Shelby GT350 Destroys Boosted Camaro

KillerKlown

Established Member
These machines are amazing. Look at how easily the GT350 walks the boosted Camaro. Better luck next time kid.

[video=youtube;AYAwp6M6jyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYAwp6M6jyI[/video]

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Its a 4.8 with a 'middle of the road' turbo kit :shrug: not exactly something to be impressed by...

Zemedici

Established Member
Walked him pretty hard for an NA car vs a Boosted Car. IMO

come on with that....its an old clapped out F body with a 'meh' turbo kit on it.

versus a brand new GT350.

I've got an 03 cobra that'll WALK that GT350 hard. Not an apples to apples comparison. Its two random ass cars that arent even in the same category, any which way you cut it :lol:

But good video, i guess....

Do you own the GT350?? Seems that way.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Interesting race I guess. Who decides to use a 4.8 when the 5.3 or 5.7 probably do not cost that much more? Gonna assume they just had that engine laying around and just said what the hell, throw it in there.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Interesting race I guess. Who decides to use a 4.8 when the 5.3 or 5.7 probably do not cost that much more? Gonna assume they just had that engine laying around and just said what the hell, throw it in there.

That's what I'm thinking. Guy here at work pulled a 4.8 out of his truck and installed a built 5.7. So that 4.8 is just laying around.

Did you post the right video up? Still waiting to see the video of a GT350 destroying or walking a boosted camaro period, let alone hard.

Destroyed. Definition. Pulling another car by 3 inches.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
the internet always tells me a junkyard truck engine with an ebay turbo = a low 11 / high 10 second car automatically.

Hot Rod Magazine and Car Craft agree though...

From some of the things I've read, there is no significant difference in boosted power between a 5.3 and 4.8. Lots of guys accidentally end up with 4.8s when pulling or buying off Craigslist.

As for the video, the $6k Junkyard Camaro held its own against the $60k Super Fancy Mustang.

S. Creit

Established Member
come on with that....its an old clapped out F body with a 'meh' turbo kit on it.

versus a brand new GT350.

Not an apples to apples comparison. Its two random ass cars that arent even in the same category, any which way you cut it :lol:

What he said.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
More impressed with the old school Camaro keepin up with the $60k brand new Shelby!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can remember when a H/C F-body making around 425whp was just bad ass... I go put ethanol tune and intake on my mustang, and now it's not quite as bad ass. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread