Scammed

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Sorry for my miss Communication .

I was inquiring About a borla atak here on the market place and left my number on his post.

And that did not work out , that’s when someone here on the forms contacted me claming to have A cat back.
If it's who yer claiming it is, his name and DOB (if correct) is in his profile. Have you searched the internetz using this info?

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member

I was inquiring About a borla atak here on the market place and left my number on his post.

And that did not work out , that’s when someone here on the forms contacted me claming to have A cat back.
I hate to say it but that exhaust is not for a 03 cobra it has a hump for a straight axle.

Nitroxdude

Established Member
If it's who yer claiming it is, his name and DOB (if correct) is in his profile. Have you searched the internetz using this info?

I don’t want to get anyone mixed up it was not the the person selling the borla atak in the market place section.

That was the post used by the scammer to get my number and randomly text me .

I DO NOT have his actual username here from the svt site .

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don’t want to get anyone mixed up it was not the the person selling the borla atak in the market place section.

That was the post used by the scammer to get my number and randomly text me .

I DO NOT have his actual username here from the svt site .

Keep providing as much info as possible.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
How could I be so stupid..

Scammers are scum dude. Sorry to hear.

Do a reverse search on that number and find out all the info you can. You may have to pay a few bucks for a full report. Number looks like it came from Wichita. Call the Wichita police and file a report. They should have an internet crimes division.

Post all the info you can no matter how insignificant. Do a reverse google image search on those photos. He may be trying this on other forums.

Good luck.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Awful. Payback's a bitch. Might not happen now or even soon, but he'll get his.

Sorry OP.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

To be clear, @SVTRedfire was not the seller. Am I correct?

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nitroxdude

Established Member
Therefore I do not want to make any accusations to svtredfire here on the forum . Just want that to be clear .

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Can you post the entire conversation you had with this person. Even when they stop responding

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
It is a burner #
Its registered to bandwidth.com

Law Enforcement Record Request - Bandwidth
See if they can get you info...

316 is basically the Wichita metro area, popular with spammers since it's the middle of a map and it still has quite a few numbers available as it used to cover the entire lower half of Kansas (620 now) and now its just 1 county and part of 3 others with less than a half million total people.

WPD will do nothing... save your sanity. Stolen cars, property, meh.
I've seen cars recovered after being stolen (on video) by posting on a Facebook page before the WPD even gets someone to work on a report.

If you can get a ip to confirm (local ISP are Cox/Att) I'll be back in town hopefully by this weekend. (Business trip :/)
Give me as many pics as possible... I'll get them on the local forum/Facebook groups see if we can find someone who recognizes him or the exhaust...
Dont know anyone in the local circles with a redfire 03-04... and the name doesn't ring a bell...

Sent from my Note9

Edit
Number is not getting picked up on my local name program on my phone. If it were any major cell provider or subsidiarys number it'll usually pull up.
Looks like a burner...
29c2fb546dde89f28f007bb3b9fa270e.jpg

Last edited:

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Seems like this style of scamming is happening more often here. The guy that bought my turbo kit was contacted by another person claiming to have a kit for sale and it turned out to be a scammer as well. Probably the same person or group of people.

blk02edge

Established Member
That really sucks, lesson learned though only buy from genuine members through PM or paypal goods and services

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i had some stuff listed on CL and some guy from way up in norcal contacted me and asked if i would take a venmo payment and ship the goods. i did some research on venmo and they specifically state that venmo is not for the sale of goods. therefore, they will do nothing to help someone out if scammed on a deal. they will point to their disclaimer. plenty of stories online about people being ripped off with venmo.

even though i would be the person receiving the funds, it just sounded too risky. i wouldnt have done paypal either. not from some random person off the net.

people should never post their phone number publicly on a forum/FB. im amazed when i see people do this. too easy for just anyone to grab it and do stuff like this. make them go through the effort of sending you a PM and if they have no real posting history on here then proceed with extreme caution and ask yourself if the amount of $ involved is worth the risk? luckily you only lost $400 and not $4k. still sucks though and i hope you are able to recover your $.

i would also contact your bank. they may be able to help you. we recently ordered stuff from a company that went under. we had multiple orders in and they were easily 6 months ago. paid with bank debit card. the bank was actually able to get us our money back. i thought it was gone since it was a debit card. granted, i dont know if the bank just ate the loss or actually was able to recover it but they gave us the credit for each and every transaction once they verified the company was no longer in business. so they might be able to help you out. you may need to file a police report to substantiate it.

this scammer may have just grabbed some svtp'ers name and pretended to be him. and even set up a venmo account with that username to support the scam.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Venmo is a part of PayPal, so there should be some form of action to be taken.

Doubt it. It's a feeless transfer of money. Without fees comes no insurance.

I was just looking to buy a last minute concert ticket a few weeks ago. Craigslist ads were all out of state numbers (which I can argue I still have an out of state numbers), and wanted money sent via Venmo. Search google for "Venmo concert tickets" and you'll see lots of people getting scammed.

Users who are viewing this thread