Scammed

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Doubt it. It's a feeless transfer of money. Without fees comes no insurance.

I was just looking to buy a last minute concert ticket a few weeks ago. Craigslist ads were all out of state numbers (which I can argue I still have an out of state numbers), and wanted money sent via Venmo. Search google for "Venmo concert tickets" and you'll see lots of people getting scammed.
I've learned something new.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I've learned something new.

Well I'm no expert and could easily be wrong, but a simple google of "venmo protection" and you get this....

Venmo is designed for payments between friends and people who trust each other. Avoid payments to people you don't know, especially if it involves a sale for goods and services (like event tickets and Craigslist items). ... Venmo does not offer buyer or seller protection.
Security - Venmo

Venmo

...so yeah, paypal via Goods and Services, with the buyer using a credit card as the source of funding. That's the ONLY way I will buy anything.

For the concert ticket, I used ticketmaster's official reselling site and ended up paying like $40 more. Oh well, I'll take that over being scammed.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Doubt it. It's a feeless transfer of money. Without fees comes no insurance.

I was just looking to buy a last minute concert ticket a few weeks ago. Craigslist ads were all out of state numbers (which I can argue I still have an out of state numbers), and wanted money sent via Venmo. Search google for "Venmo concert tickets" and you'll see lots of people getting scammed.
Good info

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
These ****ing scammers are really becoming a nuisance.

hang-em-high-hd-movie-title.jpg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I am hoping that a simple mishap took place, and the exhaust is on its way. The reasons could be numerous, but that is hopeful thinking.

Sadly, this time of year is full of thieves looking for victims.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Never, ever, ever buy anything from an individual if not using the Goods and Services function on PP...you're literally asking to be scammed if you do.
Even when I buy from here if seller doesn't state they will absorb PP seller fees, I always send its via goods and services with 3% added. Whats a few extra bucks worth if it covers my ass and theirs?

sorry to hear you got jacked op. I SMH though every time I see someone in the classifieds with a low post count reply to a F/S ad or post a WTB with their phone number posted in plain view. Makes it too damned easy to get scammed that way.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You should call up your credit card company and dispute the payment. That guy scammed you good and pretended to be someone on SVTP.

Captain Crunch

Established Member
So you were contacted by SVTRedfire?

Like I said, PM me the proof you have.
I just got scammed bad as well. A double whammy. I am in the process of writing a post. They are posing as forum members. They are knowledgeable. Its a thief among us for sure.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I just added this to the market rules thread. It will be added to all copies soon.

This is not a rule, simply advice as scammers have been searching lately.
It is strongly advised to not buy from someone through PM only. If they respond to a WTB add then make them do so publicly.
It is also strongly advised to not post your number in a WTB thread where someone who is not a member can contact you on the side.
You are opening yourself up for scammers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just added this to the market rules thread. It will be added to all copies soon.

This is not a rule, simply advice as scammers have been searching lately.
It is strongly advised to not buy from someone through PM only. If they respond to a WTB add then make them do so publicly.
It is also strongly advised to not post your number in a WTB thread where someone who is not a member can contact you on the side.
You are opening yourself up for scammers.
I’ll add this in the morning to all the sections.

Users who are viewing this thread