semi finished product....

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Just got my car back from the shop from the engine build an install. Car is finally running like a champ...

Here is a few pics of the engine for those that wanted to see. Still a tad dirty and still need to install the strut tower bar.

Sorry bout the pic size uploading from my phone...

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Not on this set up, upper pulley only about three years ago was 12.6 @114. DA was about 6200-6300 ft. Still need to break in the new engine.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Wow, looks amazing! I love the Wrinkle Black! It only change I would make is have the air tube be red to match the valve covers. But that's just nit picking. Looks great!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Thanks...yeah the jlt red carbon fiber still has not grown on me I may sell it and put the stock tube back on. May be trade for a black carbon fiber one. We'll see how it looks when I add the heat shield.

Going with a MM strut tower bar for the TS cause eventually I am going to slap one on.

Need to put some miles on her and put her back on the rollers....

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Yeah I hope the torque stays relatively close. I switched to a 4lb lower so I will loose a couple of psi of boost. I did up the compression to 9.2:1. Car still feels pretty strong (stronger today then yesterday). Hoping that swaping to a smaller lower won't kill the Eaton up top like the 6lb did.

cobracide

Established Member
Thanks...yeah the jlt red carbon fiber still has not grown on me I may sell it and put the stock tube back on. May be trade for a black carbon fiber one. We'll see how it looks when I add the heat shield.

Going with a MM strut tower bar for the TS cause eventually I am going to slap one on.

Need to put some miles on her and put her back on the rollers....

MM TS brace good choice, I don't think an Eaton size brace will fit over a JLT intake.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Yeah I plan on upgrading SC maybe this winter if everything goes as plan, FTBR bushing kit hopefully this summer. Dropping it back off at the shop next week to put the Strut tower bar on and depending on how many miles I have on the new engine...dyno it.

I get pretty impatient so I'll want the fine tuning done soon...

mrose75

Established Member
Looking good, man!! Not looking forward to pulling everything off and trying to fit it all together again. It'll be a big deal for me.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Looking good, man!! Not looking forward to pulling everything off and trying to fit it all together again. It'll be a big deal for me.

Yeah I hear ya....I was lucky enough to drop a valve seat so all my stuff was out ha ha. I pulled all the stuff off while it was in the car before and it is not as fun as putting it back together. I still forgot to coat a couple of parts but they are not visible...

Users who are viewing this thread