Salt Gun

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have one but the flies must be on roids or something here. I shoot them they go tumbling ass over end and then get up and fly away. Is there a special salt other than ordinary table salt like it says to use? I might put some pepper or chili powder in there to make it spicier and they won’t want to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thought you were supposed to use rock salt or something like that

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I just got my first kill today…lol. My wife was complaining about a fly in the house. I first shot it a couple of times, but wasn’t able to kill it. I don’t know if my aim is way off, but I added more salt to it and bang I finally killed it. I think you have to make sure it has enough salt in it. You guys aren’t kidding, this thing is fun to play with.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Ya it’s the new 3.0. You don’t have to turn the safety off after every shot like the old ones. Just pump and shoot.

I also have the 3.0. Just make sure you add enough salt.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have one but the flies must be on roids or something here. I shoot them they go tumbling ass over end and then get up and fly away. Is there a special salt other than ordinary table salt like it says to use? I might put some pepper or chili powder in there to make it spicier and they won’t want to come back.

Just Mortons. It blows wings off and tears them apart. Even a nick makes them go bye, bye.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bought one last year. It works good. I should have saved my money. We don't get enough flies in the house to justify the expense, as little as that is. I did use it when a bunch of moths decided to swarm my garage doors. I bet I killed a couple hundred of them dang things. But that was the only time I really used it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I’ve been using Morton table salt, works great.
Just thinking, I’ve got some silica sand I should try. Might be too fine, idk.
No sand.
I just got my first kill today…lol. My wife was complaining about a fly in the house. I first shot it a couple of times, but wasn’t able to kill it. I don’t know if my aim is way off, but I added more salt to it and bang I finally killed it. I think you have to make sure it has enough salt in it. You guys aren’t kidding, this thing is fun to play with.
Fill it to the top and keep pumping.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Too messy. I use a spray bottle with IPA. Lead them about an inch and they die a quick, mess free death. Once dry, pick them up by a wing or use a vacuum. Works equally well on spiders.

Outdoors I upgraded my electrical system so my big bug zapper is now on a light switch. We don't get a lot of bugs here, but a good zapper is fun for a white trash flare up from time to time.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Too messy. I use a spray bottle with IPA. Lead them about an inch and they die a quick, mess free death. Once dry, pick them up by a wing or use a vacuum. Works equally well on spiders.

Outdoors I upgraded my electrical system so my big bug zapper is now on a light switch. We don't get a lot of bugs here, but a good zapper is fun for a white trash flare up from time to time.

Sounds like a waste of good beer spraying IPA’s

Fat Boss

Established Member
We do have Pine Sawyer Beetles that just might laugh at a salt gun. They're about the size of your thumb. I about shat myself when I learned they could fly when one landed on the back of my hand at night while I was holding a bottle of beer in one hand and my phone in the other.

80-pine_sawyer_beetle_cc8c6cf8e2950e0a3a54541287a73a95f8fb0d84.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We do have Pine Sawyer Beetles that just might laugh at a salt gun. They're about the size of your thumb. I about shat myself when I learned they could fly when one landed on the back of my hand at night while I was holding a bottle of beer in one hand and my phone in the other.
That's like the Palmetto bugs we have.

Users who are viewing this thread