RR Pulley = BAD MOJO

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i think i can honestly say ive installed and removed more RR pulleys then anyone other then rick.i have never seen a problem with the pulleys! only the blowers. the castings on the blower snout for one needs updating to allow for a tighter tolerance holding the center line's.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
well heres an update, the 2.8 RR pulley spun like it was on ball bearings after 4500 rpm.

I just got a 2.8 steel steeda pulley, no pulley slip whatsoever, if the RR and Steeda were built to the same spec then you would think they would both work or both not work if the supercharger shaft were incorrect.

I tend to think the variance is in the pulley though and not in the hardened steel shaft coming out of the blower.

Im glad that there are few problems with the RR pulleys, I must have just gotten a dud, oh well, im looking into other alternatives as well, might just try a bunch of different pulleys to see how they fair with my unusual SC shaft.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
might just try a bunch of different pulleys to see how they fair with my unusual SC shaft. [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL:beer: :lol:

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Originally posted by BuffDigits
well heres an update, the 2.8 RR pulley spun like it was on ball bearings after 4500 rpm.

I've often wondered if a spinning pulley would damage the Eaton shaft.

From what you are saying it sounds like it doesn't. I guess the aluminum should gall before the steel does.

Now why did I put antiseize on my RR2.80??:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread