Science on Creating Living Matter from Nonliving Matter!

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Third Honk said:
...I hope that we can have a reasonable discussion...

A what!?

:)

Third Honk said:
Something doesn't come from nothing, how did the universe come to be, where did the materials that the planets are made from come from? As far as the big bang if a cosmic vaccum caused the big bang than what caused the cosmic vaccum?

This is definitely one of the big questions. Physicist Victor J. Stenger has claimed that science has finally solved this conundrum. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with all the details of his claim. I listened to Stenger talk once, and what I understood is that we have evidence that suggests the sum total of energy in our universe is precisely zero. So with the net energy of the universe being zero—or existing in positive and negative parts that add up to exactly nothing—we need only, according to Stenger, posit the existence of quantum fluctuations for a universe to begin. Though the question now becomes what created these quantum fluctuations (which is arguably a less difficult question than what created the universe), Stenger has described the creation event as essentially nothing coming from nothing rather than something coming from nothing.

Third Honk said:
The Universe is very complex and works in unison.

I very much endorse Richard Dawkins' commentary on this topic, not because I am a godless heathen, but because his points are simple, sensible, and contagious. He argues that a supernatural entity (say God in the theist sense) capable of creating a universe this complex and simultaneously observing every action and thought performed by every created being in addition to intervening as seen fit must itself be more complex than its creation. So our postulating a super-intelligent agent to explain the complexity of life and the universe is essentially postulating something even more complex which demands an even greater explanation. And then of course, the mother and father of all explanatory cop outs occurs when we decree God outside of space and time by sheer fiat to avoid explaining His creation event.

This is intellectual treason!

Third Honk said:
Newtons law of equal and opposite reactions, we know nothing will move unless someone or something moves it, the universe is in motion so it begs the question of who or what started it? This is where I think religious individuals could say God left imprints to prove his existance, but problems arrise from this theory that I'll explain at the end.

I like to think the First Cause concept ties into the information I provided about Victor J. Stenger and the zero-sum concept of the universe.

Third Honk said:
Although some might, I can't grasp infiniti. To me, and I would have to assume others, the idea of a beggining and end exists in most people. Why do we search for the beggining or have a need to explain why we exist? Why are people going to argue so passionatly in this thread? If we are only programmed to get ahead and survive because there is no reason for our existance why is this imprinted so heavily in us? Why do we seek this out when it has no relevance to basic survival?

I think the ontological argument is a confusing word game. According to Dawkins, it was first proposed by Saint Anselm of Canterbury in 1078 and has since been restated in different forms by numerous philosophers. Although this is not exactly what the ontological argument claims, I do not care for the notion that because I can conceive of something, it must therefore exist in the real world.

For now, I'll have to stop here.

:beer:

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
this is hillarious.... some of you people actually believe that a supernatural power on a different plane of existance created everything.... if that is true, then who created God?

Since we live in a universe of cause and effect, we naturally assume that this is the only way in which any kind of existence can function. However, the premise is false. Without the dimension of time, there is no cause and effect, and all things that could exist in such a realm would have no need of being caused, but would have always existed. Therefore, God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason - so that cause and effect would exist for us. However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence.

grow the fu** up and realize that the fairy tales you read in the bible were just written (and edited about 10,000 times) to control the general population and get them to do whatever the person who wrote them to do.

If this were the case, then how did over 40 different authors, ranging from kings all the way to farmers, living in different time periods and different regions write a book that flows together? And if you do some research, you will see several references of something quoted in the Old Testament actually refers to something quoted in the New Testament. Coincidence?

The Bible was never created to control people. It was created to teach people.

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
- 2 Timothy 3:16,17

MAN CREATED GOD, not the other way around. pretty sad that your life is so empty that you need to fill it with an imaginary friend that governs your whole life and controls what you do...

I find that it's a lot easier for someone to do more bashing and rejecting of the Bible and creating accusations where they have no evidence instead of reaching out to people and researching to find answers with actual substance.

Imaginary would be the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy. Christ isn't imaginary. Imaginary, since not real can not govern your life or control it. Thats actually you controlling it but acting as if someone else was in the driver seat governing it. As far as controlling what we do, we make those decisions ourselves.

I am in no way trying to stir up any controversy, just merely stating what I know. I myself as a Christian even have times where I second guess things. But thats just human nature.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
Since we live in a universe of cause and effect, we naturally assume that this is the only way in which any kind of existence can function. However, the premise is false. Without the dimension of time, there is no cause and effect, and all things that could exist in such a realm would have no need of being caused, but would have always existed. Therefore, God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason - so that cause and effect would exist for us. However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence.

If this were the case, then how did over 40 different authors, ranging from kings all the way to farmers, living in different time periods and different regions write a book that flows together? And if you do some research, you will see several references of something quoted in the Old Testament actually refers to something quoted in the New Testament. Coincidence?

The Bible was never created to control people. It was created to teach people.

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
- 2 Timothy 3:16,17

I find that it's a lot easier for someone to do more bashing and rejecting of the Bible and creating accusations where they have no evidence instead of reaching out to people and researching to find answers with actual substance.

Imaginary would be the easter bunny, or the tooth fairy. Christ isn't imaginary. Imaginary, since not real can not govern your life or control it. Thats actually you controlling it but acting as if someone else was in the driver seat governing it. As far as controlling what we do, we make those decisions ourselves.

I am in no way trying to stir up any controversy, just merely stating what I know. I myself as a Christian even have times where I second guess things. But thats just human nature.

