Scanners

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Anyone else into scanners for local police, fire, rescue and stuff? Just got a Uniden BCD996B2 a week ago. My wife loves this stuff. I’m kind of getting into it also. I have all the local stuff I mentioned above. Still need to add the local airport and Seminole Gulf Rail. I have a temporary antenna up, and will finish my home made pole this weekend. I’ll be using chain link fence posts that I can retract. Should be around 20’ plus all the way up. I think the antenna is a Tram 1410. My oldest is in the FD and I’ve heard him a few times already.
I’ll get pictures when it’s all installed.
Tell me what you have, and any tips are useful.
Thanks

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
One time me and my good buddy who is a state trooper drank beers at his apartment and listened to his radio for like 3 hours haha it was super fun. Heard a chase where the guy wrecked out and the car caught fire. Good times

VegasMichael

Established Member
Damn. Thought this was about the movie.
220px-Scanners_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

I have a receiver that picks up airplane talk. They speak in numbers for the most part. Didn't find it interesting.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Had an old Realistic Pro years ago while living in base housing. Had an external antenna and the whole works. While listening to Police/Fire/Rescue was entertaining at times, the real fun was listening to all the wireless phone conversations going on in the neighborhood. Back then everyone still had a landline and the majority had an 900Mhz cordless connected. So many juicy conversations to listen in on! I knew which wives were cheating on their husbands when they were TDY. Good times!

U.M.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Had an old Realistic Pro years ago while living in base housing. Had an external antenna and the whole works. While listening to Police/Fire/Rescue was entertaining at times, the real fun was listening to all the wireless phone conversations going on in the neighborhood. Back then everyone still had a landline and the majority had an 900Mhz cordless connected. So many juicy conversations to listen in on! I knew which wives were cheating on their husbands when they were TDY. Good times!

U.M.
Yeah, can do that anymore with cell phones.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have 9 consoles, one being 4 feet from my office door, to listen to. No clue how many channels, a buttload. Been listening to radios for 40 years. I do not want to hear it when I leave here.

A few years ago, we encrypted all LE channels except for one, just in case of ???. When the locals found out they filed a complaint with every 3 letter agency that exists, saying we can't do that, they have right to hear us.

They still can't. Lol.

MFE

Established Member
If you want to feel marginally normal, listen to the scanner on Mothers' Day

Users who are viewing this thread