Rpms on the launch control

railroad

Established Member
Thanks for posting. Nothing wrong with those numbers. So I do not need to shift higher than 4th gear except for gas mileage?

Aero7

Established Member
Wayne said he could get me 50 more horsepower just with a tune....... no mods. I think ill keep my warranty for now.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Wayne said he could get me 50 more horsepower just with a tune....... no mods. I think ill keep my warranty for now.
I 'think' you'll pick up more like 20-30 rwhp with a tune. VMP did a tune, then mod by mod dynos on a '13, and as I recall their shop car picked up ~23 rwhp with a tune only.
S.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
The graph on Aeros car seemed to look a lot better than the VMP base run. Aeros car like mine runs on the high side of being fuel fat. I think the gain could be surprising but agree I love my warranty.

Aero7

Established Member
The graph on Aeros car seemed to look a lot better than the VMP base run. Aeros car like mine runs on the high side of being fuel fat. I think the gain could be surprising but agree I love my warranty.

Yeah, it was right around 11:1.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
It dipped to 11.1 with a very brief blip at 10.9 right at the end stayed pretty fat until higher rpms then was bouncing around 11.5- 12.2 until then once the boost got up good and at I think 6500 it dropped down to that number. Trying to get the MP4 to work on a disc might have to put it on a hard drive and then you download it. Vid works on my computer but copied to disc no luck yet. we will get all of it to you one way or the other. I plan to stay where I am at for a while I do think that the other half wants to hit Majestic one dyno day maybe late March might can get us an exibition friend rate :) att least we will get free food lol With the air last night and you driving a long time and no cool down your car freaking rocks!

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
Just checking in here. My launch RPM setting starts at 3000. My car was built on December 17th. I honestly think that with the tall gearing our cars have, you wouldn't want to use anything less than 3000 RPM, especially on a prepped track surface, which is the "intended" use (Track Use Only disclaimer - LOL).

It would be interesting if anyone who has experimented with the different launch RPM settings at the track (on a stock car with stock tires) could weigh in with their results. For example, how did the 2500 RPM setting work?

Aero7

Established Member
It dipped to 11.1 with a very brief blip at 10.9 right at the end stayed pretty fat until higher rpms then was bouncing around 11.5- 12.2 until then once the boost got up good and at I think 6500 it dropped down to that number. Trying to get the MP4 to work on a disc might have to put it on a hard drive and then you download it. Vid works on my computer but copied to disc no luck yet. we will get all of it to you one way or the other. I plan to stay where I am at for a while I do think that the other half wants to hit Majestic one dyno day maybe late March might can get us an exibition friend rate :) att least we will get free food lol With the air last night and you driving a long time and no cool down your car freaking rocks!

I was very happy to see over 600 HP!

Especially with a DA of 1634ft... 64.5°F, 29.00 in-Hg, 70% Humidity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread