Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
is the flapper for scuffing or for sanding cuz when i ported the blower i went in with a carbite bit and went ot town on that whore :lol1:

Use the flapper for the finishing touch. After the carbide cutter to take out the cutter marks.

Posi how many flappers did you use for the whole job?

Probably about 7 total. But I was using that Electric grinder in the first post. Even with a 120 grit flapper that thing will throw aluminum like a damn cutter. It's that strong.:lol:

RussZTT

Established Member
I noticed that you didn't take out as much as Steigmeire does, how come?

I'm going to get me another Eaton to do this :rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I noticed that you didn't take out as much as Steigmeire does, how come?:

Where are you talking about. Without knowing I'm going to say because I'm not going to copy him. Or I'm still in the process of learning.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
RussZTT I'm walking mine in without trying to mess up the blower. I'll be taking more out with mine probably but like I've said so far I'm really not trying to do anything while I'm learning that will scrap a blower. That's why I'm going in the stages that I am.

posi

Please don't post any of the blowers that have been ported professionally in here. That will lead in this thread getting closed.:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My blower is off the car and I'll start on it this week for my finished port on it. I'm going big or scrapping this thing:rockon:! Hope to have it done within the next 3 weeks. I can honestly say as of right now "all:dw:" of you are going to crap when it's finished. Cocky? No, but I can guarantee it's going to look good:rockon:! I take pride in my work and like I said it's going to look the best I can get it to. I'm anxious to get started again and ready to do some cutting. Oh and this one is another tester that someone is going to use!;-)

You all want to see what a high dollar Eaton looks like? Stay tuned then.:lol:

Posi:-D

Last edited:

Iron Fist

Established Member
Hey Posi just be careful you don't go too big to affect the seal time (inlet to outlet) of the rotor. Looking forward to the results.

I will be doing mine on a CNC mill once I'm satisfied with the design, still looking into flow analysis simulation.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey Posi just be careful you don't go too big to affect the seal time (inlet to outlet) of the rotor. Looking forward to the results.

What do you mean by this?

I will be doing mine on a CNC mill once I'm satisfied with the design, still looking into flow analysis simulation.

My flow analysis is going to be a dyno and the race track.

Iron Fist

Established Member
This is exaggerated, but you can see on the rotor on the right that there is no seal and that higher manifold pressure can escape through the rotor and into the plenum.
overport2.jpg

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I understand now but that's why I would only like to run a 2.93/4lb combo first. Then see if the blower/car can handle more. By watching the IAT's right? I'm sure the heads can handle pretty much whatever the Eaton can throw at them. Being as they can handle 650 to 700hp in other applications with the stock cam's.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Alright it's been a while and I actually thought about not doing this. I'm getting a little tired of the Eaton's quite personally:lol:. But I try to finish what I start no matter what. I don't know if I'll go as far as I want but I'm giving it one more try. Here's what I did earlier and some pic's of what I would like to do. I just don't know if I want to spend the money to have that plate welded in. Where the cardboard is I'm going to make it where the blower is sealed from that section completely. I think it's quite useless and interrupts airflow. That's why there's the cardboard there and the blow off valve is still working as usual. I'll just have to make a extension out of aluminum in the lathe for the valve. Oh and took out the bosses for the intercooler bolts. Also radius'd where the large opening is on the sides.

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Awesome work Posi. No wonder your less enthralled with the Eaton now that you're a new KB owner!! :lol::banana::beer::rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I sold my other Whipple today too!:banana: I'm honestly going to try and finish what I started.

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Hey Posi,

How much have you taken off the lower by the injector bosses? I was looking at mine yesterday and it looks like I could take off a crap load in that area. It looks like that might be a big restriction problem in there.

I don't think im going to have time to port my eaton now though until after I get tuned on the 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread