Sam Crumpacker shows why auto racing is a real sport!

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
I'm looking to pick up a set of wheels/tires to use for the track since my current setup isn't very desirable for this kind of racing. I'd really like to give the on track events a shot, seems like it's the racing you get the most out of.

...and if there are any beginner events coming up i'd love to make it out to those as well
-Tony

Hey Tony! I'd grab the cheapest 17x9s you can find and a set of Nitto NT-01s, that's what I had on my '03 and they worked great. I'll get your email and throw some starting-up tips your way if you'd like.

TWS has their own performance driving school that's open to everyone, their next event is June 25/26. Porsche Club also has an event June 11/12, but you have to sign up super early to make the cut. I'll be instructing at both events.

There's a track in Angleton called Motorsports Ranch Houston, they have DE weekends as well but I prefer TWS. MSRH is too flat.

God I miss that track.

What are you waiting for... you're < 1hr away. :poke:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
It's a little over an hour. As mentioned in txt's you got me wanting to get the formula track prepped. I miss running out there with you guys. Also need to hit up the go-karts again soon!

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
these look like so much fun! id love to do this!

Hey bro...its Sydewaysix (Ian) from cafords. YOU CAN do this! I had my first trackday last month at Thunderhill and I'm signed up to run at Infineon on May 28th. If you're seriously down to try this out, hit me up and we can go to an event together:beer:

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
As mentioned in txt's you got me wanting to get the formula track prepped. I miss running out there with you guys. Also need to hit up the go-karts again soon!

Hell yeah on all accounts!

Why don't you guys come to Hallett in June!? The saturday night party is always a blast and we can introduce the AI/CMC guys to beer margaritas.

Bring the SS or ride with us... we'll toss the chicks in the back seat. :beer:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Hell yeah on all accounts!

Why don't you guys come to Hallett in June!? The saturday night party is always a blast and we can introduce the AI/CMC guys to beer margaritas.

Bring the SS or ride with us... we'll toss the chicks in the back seat. :beer:

June 11 is the last weekend of Power Tour...We'll be in Detroit :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The vid in the OP reminded me of this Nation Wide Boris Said victory in Montreal, except the one here is inside the car and comes with even more ADRENALIN!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziQ9ja8zbM"]YouTube - 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series at Montreal Photo Finish Boris Said Wins![/nomedia]

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Sam you better be at PCA's HPDE in September! I'm going to need you to be my instructor again!

I LOVE RUNNING WITH THOSE GUYS! They run a very well run event, in fact the best I have ever seen.

Most of them are pretty cool too, none gave me any crap about being a mustang guy, or having to give point bys to a mustang. ;-) :p

Doc.stang

Established Member
nice race and win, (have only seen 1st video, so far)
patience and persistence paid off,
just progressed from TT-a to AI this feb, then threw a rod in march,
car back together and faster than befoer,
itching for next AI race in june at Road Atlanta.
-
funny thing is i grew up in Lake Jackson, essentially RIGHT NEXT to MotorSports Racnh - Houston (albeit long before the track)
-
once the car is sorted out more,
and diesel drops some (if that ever happens)
i may two for a long road trip to texas, and try to incorporate a visit to parens, TWS, and MSR-h, in one fell swoop.

keep on keepin on!!
aces,
doc

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Holy hell.

Much props to that Camaro driver. A lesser driver would have been spooked into a major mistake, I'm sure. That F-Bod looked like it was ready step out every time it went into the steeper corners. I can only imagine the concentration it took to keep that thing nose forward.

And yeah, the Mustang driver has some skills too! ;-)

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
some video from the same races, multiple view points though!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfjAechpwLo"]YouTube - TWS 4-30-11 R3.mp4[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpXCfK032Jw"]YouTube - NASA Tx @ TWS 04 30 11 R4[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rddbH9IGQIA"]YouTube - NASA Texas @ TWS R1 4-29-11.mp4[/nomedia]

once the car is sorted out more,
and diesel drops some (if that ever happens)
i may two for a long road trip to texas, and try to incorporate a visit to parens, TWS, and MSR-h, in one fell swoop.

You've got the right plan! Check out our schedule and plan it around a race weekend... you can come play with the NASA Tx AI guys.

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
Jimmy, that NASCAR finish was pretty sweet!

Heads up to everyone: if you're not following the Australian V8 Supercar races, do it! It's muscle car road racing in Ford & Holden sedans, and those guys are balls to the wall all race, every race. They also have the best coverage of any series out there!!! The camera angles and shots they get are unbelievable.

First link i found on youtube:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEp3janpEU"]YouTube - 2010 V8 Supercars Gold Coast Race2[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread