Science on Creating Living Matter from Nonliving Matter!

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
exactly, because creating a "living" thing from a nonliving thing in an EXTREMELY controlled environment that has been tested and retested and retested * infinity compares soo well to the complexity and INSANELY EXTREME large variety of living organisms on this planet :rollseyes

funny how people that don't belive think just because there is science there can also be nothing supernatural, yet believers don't say "There is a God, therefore there can be NO science, science is all fake!" I believe in God, and I believe in science, but just because a scientist can create something "living" does not dispute the idea of a God, or anything supernatural for that matter. why can't both these things exist?

no- saying something is from God just means that we havent figured out how it actually happened yet.... also your INSANELY EXTREME variety of organisims took about 4 billion years to evolve into what they are today, so i guess we didnt all come from adam and eve after all huh?

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
well they fire the sum-bitch up and I'm still here!
I officially couldn't give 10 tits for tots at this point.
As for the thread, I'm happy to see science pwning
religion in the arse with only sand paper as lubricant...
Where is your god now?
Grrrrr.gif

:lol:

03DOHC

Established Member
Well, "they say" that if it creates a black hole it will take around four years before we actually see it. Seems like a while, but on a cosmic scale that's pretty quick.
Please, the anti-technology people said the g-forces from a train would rip the human body to pieces, LOL. Some people are so stupid it has to hurt to be them.

408-COUPE

Established Member
If this work is legit and repeatable, then we will have discovered the first natural process by which a self-replicating organism can arise from nonliving matter. Invoking a supernatural cause for the origin of life will no longer be necessary. The only prerequisite for the process of Darwinian evolution is a self-replicating entity. And now we have a natural means by which this can be provided!

so it hasnt happened yet has it?
meaning, your prerequisite hasnt happened yet

Ronias

Established Member
Gods the only thing keeping me in line from pilaging and stealing.... imagine how many others feel this way

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
CFRacer22 said:
...because creating a "living" thing from a nonliving thing in an EXTREMELY controlled environment...

An environment consisting of fatty acids, nucleic acids, and sunlight is hardly an extremely controlled environment let alone an uncommon one.

CFRacer22 said:
...that has been tested and retested and retested...

The peer-review process for this work is not yet underway.

CFRacer22 said:
...compares soo well to the complexity and INSANELY EXTREME large variety of living organisms on this planet

Your comparison is based on confusion. Darwinian evolution is the natural process by which the diversity and complexity of life can be explained. The work of these scientists pertains merely to the origination of a self-replicating entity, having been assembled by natural means. Any such entity could initiate the evolutionary process.

CFRacer22 said:
...funny how people that don't belive think just because there is science there can also be nothing supernatural, yet believers don't say "There is a God, therefore there can be NO science, science is all fake!" I believe in God, and I believe in science, but just because a scientist can create something "living" does not dispute the idea of a God, or anything supernatural for that matter. why can't both these things exist?

Since science does not comment on the supernatural, there is no reason to view its findings as a threat to the existence of a supernatural creator. But—for those that choose not to ignore science—it does force careful consideration and often reconsideration of such a creator's nature and methods. This is just another example of a supernatural explanation being superseded by a natural one. History is filled with them.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
408-COUPE said:
so it hasnt happened yet has it?
meaning, your prerequisite hasnt happened yet

I am not sure if I understand your question, but this might answer it. This experiment has provided a key piece of the puzzle in our quest for natural explanations of life. The process of evolution explains how a self-replicating entity (such as a cell creating a copy of itself) can lead towards an increase in diversity and complexity of life. Until now, we were not aware of a natural process by which a self-replicating entity could originate. So this is what happened. We found one!

SgtGreen

Established Member
no- saying something is from God just means that we havent figured out how it actually happened yet.... also your INSANELY EXTREME variety of organisims took about 4 billion years to evolve into what they are today, so i guess we didnt all come from adam and eve after all huh?

Adam and Eve are just names given to show the difference in a male and female species... it doesn't mean that Adam and Eve from the Bible started ****ing and out popped the world as we know it. Evolution from a male and female species is what really happened, the children stories that we are told ****ed everything up because when we were little our minds could not fathom all the scientific bullshit that we are trying to think of now.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
Adam and Eve are just names given to show the difference in a male and female species... it doesn't mean that Adam and Eve from the Bible started ****ing and out popped the world as we know it. Evolution from a male and female species is what really happened, the children stories that we are told ****ed everything up because when we were little our minds could not fathom all the scientific bullshit that we are trying to think of now.

i think we are saying the same thing here....

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I like how research scientist always announce things before they actually happen "we're on the brink of.... " then 10yrs later you never hear about it again :bored: IMO these things should be not be published until there are verifiable, proven results.

Wake me up when we have a cure for cancer and a solution to the energy crisis :sleeping:

I'm on the brink of being a millionaire,....... one day... maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread