RR Pulley = BAD MOJO

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
I had about a one inch section of the back lip fly off and stick into the under side of my hood...it was a 2.8 RR non-slip....I called Jim at RR and he promptly sent me a new one, he said there were a few "bad batch" pulleys out in the world and he thought he caught all of them. He wanted to pay for the damage to my hood. Lucky it stuck in a section of the hood where is it doubled walled(kinda close to the drivers side), so no big deal.
I now run a steel pulley after all that...

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
WYD_TRKR, whats the difference between your SC pullies, i'm seeing Dial_Ur_Boost Interchangeable Pulley System, Dial_Ur_Boost Non-Slip Individual Pulleys, 8-Rib "Posi-Grip" Non-Slip Press-On Supercharger Pulleys, and a few more.
Could you explain whats the difference in the pullies/pully systems?
Thanks for your time.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by CastIronMan
WYD_TRKR, whats the difference between your SC pullies, i'm seeing Dial_Ur_Boost Interchangeable Pulley System, Dial_Ur_Boost Non-Slip Individual Pulleys, 8-Rib "Posi-Grip" Non-Slip Press-On Supercharger Pulleys, and a few more.
Could you explain whats the difference in the pullies/pully systems?
Thanks for your time.

CastIronMan, depending on an enthusiast needs , we offer not only our DUB Interchangeable Pulley Units, but also a press on steel pulley. Everyone has their own need , as why we specialize in both.

6 years ago I got tired of unpressing factory pulleys and installing aftermarket press ons, as there must be a better way to change pulleys without going through all the hassle to R&R them, so I did Invent the World's First Interchangeable Modular Supercharger Pulleys for the Eaton Superchargers and it is so good, everybody is copying it's Design of a Steel Hub Assembly and an Aluminum Pulley Ring, then of course making their own!!

The differences between the DUB Pulley Unit and the Non-Slip is just the differences in our manufacturing of the pulleys, as one is Non-Slip and one is not. We do not make Aluminum Supercharger Pulleys, only unless they are a Magnusen Keyed Style Type Pulley, that Does Not require it to be pressed onto the Supercharger Snout Shaft.

Hope this helps, as contrary to popular belief and public opinion, SFPH was the very first supercharger pulley company to ever start making smaller supercharger pulleys for all Eaton Supercharger Units, exactly 7 years ago and have been specializing in the manufacturing of them since. :rockon:

Last edited:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I kinda hate this post(lmao) because i just bought this alumium pully but i will listen to what everyone has said and not look back.
I'm placing my order now.....thanks for your time and i hope to see my new pully soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Originally posted by black10th
I had about a one inch section of the back lip fly off and stick into the under side of my hood...it was a 2.8 RR non-slip....I called Jim at RR and he promptly sent me a new one, he said there were a few "bad batch" pulleys out in the world and he thought he caught all of them. He wanted to pay for the damage to my hood. Lucky it stuck in a section of the hood where is it doubled walled(kinda close to the drivers side), so no big deal.
I now run a steel pulley after all that...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
WYD_TRKR, one last question.....
I have a 100mm idler but i want the smallest pully you make(aka 2.80) can i still use the idler or will i need a 90mm?
Also, honestly, which pully do you honestly think i should go with(money isn't a issue) just the ultra grip or the dub setup, i'm ready to order but i want to get it right this time so i don't have to go through this again.....thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
just wanted to comment on the last few posts in this thread.

First south florida pulley headquarters totally rocks, I think ive had the best vendor experience with them (bunch of my new stuff came from them) they were responsive, able to customize what I was ordering (even simple things like gapping my plugs for me before sending them out)

I also got the stuff from them in record time. nice job guys!

now you need to make a bling bling steel 2.8 pulley, I had to resort to a 2.8 steeda pulley since its all i had as a backup to the RR but wouldnt mind a shiny steel pulley :) (hint hint).

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
You know Buff, thats one of the reasons i didn't go with any other pully myself, i like the bing bing also.
I agree, making bling bling will make you bling bling.

davidmax

Established Member
We carry Billet Flow and they are great.I like to lightly sand blast the RR but not needed with either just an anal THANG,Dave Smilovic
PS:IMHO both great products,Dave Smilovic

95_XB331

Established Member
Anyone know why the factory went with a pressed on pulley? That's pretty cheap IMO.

