Shop quote trippled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Damn, this is getting rediculous.

and the truth comes out and more sympathy disappears into the wind. if he was warned FOUR ****ing months ago and STILL left his car there ... it's his own damn fault he is getting bent over like a 4th street ho.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Were they these headers? I'm just trying to understand, hope it all works out for you.

I remember that thread, didn't he try and call out the seller for not showing him the dings?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
All I can say is those asking for the shops name, it wouldn't be right posting it. We are only getting ONE SIDE of the story right now. Each individual who are involved in these situations will always consider themselves the victim.

I think the name should be kept out. If the OP is taking legal action then I'm sure the situation will be dealt with and that shop wouldn't be bending people over anymore anyways. And besides that, the possibility of you going to that shop for work probably doesn't even exist for most.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/889401-question-about-engine-swap-price.html

So is this the same shop you asked about 4 months ago and everyone told you to stay away from?

If this IS the same shop, then it does seem that the higher cost was known 4 months ago. I'm so confused.

At this point this whole thing is muddy at best. I'm not taking the side of the shop or the car owner, but until we have all of the correct information (from both parties), we have no right to pass judgement on either. Right now we are only getting bits and pieces from the car owner and from another thread. Again, I'm not siding with the shop. But we've seen other times here where a car owner accused a shop and then when the shop stated their side, things changed.

I foresee that lessons will be learned in the end by both parties.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
and the truth comes out and more sympathy disappears into the wind. if he was warned FOUR ****ing months ago and STILL left his car there ... it's his own damn fault he is getting bent over like a 4th street ho.

Wrong. The car was pulled from that shop. I was originally quoted 2k for the work there. The owner tried to pull a bait and switch on me with 5k when it got there.

This shops proposal was 4100 and change. They were higher but I've been using them for awhile. I felt they'd do the job right and in that case paying a premium was worth it to not deal with the initial situation.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Wrong. The car was pulled from that shop. I was originally quoted 2k for the work there. The owner tried to pull a bait and switch on me with 5k when it got there.

This shops proposal was 4100 and change. They were higher but I've been using them for awhile. I felt they'd do the job right and in that case paying a premium was worth it to not deal with the initial situation.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
let me ask you a question - why didn't you take it to the shop your friend took his to. He was supposed to get it back in a week. you couldn't wait that long to see how his turned out before you started on yours? how did his car turn out?

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Guys, alot of you need to chill out a bit. svt monster has alot of money and time into this and he came here to ask/ inform this community of what was going on with him and to ask for opinions. We do not need to be so critical of him, but to support him with what's going on. Remember we all share a similar interest..... the love of our svt products! He is doing the right thing in not naming the shop just yet. It could negatively affect the possible outcome of any legal/ financial settlement. afterall is said and done would be the time to name the shop,not slander them. I know this from experience. The internet is a great place to get informed, but can also hurt you in legal aspects if your not careful! svt monster tread carefully and good luck! stick by your guns and get whats coming to you.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Just heard who got laid off, so that just reconfirmed everything for me.

My one piece of advice to you OP, please have your car gone over top to bottom before you run/drive/tune/do anything with your car.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
nys dmv - (brochure) know your rights in auto repair

the "consumer's bill of rights"

under the repair shop act, you have the following rights when dealing with a repair shop:

Written estimate

if you request it, the repair shop must give you a written estimate of the parts and labor necessary for each specific repair. The shop may charge a reasonable fee for developing a written estimate, but the labor charge for an estimate may not exceed the shop's usual hourly labor charge.

The estimate must list each part and its cost, and show what parts, if any, are either used or not of original quality. It must show the labor charges for each repair and by what method they are calculated. The shop may not charge more than the estimated price without your permission.

Authorizing work

a shop may not perform any services unless you give your permission. If the shop prepares a written work order, it must give you a copy. If you prepare a written work order, the shop must attach it to the invoice. If work is authorized verbally or by telephone, the invoice must show the date, time, and name of the person giving authorization.

this!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Just heard who got laid off, so that just reconfirmed everything for me.

My one piece of advice to you OP, please have your car gone over top to bottom before you run/drive/tune/do anything with your car.

Why would who got laid off confirm everything? info?

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Why would who got laid off confirm everything? info?

Because the OP said the owner of the shop was laying someone off, the guy who said He can confirm what shop it is obviously had an idea of what shop it was, and now that someone has been laid off, which he probably heard about, confirms it.

If that makes any sense at all.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Because the OP said the owner of the shop was laying someone off, the guy who said He can confirm what shop it is obviously had an idea of what shop it was, and now that someone has been laid off, which he probably heard about, confirms it.

If that makes any sense at all.

Word is, he heard it through his brothers girlfriends uncle Tommy who knew one of the previous employees at another shop who knows that owners 3rd cousin Jesse which is really good friends with the daughter of the owner of that shop which laid off that other worker. From what I hear from my brothers friends uncle who knew OP's great grandmother 7 years before he met uncle Tommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread