School me on Nitrous V. Centrifugal blower for my setup!

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
My setup is as follows:
360+ cubic inches
12:1 compression
4v race ported gt supercar heads
1500rwhp rotating assembly
Custom cams (bigger than all 4v comps)
Custom intake 7.5" runners
1 3/4-1 7/8 stepped headers 3" collector
3" exhaust no cats
Msd mod 6 for ignition (7.5-8k rpm n/a).
Faceplated/built tko 600
Billet flywheel - centerforce df clutch
Built irs (bushings, solid mounts, adj. Shocks, stage 5 halfs, clutchless diff)
Return fuel system with 2 405lph pumps
E85 ONLY

Looks like I'd need a huge blower to support airflow, what about nitrous?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I'm curious if say I make ~500rwhp n/a.... with this compression and a 150-175 shot am I likely to make 800rwhp on spray for about $1000.00?

dwtjr3

Established Member
If you can (if not I would save up for it IMHO) get the big blower you will have a lot more fun with the car.

Yes nitrous will be fun at first but once you start filling the bottle its not as fun anymore.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I don't understand why you are cheaping out after building a motor like that. Nitrous really isn't the answer for a street car spraying that much. That bottle is going to best the bottoms out of your pockets

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I don't understand why you are cheaping out after building a motor like that. Nitrous really isn't the answer for a street car spraying that much. That bottle is going to best the bottoms out of your pockets

I've got a lot of money into this as of now and I don't see myself stretching another few grand for the blower... yet. Hence I am cheaping out after having put 25k+ into the car already. It was built with the intent of being a n/a beast. I'm just planning ahead for when I get bored.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I dont think I would run a supercharger with that compression ratio. Nitrous LOVES high compression motors.. if you boost, go down to 9.0:1

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I also won't need 30psi to make big power...

That's what he's saying in a nut shell. Like others have said nitrous is great, you can't beat that hard hit but after dropping a grand or more on a good nitrous set up it won't take long to be another 1000 deep in fills. Why not just let it run n/a until you save for a blower? That motor isn't going to be a slouch breathing on its own and that way at least you can enjoy it until the time comes.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
That's what he's saying in a nut shell. Like others have said nitrous is great, you can't beat that hard hit but after dropping a grand or more on a good nitrous set up it won't take long to be another 1000 deep in fills. Why not just let it run n/a until you save for a blower? That motor isn't going to be a slouch breathing on its own and that way at least you can enjoy it until the time comes.

exactly

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member

I agree 100%.

So what everyone thinks is that nitrous for this engine will be a compromise, as it will handle boost/E85 so why not just put a centri on it and max out my rotating assembly down the road when I am bored? :rockon: Right?

Users who are viewing this thread