Sad, Sad Day... CO Vert Down :(

D-MANN

Established Member
Sorry to hear. Glad you are ok. It's very unfortunate this happened. Reason why I stopped riding bikes. Always worried about being rear ended like this. I've been rear ended three times. The soft tissue injury never heals. Always get neck pains front the slightest thing. This always leads to headaches. I basically live off Advil. Car can be replaced and the main thing is you are ok. There isn't a thing you can do but wait for the hit. When I'm in my cobra I avoid rush hour. Avoid the cruise areas where it's bumbler to bumper traffic as much as possible. Paranoid of this happening to my cobra. Far too many don't get the distracted driving law. Some have to learn the hard way. Hope her insurance doubles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That is disgusting....glad you are ok.

When are they going to clamp down on the cell phones? Non stop public awareness ads and penalties on drunk driving, and rightfully so....but little on texting. The manufacturer by law should disable texting function as soon as the cell phone is in motion over say 5mph.....ya, I know....who's to say if you are the driver or a passenger...but regardless, they must do something. I see this crap every day and many times an innocent dies or is severely injured. Penalties need to be maximized.

badmpg03

Established Member
Makes you think this could happen to any of us like that.
Sorry for the loss man. That vehicle looks like a TON of time was put in it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Sorry to hear. Glad you are ok. It's very unfortunate this happened. Reason why I stopped riding bikes. Always worried about being rear ended like this. I've been rear ended three times. The soft tissue injury never heals. Always get neck pains front the slightest thing. This always leads to headaches. I basically live off Advil. Car can be replaced and the main thing is you are ok. There isn't a thing you can do but wait for the hit. When I'm in my cobra I avoid rush hour. Avoid the cruise areas where it's bumbler to bumper traffic as much as possible. Paranoid of this happening to my cobra. Far too many don't get the distracted driving law. Some have to learn the hard way. Hope her insurance doubles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

oh God dont say that! I'm picking up a bike next month ideally ahhahaha

Liquidsnake

Lok'tar Ogar
Established Member
For starters, that sucks a huge one man, I'll burn some rubber for you.

Secondly this just happened to me, so before you jump the gun and say you want to buy it back and part it out...find out the salvage value. I had progressive and they valued my 113k mile Silver Metallic 03 car at 22.6k. the salvage value was $9700. If i did a buy back, they were going to take that value out of the total loss payout, and give me the rest. Now I had some left over financing so some cash also had to goto that. My part out value was around 6k so it would have been a loss. I also had some one-off parts on my car but in the end it just made more sense to let them give me a cash value instead of taking a huge salvage value deduction and selling it for less, which includes the hassle of parting it out.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
For starters, that sucks a huge one man, I'll burn some rubber for you.

Secondly this just happened to me, so before you jump the gun and say you want to buy it back and part it out...find out the salvage value. I had progressive and they valued my 113k mile Silver Metallic 03 car at 22.6k. the salvage value was $9700. If i did a buy back, they were going to take that value out of the total loss payout, and give me the rest. Now I had some left over financing so some cash also had to goto that. My part out value was around 6k so it would have been a loss. I also had some one-off parts on my car but in the end it just made more sense to let them give me a cash value instead of taking a huge salvage value deduction and selling it for less, which includes the hassle of parting it out.
I had an agreed value policy through Grundy worldwide on it so I'm going to be okay there. They valued it at $9k for buy back so I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. Should be able to get close to that for a 19k mile motor, harnesses, and trans I would think. Then the rest is extra. Every piece of the interior is custom. The plastic was even covered in leather with orange stitching.

Sent from my Pixel using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
Damn that sucks. I remember this being one of the nicest cobras I have ever seen at MustangWeek. Glad your ok.

Recon

Established Member
Glad you're ok. Sorry about your car. Such a shame that another one of these icons is lost be cause of some idiot not paying attention.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Most important thing is that your OK. As you know cars can be replaced. (Although this car in CO is not easy to do)
Look on the positive side.....There will always be the next thing. A 13/14 GT500 sounds enticing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
Most important thing is that your OK. As you know cars can be replaced. (Although this car in CO is not easy to do)
Look on the positive side.....There will always be the next thing. A 13/14 GT500 sounds enticing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

and fwiw this car cannot be replaced, if you havent seen it you truly cannot comprehend all of the custom touches.

HOWEVER

I'd rather have a 13-14 GT500 over any cobra! hahahaha go for it OP!

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
and fwiw this car cannot be replaced, if you havent seen it you truly cannot comprehend all of the custom touches.

HOWEVER

I'd rather have a 13-14 GT500 over any cobra! hahahaha go for it OP!
Very true. I'm looking at the built and cammed black 04 Cobra in the market right now though... It would look amazing with this hood and rims... Just waiting on the guy to give me a call.

Sent from my Pixel using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread