SALEEN needs your munnie

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What is the latest on Steve. Is this him with his name back or they still own it? I lost track of that years ago.

Saleen498

Established Member
99-04 cars look fantastic but the company is a perfect example of cutting corners leads to cutting profits.

I love my saleen but to be honest the build quality and customer service is 2nd to everyone. There is a reason mine (and most others I know) have been torn down to the shell to be rebuilt correctly.

To be fair tho, Shelby sold his first car over and over with different paint. They eventually figured it out. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for Steve. He is a nice guy, so here is hope, but no money, for him.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
99-04 cars look fantastic but the company is a perfect example of cutting corners leads to cutting profits.

I love my saleen but to be honest the build quality and customer service is 2nd to everyone. There is a reason mine (and most others I know) have been torn down to the shell to be rebuilt correctly.

To be fair tho, Shelby sold his first car over and over with different paint. They eventually figured it out. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for Steve. He is a nice guy, so here is hope, but no money, for him.

I had a family member there at HQ building cars for a bit within the last few years. His experience lines up with your comments.

ROUSH and SHELBY (even RTR to a lesser extent) have the same business model, but seem to have found success.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What is the latest on Steve. Is this him with his name back or they still own it? I lost track of that years ago.

I still see him on social media out signing autographs everywhere, so at the very least he is still the 'face' of the company.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I still see him on social media out signing autographs everywhere, so at the very least he is still the 'face' of the company.
Met his daughter at Knotts Berry Annual a million years ago with her pink Saleen. I dug the New Edge but the 197 was a no for me. Friend bought a 75K 05 Saleen with a blower and not even a brake job and I killed him over and over in my stock 04 Cobra. He took it hard but it it's not even comparable. Steve lost his name for a while and started another company and think that is when he went down some foreign road. About that last I had heard about him. I know the fanbase was not thrilled with him. Been so long I don't even know how much of that is 100.

01yellercobra

Established Member
They tried to get a friend of mine to do some chassis engineering for them. They offered to pay him in parts from the bins.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
just doesnt seem to be the same market for that kinda stuff anymore... the performance parts from any of these tuners are the same things we can all buy and install in our garage. The body panels are the only thing that can be unique anymore.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I am unfamiliar with scam retail offerings and had to look up what a "reg CF" offering is.

It is essentially a go fund me.

The broker must be making a KILLING on the commission. I would guess 25%.

Only a schmuck would "invest" in this.

Jordan Belfort came out of retirement???

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
just doesnt seem to be the same market for that kinda stuff anymore... the performance parts from any of these tuners are the same things we can all buy and install in our garage. The body panels are the only thing that can be unique anymore.

Isn't that the truth.

Besides that, factory high performance options have come SO far since the heyday of Roush and Saleen performance Mustangs. Oh and they cost less and come with the benefit of a factory warranty.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Apparently this is what you get for "brakes" when you buy a 775hp Shelby F150. The aftermarket tuners have really lost their touch and Shelby America is one of the worst offender.

Saw this today and had to do a double take on those rear brakes.
Screenshot_20230629_213938_Gallery.jpg
20230629_181459.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently this is what you get for "brakes" when you buy a 775hp Shelby F150. The aftermarket tuners have really lost their touch and Shelby America is one of the worst offender.

Saw this today and had to do a double take on those rear brakes. View attachment 1799455View attachment 1799456
The 07 to 14 GT500 Super Snakes are great and built with good parts. But those early 4 door super snake F150s were kinda cheap. The newer 2 door super snake F150s are badass.
Screenshot_20230629_223603_Chrome.jpg

And they actually have a good brake upgrade
Screenshot_20230629_223623_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread