Shelby GT350 Destroys Boosted Camaro

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
post on another forum claims the Fbody owner is his son and the car made around 600 at the wheels for whatever that matters but walked/destroyed isnt really accurate

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That clapped out trashcan held its own pretty darn good! Isn't the old GM 4.8 notorious for not being able to make any power, or is it just the 305? At any rate, that GT350 in no way "destroyed" that Camaro.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
post on another forum claims the Fbody owner is his son and the car made around 600 at the wheels for whatever that matters but walked/destroyed isnt really accurate

If it made 600 at the wheels it would've put buslengths on the GT350. Less weight and 100+more RHWP.

That clapped out trashcan held its own pretty darn good! Isn't the old GM 4.8 notorious for not being able to make any power, or is it just the 305? At any rate, that GT350 in no way "destroyed" that Camaro.

305 was a boat anchor. The 4.8 in NA form is also, but it does respond well to boost.

smitty2919

Established Member
If anything, I say credit goes to the Camaro...I can't afford a GT350 so if I built that Camaro and it "hung with " the 350 I'd be happy. lol

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I'm a GT350 fan boy but I'll have to give credit where its due. Camaro did well and for way less money.

KillerKlown

Established Member
What do you guys consider a destruction race? I don't know anything about LS engines but I thought they were fast? All I see is a boosted car vs an NA car getting walked. If the Shelby was boosted the race would be a joke. I think the Camaro got what he deserved. Bet he thought it was going to be an easy race. Would love to see his expression when he saw GT350 taillights. :bowdown:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
^^^Camaro probably has $2000 into the engine with the cost of the engine included, what do you expect for a $2000 engine making probably around 380whp? The camaro actually did good for a junkyard motor with a eBay turbo kit on it.

Zemedici

Established Member
What do you guys consider a destruction race? I don't know anything about LS engines but I thought they were fast? All I see is a boosted car vs an NA car getting walked. If the Shelby was boosted the race would be a joke. I think the Camaro got what he deserved. Bet he thought it was going to be an easy race. Would love to see his expression when he saw GT350 taillights. :bowdown:

Dude either you've been out of the game for a while, or 'walked' out in texas means something different than out here in Atlanta.

This is 'walked'

[YOUTUBE_BROWSER]Ad-pIqxoCLQ[/YOUTUBE_BROWSER]

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
This is one of those situations where the cup if half full or half empty. The camaro held its own, and GT350 did well for what its intended for. What's concerning is that most people forget how fast the older gen muscle cars are when they have power. We are spoiled these days with 500, 600, and 700hp cars coming out from factory yet weighing almost two tons. I give respect where its due. Good drivers race.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

The Term "LS-engine" is about as specific as "Ford V8". Chevy engines at that level break down into "Small Block Chevy", "Big Block Chevy" and "LS-Engines".

This particular 4.8l is the NPI 4.6 of the GM world. It first appeared in 1999 and made 270hp. It's the base engine for a Silverado.

Not bad considering it's smaller, lighter and more efficient then a 2V 4.6.

The 4.8 and 5.3 take to boost very well because of the strong factory rods and cranks. Guys can make 600whp with proper supporting mods and tuning.

You can pick these up at LKQ for $190.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

The Camaro got what he deserved? How so? Why do you believe he "got what he deserved"? Could have been nothing more than a friendly race between two drivers who love what they're driving but respect what others are driving. What I saw was a GT-350 winning what was a pretty close race. What I DIDN'T see was the GT-350 "walking" the Camaro. As many have already said, the old Camaro held it's own. By the way, I love GT-350s.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member

You say you see a boosted motor vs Na but it's way more than that. The 4.8 Na struggled to make 300 HP... So without being boosted you can't compare it to a gt350. So arguing that a boosted car should be faster isn't an accurate argument either. My ST is turbo, so because it's boosted it should be faster than an Na gt350 too huh?

I don't see anyone getting destroyed, neither does anyone else. But I do see a very expensive car barely pulling on a car with a $900 motor and a $1500 turbo on it. Ls motors are great motors but not fast just because they are an LS. I have an LS 6.0 going in my obs c1500 sbsc. It'll have heads/cam/tune on it within a year and if life is good a built bottom end and a turbo on it in a couple years. Got a buddy has one as well with a big nasty turbo. Makes 740 ft lbs and 650hp all day long in a 91 Chevy pickup truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDsfastGN

Established Member
9 psi is just getting started and that car probably isn't even making 500 rwhp. Turn it up to 15-16 with a proper tune and low 600s is what it should be making.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
OP…..
plz-stop-post.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread