Sam Crumpacker shows why auto racing is a real sport!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Sam Crumpacker shows why auto racing is a REAL SPORT, and ball games are just... meh... ..games.

Watch full screen with the sound up!:rockon::beer:
Texas World Speedway
NASA CMC2 FTW!!!
Congratulations Sam!!:rockon::beer:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/23200977]TWS Race 3 - 5/1/11 on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Nice vid. Glad he outran the camaro. It got a little close there at times. I couldn't tell if they were rubbin or not?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Wow! That was intense but he was a cool customer. Looked like he kept his cool and allowed the other guy to use up his tires a bit and get around him.

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
Thanks guys! That race was Sunday morning and I've been riding the adrenaline high ever since... and I don't think it'll fade for a while.

That was definitely some close racing but there was no rubbing. The best part is, I had another mustang on my ass the entire race! I normally run a rear view camera on my bumper and I'm kicking myself for not clipping it in for that race.

It's ironic some of you mentioned keeping my cool during that race. I run a home-made cool suit set up in the car but it crapped out about half way through the race... NOOOOOOO! As tradition, the CMC group gives you a surprise water bottle shower after your first win... the cold water dousing couldn't have been better timed.

Here is some more action from the weekend... both of these are inverts (based on finishing order from the previous races):

Race 2: [ame=http://vimeo.com/23200855]TWS Race 2 - 4/30/11 on Vimeo[/ame]

Race 4: [ame=http://vimeo.com/23212594]TWS Race 4 - 5/1/11 on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

19Mystic96

Established Member
Thanks guys! That race was Sunday morning and I've been riding the adrenaline high ever since... and I don't think it'll fade for a while.

That was definitely some close racing but there was no rubbing. The best part is, I had another mustang on my ass the entire race! I normally run a rear view camera on my bumper and I'm kicking myself for not clipping it in for that race.

It's ironic some of you mentioned keeping my cool during that race. I run a home-made cool suit set up in the car but it crapped out about half way through the race... NOOOOOOO! As tradition, the CMC group gives you a surprise water bottle shower after your first win... the cold water dousing couldn't have been better timed.

Here is some more action from the weekend... both of these are inverts (based on finishing order from the previous races):

Race 2: TWS Race 2 - 4/30/11 on Vimeo

Race 4: TWS Race 4 - 5/1/11 on Vimeo

these look like so much fun! id love to do this!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Whats done to your Cobra? Sounds like its N/A.

Hope you post more vids!

Yea it is. They have to be N/A.(I think)

Sam sold his Terminator shortly after we met and ran together at TWS a few years back and started building his CMC car for NASA.

He was fast as hell with just a pullied Cobra and impressed the hell out of me.:rockon:

I think he puked a rad tank that day and I might have loaned him one....hmm fuzzy.. trying.. to remember.

Anyway he has continued to get better and better OBVIOUSLY!

I'll let him tell ya about it, I'm just a fan now.

CMC2 is a KICK ASS CLASS!

Last edited:

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
Yea it is. They have to be N/A.(I think)

Sam sold his Terminator shortly after we met and ran together at TWS a few years back and started building his CMC car for NASA.

He was fast as hell with just a pullied Cobra and impressed the hell out of me.:rockon:

I think he puked a rad tank that day and I might have loaned him one....hmm fuzzy.. trying.. to remember.

I think you did... thanks! :beer:

I was tracking the termi and started in on the track mods (cooling, brakes and suspension mainly)... wasn't even pullied. :bored: It's not really about power out there. It was my daily + track toy, which isn't always a great combo.

I eventually got smart and bought a '93 fox with plans of a purpose built track car and after some time, a CMC racecar. Tracked it for a couple years upgrading as funds allowed then a couple years later, I swapped the Fox's soul into a '94 cobra shell I picked up from a racer in Ohio.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2skfi56iCA"]YouTube - Racecar Build - '94 Cobra for NASA CMC - slideshow + video[/nomedia]

A few months of shakedown and I joined NASA to started my wheel to wheel career. The car is always getting better (again, as funds allow)... but I'm still grassroots compared to most of these fools.

Boring stuff over, here's info in the car:

'94 cobra shell
'93 5.0 motor, GT40 heads, E cam, cobra intake (that's all I can legally do)
260hp/294tq (we're limited to 260/310)
T5 with .83 5th
3.73s
BBK headers / X with race bullets
~3175lbs after race with me in it (minimum is 3150)
275/40/17 shaved Toyo RA1s (spec tire)
cobra brakes w/ PFC 01s & ducting
various other cooling, safety and suspension goodies

Our series is somewhat restrictive, but it keeps the racing close and less expensive (if there is such a thing).

Rules

The group of guys I race with are amazing, everyone is willing to help and loan parts to get you back on track. In Jan, I had to leave a race early to attend a wedding and when I got back on Sunday, some of my competitors had fixed my car so I could race (I broke it on Sat before I left).

Last June I blew up a clutch in OK and they guy that ended the season as National Champ was under my car with me helping repair it.

36395_106187702763501_100001168141923_50602_5965088_n.jpg

I highly encourage you to find some CMC racing near you and hang out with the guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread