Seatbelts..

Oxford

Established Member
I cant stand these ****ing seatbelts. Maybe its just me but I just spent like 10 minutes sitting in my car to come home just trying to underp my belt. it just folds on the pillar mount almost every time I pull it far enough to actually click around myself. Then I gotta do this back and forth for like 4 minutes I probably look like a lunatic lol.

Anyone else notice this? and is there a remedy? I prefer to wear mine.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What I did was maybe not the best..however there is a roll over lock added ..

on mine I found taking them off, belt worked fine again..

of course if I roll it I might not be as protected from belt if it didnt lock on its own

search our site..I posted thread with pics...

...........seat belts dont retract......

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Same problem, and my pre tensioner is acting up so my belt just flaps around like a wet noodle

Woody6799

Established Member
I thought I was the only one... Figure I was going to replace them with some low mileage ones??

T0RCH3D

Established Member
You can try mine Sean, they do the same shit. Maybe not to the same degree but the belt gets folded up all the time. It's a design flaw for sure from Ford.

akeohan

Established Member
My belt is never comfortable on my neck area and shoulder, always digs in. I also hate the twist in in and need to take it out. Why does it come that way from the factory, it’s dumb.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
my 03 coupe has this problem, but my 04 vert never had the problem (even when it was new).

it seems to be getting better overt time and they seem to be loosening up and retracting better as I rack up the mileage on the coupe

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Mine totally sucks. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Mine fold up and twist in the upper loop and get stuck and jammed. I often have to get out the car and get back there and wrestle the heck out of it to unfold, untwist and get it moving. Then even when it's moving mine won't retract unless you slowly hand feed it back. So basically when I get somewhere open the door and my seat belt just flops out the door dangling like a piece of string. I have to bunch it up and tuck behind the driver's seat so I can close the door lol. Terrible.
I've been meaning to look into some sort of repair/replacement as it's no good.

Zemedici

Established Member
Mine totally sucks. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Mine fold up and twist in the upper loop and get stuck and jammed. I often have to get out the car and get back there and wrestle the heck out of it to unfold, untwist and get it moving. Then even when it's moving mine won't retract unless you slowly hand feed it back. So basically when I get somewhere open the door and my seat belt just flops out the door dangling like a piece of string. I have to bunch it up and tuck behind the driver's seat so I can close the door lol. Terrible.

:lol::lol::lol:

I've been searching too, and apparently the replacements through ford (I do parts, so I get them at c+10) are no better. And to get harnesses you have to run a sort of cage, and bump all that for a daily driver.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No shit, same as mine. Come rolling in somewhere with a super clean sharp car and you have to fight to get out and the suckers are laying against the rocker on the ground.
I really need to look at them, but never think about it till I drive the car.

Oxford

Established Member

EXACTLY! that loop is either too far back or it has too much space so its letting it fold. I've been trying to think of something the past few days. No realistic ideas yet.

It really takes the wind out of my sails sometimes haha.

Last edited:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
TSB is all you're gonna get.

All it is, is fuzz on the belt slowing the pass through the B pillar mount. These cars are getting age on them now and this is considered normal wear and tear.

Ford's not about to do anything about something minor like this on a 10+ year old car for free, much less issue a recall. GM let people die due to defective product and still did not issue recalls.

...and that's just "the way it is".

hotcobra03

Established Member
TSB is all you're gonna get.

All it is, is fuzz on the belt slowing the pass through the B pillar mount. These cars are getting age on them now and this is considered normal wear and tear.

Ford's not about to do anything about something minor like this on a 10+ year old car for free, much less issue a recall. GM let people die due to defective product and still did not issue recalls.

...and that's just "the way it is".[/QUOTE

no way is it fuzz...open the link I added..it has pics of belt twisted and roll over switches. .

I got my panel off now chashing a short in amp..there was a connector behind it for harness to subs..

with cover off you can hold roll over lock and will see belt moves no problem. .

roll over switch is like a tilt sensor on pinball machine..any change in body is enough to lock it..

Users who are viewing this thread