Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Do it! I am going TS in the near future as well, but there are tons of people that can benefit fron the self porting pioneers such as yourself.

RussZTT

Established Member
My blower is off the car and I'll start on it this week for my finished port on it. I'm going big or scrapping this thing:rockon:! Hope to have it done within the next 3 weeks. I can honestly say as of right now "all:dw:" of you are going to crap when it's finished. Cocky? No, but I can guarantee it's going to look good:rockon:! I take pride in my work and like I said it's going to look the best I can get it to. I'm anxious to get started again and ready to do some cutting. Oh and this one is another tester that someone is going to use!;-)

You all want to see what a high dollar Eaton looks like? Stay tuned then.:lol:

Posi:-D
Awesome! Can't wait to see :rockon:

RussZTT

Established Member
Soon as I install the new turbos on my 300zx twin turbo. I'm going to pull the Eaton off my Cobra and get started on it myself. I need to purchase some new porting tools.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey Posi,

How much have you taken off the lower by the injector bosses? I was looking at mine yesterday and it looks like I could take off a crap load in that area. It looks like that might be a big restriction problem in there.

I don't think im going to have time to port my eaton now though until after I get tuned on the 1st.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you all the pic's I have of the lower intake that's on my car.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
New pic's tomorrow. I did a lot of cutting today. Actually to much in one spot:bash:(wasn't supposed to be a hole there:lol:). Off to the welder but hopefully back tomorrow also. A little bit more cutting after that and it's finished!:-D

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Okay here are the new pic's before the weld. I have a little more polishing in the back of the inlet and maybe some more inlet to tb plenum work. That's about it though. I got the idea for this a while ago but confirmed it when I saw a Whipple. I think it's actually turning out better that I thought it would. Oh and the "oops" will get welded and fixed. I got a little to happy in that area:lol1:.

raceport010.gif

raceport011.gif

raceport012.jpg

raceport013.jpg

raceport019.jpg

raceport020.jpg

raceport018.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I got to thinking about your port Vulture. All I know for 100% is that I'm not going to mess with two areas.

1. The boring size(inner diameter) the full length of the Rotors in the housing. I guarantee the tolerance at the factory on the Bore diameters is +/- .001".

2. The boring depth of the Rotors when it's assembled.

To me those are by far the two most critical dimensions on the Eaton! I hope you prove me wrong though.

RussZTT

Established Member
I got to thinking about your port Vulture. All I know for 100% is that I'm not going to mess with two areas.

1. The boring size(inner diameter) the full length of the Rotors in the housing. I guarantee the tolerance at the factory on the Bore diameters is +/- .001".

2. The boring depth of the Rotors when it's assembled.

To me those are by far the two most critical dimensions on the Eaton! I hope you prove me wrong though.
I agree, looks great though!

RussZTT

Established Member
So what is the purpose of sealing the bypass valve (if thats what its called) or keeping it open? What is the difference?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
So what is the purpose of sealing the bypass valve (if thats what its called) or keeping it open? What is the difference?

"Nobody" has sealed it yet. I don't think that would be to good of an idea.

RussZTT

Established Member
"Nobody" has sealed it yet. I don't think that would be to good of an idea.
Well maybe not "sealed" but its covered up pretty good :shrug:

Also, what hand porting tools are you using? Been doing some searching online for some but there are all kinds.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You can do 99% of it with that. The plates I just made were cut in a bandsaw.

Oh and the Aluminum plates are actually Skid Plate for a trailer turned upside down.:lol:

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member

within theory of keeping the accuator open it would have no boost loss... so it would be like revving up and hold 14 psi all the time but remember it would heat up 10x as fast cuz its over working itself

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Well maybe not "sealed" but its covered up pretty good :shrug:

Also, what hand porting tools are you using? Been doing some searching online for some but there are all kinds.

You dont want to be sealing they bypass or covering it up. The car would be making boost all the time.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
for a few runs at the track i cant see it hurting but all the time yes it will

At the drag stip you are going WOT, and it is sealed off anyway. On the roadcourse you need to modulate the throttle. I can't think of a situation where a sealed bypass would be a benefit - ever.

Users who are viewing this thread