Do some research about Christianity and Vatican I and Vatican II.... hell even the popes that were elected through the middle ages were voted on because of political reasons, and during this time they changed the stories in the bible to fit their liking...

just because some people wrote some stuff about "Gods son" in a book doesnt mean he was actually Gods son... it means he was mentaly insaine, but a good public speaker that managed to convince many people he actually was the son of God. people were idiots back then though... most of them couldnt even read or write... of corse they could be easily convinced by a con artist that he was the son of God.

what is more likely, Jesus was a bastard child because Mary and Joseph didnt have sex, or an angel came in the window and told mary that she was pregnant without ever having sex.... Get Real!

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
this is hillarious.... some of you people actually believe that a supernatural power on a different plane of existance created everything.... if that is true, then who created God?

grow the fu** up and realize that the fairy tales you read in the bible were just written (and edited about 10,000 times) to control the general population and get them to do whatever the person who wrote them to do. . MAN CREATED GOD, not the other way around. pretty sad that your life is so empty that you need to fill it with an imaginary friend that governs your whole life and controls what you do...

That isn't a question. You can't ask that. In other words, he exist outside of time. It says in the bible God is eternal, which has never been created. He exist outside of time, or within multiple dimensions of time. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.7 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific).

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/who_created_god.html

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
I was saved, i felt Jesus come into my heart and it was the best feeling you could ever have...How could I deny Jesus Christ after I felt that? Honestly, Yes, the most logical answer is that there is no God, but how could one deny the fact after he has felt him in his heart?

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
I was saved, i felt Jesus come into my heart and it was the best feeling you could ever have...How could I deny Jesus Christ after I felt that? Honestly, Yes, the most logical answer is that there is no God, but how could one deny the fact after he has felt him in his heart?

what you felt was your brain relasing seratonin, basically like talking MDMA, or X... trust me, it wasnt Jesus

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
what you felt was your brain relasing seratonin, basically like talking MDMA, or X... trust me, it wasnt Jesus

Yes, serotonin is released in a lot of activities inside the body. Doesn't change the fact he still felt something. The cause of those chemicals being released in the body is what you should look in to. And you have no solid proof of what caused it, Jesus or not.

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
this has already been done DECADES ago by michael cross,WITH MORE CONCRETE RESULTS THAN A FEW CELLS OR WHATEVER.

http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm

looked at the article again and saw that the experiment was done in M-FING 1837 OR 171 YEARS AGO.

the article also states that michael ferriday also replicated the same creatures!

Last edited:

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
Yes, serotonin is released in a lot of activities inside the body. Doesn't change the fact he still felt something. The cause of those chemicals being released in the body is what you should look in to. And you have no solid proof of what caused it, Jesus or not.

yea you are probally right, a character from a book came to life spiritually and squeezed a few chemicals out of his glands so he would believe in him... im gonna go with option b, his body did it by itself

forged5.4dohc

Established Member

The Sync

VTAK!
Established Member
yea you are probally right, a character from a book came to life spiritually and squeezed a few chemicals out of his glands so he would believe in him... im gonna go with option b, his body did it by itself

Who said anything about squeezing a few chemicals out of him to believe? He said he was already saved, hence he already believed and then the feelings came over him. And this is just arguing semantics. Whatever you want to believe it was, he felt something, chemically or not.

347zz5.0

Established Member
This thread hit a brick wall when someone mentioned Kent Hovind as a creditable source of information.

That's like suggesting Hitler would make a good community organizer.

Hovind is a bat shit crazy young earth creationist nut who is in jail for fraud. What a joke that people would still drop his name in 2008.

It's so embarrassing. In England they are about to turn on the LHC in attempt to better understand the Cosmos and over here we have adults talking about talking snakes, top down magic creation, and a 4000 year old earth.

Last edited:

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member

Hmmmm...I've done ex probably a 1,000 times. I have a couple holes in my brain i'm guessing. Lost 30 lbs in 2 months and i now have crohn's disease. I don't know if that is a result of the x but i do know i've done my fair share. I'm not bragging but i know the feeling of X and the sweating, hallucinating, blah blah blah. Let me tell you that X is not the feeling that Jesus gave me. But i'll take into consideration that is was seratonin releasing.

What gave me the worst feeling in the world, what was in my heart that felt so bad, that i knew i had to be saved? Nothing like that feeling will ever be released into your body because it is the worst feeling of your life. Ask anyone who is saved on this forum and they will know the conviction i am talking about.

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
That isn't a question. You can't ask that. In other words, he exist outside of time. It says in the bible God is eternal, which has never been created. He exist outside of time, or within multiple dimensions of time. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.7 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific).

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/who_created_god.html

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Trust me, it was Jesus. Now this is the next thing your going to say. If you did Ex your not a true Christian and christians don't do that. When me and my ex broke up i had a "friend". He said, just pop this and all your worries will go away. I got hooked and right before i quit i would have to pop 3 or 4 pills just to feel it. Granted they weren't pure MDMA but i did. I've done Ex so much that now i can't get excited. Cocaine also hit me like a brick, but now i've overcome those addictions with gods help, and without him i'd be dead or in a mental hospital. Everytime i think about jesus and heaven i get cold chills running down my back. Is that seratonin? As i understand after a year of taking ex every day or every other day, i should have no seratonin left, as MDMA realeases all of it into your body, leaving you with none. Or is it Jesus telling me everything will be okay? You may call me stupid, you may call me gullible. I don't bash you for science, because like i said, i love science and i love medicine. I put the two together. I'm not bashing anyone who don't believe in Jesus, just trying to spread the word. I'm not ashamed of Jesus Christ, just as you aren't ashamed of science.

Users who are viewing this thread