring did you use I can't fin springs that are called Sport springs and did you have to change the arms? I like your look alot so can you goive me the exact springs you used Steeda offers several springs. I want 315's on the back real bad got the 10.5 rims just need the tires and how to make them fit.

akaeric

Established Member
I wish I had ordered that combo I don't like how the285's 17s look I'm thinking of just going 19x 10.5s with the 295's and leave the 17's on the front they will be differant looking tires but it will give a little jacked up look. either that or has anyone used spacers to move the tires away from the bolts so they can put 315's on instead of grindind the bolt? If so please let me know and let me know how they are holding up. I would love to put 315's in the back.

RGrossman

Established Member
BO TY KLR, what size tires up front? Can you measure ur fender to the ground for me? I'd like to know how much the car dropped?

BO TY KLR

Established Member
RGrossman, I've got stock isolators on it. It dropped 1 1/4" all the way around. I haven't been able to drive it yet as I only have storage insurance until end of the month. I imagine it'll settle some. I measured the front at 26 3/4, the rear at 27 1/4. The front tire is a 275/35/18 and the rear is 295/35/18, so the back tire is a tad bit taller.

Last edited:

akaeric

Established Member
Wheres a good site to get good strong spacers? If I can fit 315's with a 1/4 spacer might as well get the space and the tire I want.
RGrossman
Are you those 315's on 17 or 18 inch wheels?

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
if you are dropping it for looks then i would do it. if you just want it to hook up a little better then i would go with subframes first then decide if you want to drop.

I just put subframes in and my car takes off straighter and corners much stronger and flatter. Our springs are pretty stiff as is and they arent nearly the 4X4 height of most GTs.

I must say those wheels look really sweet on your rides.

Users who are viewing this thread