Roush blower discussion

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
The 14psi dyno number seems a little off. I thought Justin was putting down around 700rwhp with 12-12.5psi and his auto when he ran his 9.7s.

Either way, 600-650 is easily obtained as you're one of many to prove.

.. plus there's track results to back up the dyno sheets. For some reason you still can't find a single person with an unmodded hellion kit and a track pass.

the twin kit just came out give it some time. You have the most hate for hellion for no reason. Yes I understand you only live at the track but I can almost be sure they are doing work on the street. Look at the single hellion kit video where the car is holding out a zr1 I think that's pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Tucker

600 on 8.5 psi with a good tune !

What supporting mods in there to reach 600 with a 82 mm pulley

I have a Vmp tune and 85 mm pulley (8 psi) and im around 520!
I have the same parts on my 13 as I did my 11.

JLT Big Air Intake
AR Headers
High Flow cats
72lb injectors

Here's my 11 with stock pulley and 79mm pulley, both with VMP mail order tune and 93 fuel.

Last edited:

blkstang302

Established Member
When you get a tune from vmp for roush blower they do a data log remote tune right? how does that work

mazroth

Established Member
How much power are you making?

What are your driving impressions?

Anything you dont like about it?

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. :)

With the roush warranty tune, 495rwhp at 6500, 423rwtq. The roush warranty tune made the gas pedal very sensitive, Part throttle it felt lazy like the throttle body blade wasn't staying true. 65mph gas mileage 23mpg, 90mph 22mpg. 40mph roll it wouldnt spin the tires.

With the VMP tune, its totally different. No sensitive throttle, no part throttle issues, and it feels like it makes a ton more power. Betting it gets better gas mileage now to, but have not tested it yet.

JerryC

Established Member
When you get a tune from vmp for roush blower they do a data log remote tune right? how does that work

He will email you the tune if you have your own programmer or he will load it on the programmer when he ships it. He's done so many that the tune will be spot on. We checked my tune on the dyno and it was dead nuts on. However, he does suggest you do a datalog and let him review it.

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
I have a Roush TVS 82mm Pulley, JLT Intake and a VMP mail tune. Baseline the car put 592 wrhp. Timing was 17 degrees at high RPM. VMP's Tune is the Ford Racing Tune that has been tweaked.

I had Dennis from Tasca Ford tune my car today on the dyno and made 599.58 on the last run with only 14 degrees of tuning. I didn't believe that you needed to get the car dyno tuned individually, but is does run soother and idles better. If I lived in Florida I would have just brought it to VMP.

Dyno_10_11_12.gif

Last edited:

bigriff85

Established Member
Hands down the roush I have the magnuson and wish I held out for a roush/kb/whipple set up...as stated the front inlet design is inferior to the larger amount of air you can flow through the roushs throttle body ..and the belt system for the magnason is an all out slip fest if you ever wish to pulley it if you're happy with base tunes it won't make any difference but after awhile when you decide you want more you won't have that option and its a helpless feeling lol...

jojobee

Established Member
I have a Roush TVS 82mm Pulley, JLT Intake and a VMP mail tune. Baseline the car put 592 wrhp. Timing was 17 degrees at high RPM. VMP's Tune is the Ford Racing Tune that has been tweaked.

I had Dennis from Tasca Ford tune my car today on the dyno and made 599.58 on the last run with only 14 degrees of tuning. I didn't believe that you needed to get the car dyno tuned individually, but is does run soother and idles better. If I lived in Florida I would have just brought it to VMP.

Dyno_10_11_12.gif

Do you have datalogs showing your timing and rpm ?

I too had Justin's tune with about 17 - 18 deg of timing in the upper range but he had to bring it down a few degrees as the knock sensors were getting triggered.
It would really be interesting to see timing versus rpm and boost for comparable car and tunes.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Hands down the roush I have the magnuson and wish I held out for a roush/kb/whipple set up...as stated the front inlet design is inferior to the larger amount of air you can flow through the roushs throttle body ..and the belt system for the magnason is an all out slip fest if you ever wish to pulley it if you're happy with base tunes it won't make any difference but after awhile when you decide you want more you won't have that option and its a helpless feeling lol...

I'm actually working with a company to design a system to get rid of the belt slip.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

Dyno_10_11_12.gif

Very nice! Love those torque numbers. :rockon:

That's the first time I've seen anything mentioned about a belt slip issue. Good to know. How does it feel under boost?

bigriff85

Established Member
I'm subscribed to that Sid! Not to thread jack whatsoever I was trying to make lots of boost since I have a built aluminator...I have a manual 3.73 car and if the belt slip wasn't such an issue it could be fun...nowhere near the torque the turbo kit I had but that's a whole other can of worms (hellion lol) if you're looking for 03/04 cobra tq look into a better turbo kit otherwise the roush at this time is the best choice I'd say as its been proven and has options to upgrade until Sid gets some companies to help with the cold air and belt slip on the Maggie...take it from me I think I've had more power adders on my car than the performance shops and looking to do another if I can't get what I want outta this one lol

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
Do you have datalogs showing your timing and rpm ?

I too had Justin's tune with about 17 - 18 deg of timing in the upper range but he had to bring it down a few degrees as the knock sensors were getting triggered.
It would really be interesting to see timing versus rpm and boost for comparable car and tunes.

I don't have the datalog. The run was done today and I can ask Dennis @ Tasca if he still has it. It was nice and flat at 14 especially in the higher RPM. Both trigger for the knock sensor were way below the 5000 and higher trigger. It was in the 2000 to 3000 range.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm subscribed to that Sid! Not to thread jack whatsoever I was trying to make lots of boost since I have a built aluminator...I have a manual 3.73 car and if the belt slip wasn't such an issue it could be fun...nowhere near the torque the turbo kit I had but that's a whole other can of worms (hellion lol) if you're looking for 03/04 cobra tq look into a better turbo kit otherwise the roush at this time is the best choice I'd say as its been proven and has options to upgrade until Sid gets some companies to help with the cold air and belt slip on the Maggie...take it from me I think I've had more power adders on my car than the performance shops and looking to do another if I can't get what I want outta this one lol

The CAI for the Magnuson should be out in the next 6 weeks.

What size pulley are you running?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I don't have the datalog. The run was done today and I can ask Dennis @ Tasca if he still has it. It was nice and flat at 14 especially in the higher RPM. Both trigger for the knock sensor were way below the 5000 and higher trigger. It was in the 2000 to 3000 range.

That's odd mine logs a slight knock off the hit as well. I figured it was just crappy Oklahoma gas. Lol.

bigriff85

Established Member
Attempted a 3.0 that didn't work out too well with belt slippage going to try a 3.2 and if not I know several cars get away with a 3.4 with minimal slip unfortunately negates my $7k motor I put in it with lower compression to spin the blower harder than a stocker but lol...I have a 90m throttle body and the inlet port matched to that with a cold air like yours...

Users who are viewing this thread