It would be costly, but a keyed shaft would solve most of the problems I think or at least getting the existing shaft "keyed" somehow. That's considering all the aftermarket centrifugal manufacturer's have keyed shafts (i.e. it works).

dougwg

Established Member
All BilletFlow pulleys are already sandblasted(old trick, works great)... just an added bonus to help get rid of belt slippage.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I have exactly the same setup as you

Originally posted by cobra101
I am going to go try that test asap. I will mark the pulley and shaft, then go drive around a bit. My boost drops off from 14.7 to 12.7 after 4500rpm too. I have the 2.75RR, 100mm idler with bracket and a 74 gates belt. I don't think their should be any slip. If my test proves that the RR is NOT slipping on the shaft, I will buy a smaller belt (possibly a gatorback). I hear people do run gatorbacks with the RR and it works fine.

Same setup, but my autometer lunar boost guage won't register higher than 12 or 13. How are you getting tenths of pound of pressure. Are you guestimating? How come I aint making that much boost?

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by CastIronMan
WYD_TRKR, one last question.....
I have a 100mm idler but i want the smallest pully you make(aka 2.80) can i still use the idler or will i need a 90mm?
Also, honestly, which pully do you honestly think i should go with(money isn't a issue) just the ultra grip or the dub setup, i'm ready to order but i want to get it right this time so i don't have to go through this again.....thanks for your time.

CastIronMan, you could order our DUB Non-Slip 2.80" Pulley Unit and still use your 100mm Idler Kit and we would also throw in a FREE Gatorback Belt to work perfectly with this new setup. Hope this helps, as check it out here:

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/items_on_sale.htm

:rockon:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by Hicompression
It pressed on way easier than any steel pulley I've ever installed on a Lightning or Cobra. I predict we will see more incidences of this type of failure in the future.....

I put mine on the other night and got it tuned Saturday. The damn thing went on too easy. Just wish the stocker had come off as easy as the RR went on but thats another story. I am not going to worry about mine since it is only a 3.2. Damn I am rolling with the big dogs. But I will mark it and see. lol I am already thinking about a 2.93. That one will definitely be a billetflow.

JR

trey193

Established Member
While we are talking pulleys, Terry I was told you sell a 2.70 upper is this correct?

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I installed a 2.93 last week. It was before this thread ever came out. I also had been wondering about belt slip and if it was possible SOME people were actually experiencing pulley slip. When I installed my upper, I marked the snout and pulley w/ a dot of white paint. Went on really REALLY easy and I was nervous. I installed it with a Gatorback and no idler. I did experience a slight amount of belt dust(chalked it up to new belt) and after racking up some miles and cleaning the dust off it has gone away. No pulley slip either and it has been run 300 miles since the swap including 3 dyno pulls to 6750 RPMs. I guess the ease of install was due to the kick-ass puller/installer made by Billetflow. If you don't need the bling or you run your pulley guard, I HIGHLY recommend SFPHQ's new Posi-grip STEEL pulley. Went on easy and grips like a mofo. 12-13 lbs of boost solid throughout. I also question the expansion and rigidity of aluminum pulleys. We already loose enough power to heatsoak without losing pulley grip on top of it once it heats up and expands on the blower shaft. I think they look great, but I'll never buy one. I can't remember where I read it, but someone had said if you take an aluminum pulley and place it in a pan of boiling water and let it heat up all the way, you can damn near install it without an installer tool. I'd say it must expand pretty easy if that's true.

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
While we are talking pulleys, Terry I was told you sell a 2.70 upper is this correct?

trey193, yes we do sell a Special Order 2.70" in our Posi-Grip Non-Slip Steel Pulley. However, you will definitely have to have Snout Housing machined about 1/16th inch of material off the Snout Housing for it to work properly. It will not work on a stock housing, as it a 2.70" will Rub and will not turn properly around the snout housing, without this procedure being done , before installation. Hope this helps. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread