Saving a in ground pool..(buried). Maybe?

Zemedici

Established Member
I'll take this instead of above ground all day.
View attachment 43164

This :beer: hahaha

Had above ground at our last house and will never go back

394693_128096977331219_1314567615_n.jpg

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I could do an exact copy of mine easily,
Pool 2.jpg
pool.jpg
After spray deck,
deck.jpg

Or you can do like I did my brothers and sink the above ground about 1.5 in.
Barts.jpg
bart 2.jpg

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Haven't looked but online. I have to research and find the best for longevity as I will add a deck. Don't wanna be removing deck to fix issues.

I don't fool with a lot of above ground so I was at the mercy of my salesman.
Went with the 24' Evolution Made by Wilbar International. It was a good balance of cost/quality.
I'm sure there are better out there but you will pay for it.

If you can do a lot of it yourself you can put a small inground liner pool for a good price.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
PS- be prepared to get raped in utility bills if you refill your pool in Kali.

Ya we might have to be better about upkeep over winter this time so we don't have to drain it next year. We have mandatory cuts of 32% going into affect Monday. Good thing we just got the pool done lol.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
1. It is inefficient as a hot tub.
2. it requires you to seperate from pool (Stop overflowing) to use as a hot tub.
3. over time and use it can heat the pool to uncomfortable levels.
4. They are not comfortable like a fiberglass tub with molded seats.
5. Extra cost to achieve results that are just totally inefficient. (Easily add 10K to the cost.)
6. kills normal circulation flow in most cases.
I could come up with a few more reasons but that is the just of it.

Basically they are pretty to look at.
If you like a hot tub like I do, I want a dedicated tub with plenty adjustable jets.

On the personal preference side, I don't even like waterfalls and such.
Yes they are pretty to look at but just like hot tubs they can hurt circulation.
This is why people who spend above 50K on pools have to spend extra on in floor cleaning.
My circulation designs work to get things to the skimmer before they fall to the bottom.

IMO a pool should be a pool, keep it simple and keep cost down.
I could go on and on......lol

EDIT: Forgot to mention, just more shit to break.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Dig it out and make it a duck pond. Ducks like ponds. Or Have a concrete dumpster dropped at your house on Friday and have your friends bring their machines over and rip it out before any gubments folks can stop by. Baby-Duck-Swimming.jpg

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
1. It is inefficient as a hot tub.
2. it requires you to seperate from pool (Stop overflowing) to use as a hot tub.
3. over time and use it can heat the pool to uncomfortable levels.
4. They are not comfortable like a fiberglass tub with molded seats.
5. Extra cost to achieve results that are just totally inefficient. (Easily add 10K to the cost.)
6. kills normal circulation flow in most cases.
I could come up with a few more reasons but that is the just of it.

Basically they are pretty to look at.
If you like a hot tub like I do, I want a dedicated tub with plenty adjustable jets.

On the personal preference side, I don't even like waterfalls and such.
Yes they are pretty to look at but just like hot tubs they can hurt circulation.
This is why people who spend above 50K on pools have to spend extra on in floor cleaning.
My circulation designs work to get things to the skimmer before they fall to the bottom.

IMO a pool should be a pool, keep it simple and keep cost down.
I could go on and on......lol

EDIT: Forgot to mention, just more shit to break.

For me, pretty much the only thing I run into is number 4. It's definitely not as comfortable as a fiberglass tub. The rest I don't really (often) run into because I don't use it as a hot tub a whole bunch. If I did, I probably wouldn't have had to ask why because now that you've said it, it seems obvious. I run the spill late afternoon for about an hour just to circulate the water. Other than that it's gas heated if I want to use it as a hot tub. Now that the boy is 10 it's slowing down, but prior it was great in the winter. I could heat just that part up and the boy could swim/splash around. Now that I've had the pool a few years there are a couple things I would change. Deeper, a tanning ledge, and more circulation points in the hot tub part.
Thanks for the reply :beer:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
For me, pretty much the only thing I run into is number 4. It's definitely not as comfortable as a fiberglass tub. The rest I don't really (often) run into because I don't use it as a hot tub a whole bunch. If I did, I probably wouldn't have had to ask why because now that you've said it, it seems obvious. I run the spill late afternoon for about an hour just to circulate the water. Other than that it's gas heated if I want to use it as a hot tub. Now that the boy is 10 it's slowing down, but prior it was great in the winter. I could heat just that part up and the boy could swim/splash around. Now that I've had the pool a few years there are a couple things I would change. Deeper, a tanning ledge, and more circulation points in the hot tub part.
Thanks for the reply :beer:

Hindsight is always 20/20 on a pool project.

Even now if I build one I always think of something I would have changed.
I remodeled ours 4 years ago and there are so many things I would do differently if I could do it again.

I like the deeper comment, maybe because you don't see people building deep pools anymore. I left ours 8ft on the deep end at my wifes insistence. I wanted to raise it.
You see many people making pools a party spot for looks now instead of a play thing for their kids. I tried to do both.
It is like setting up a mustang to Drag race and do road course at the same time, it is difficult to do.

The few I do get involved in now I try to keep as simple as possible. A good friend wanted me to build his and he has plenty money.
Once he started talking islands with fire features in the middle I told him to find someone else. lol

I could make a good living doing only pools but I can't bring myself to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread