Roush blower discussion

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm cross shopping several blowers to determine which way I want to go with my car. Im hoping to get some firsthand information from current owners.

First, who has the best pricing?

How difficult and how long did it take to install?

How much power are you making?

What are your driving impressions?

Anything you dont like about it?

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Bought my stage 2 kit from bbr for 6200
Install about 12 and very simple i took my time
Somewhere in the low 600s (bap,79mm pulley, jlt intake,o/r x)
Under 3k drives like stock after 3k its a freakn animal

Not a thing i dont like and its a clean install

corepwn

Established Member
I bought my kit from VMP.
Install is about 12-15 hours I'd say the first time. It's really not bad and the instructions are literally step by step by step.

No idea on rwhp, never been on the dyno.

It makes the little 302 feel like a big block, tons of power from idle to 7500.

Everything looks and fits like it came from factory, nothing that I don't like.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i paid 5850 from JDM with tune, 82mm pulley, spark plugs, and shorter belt. I intended on going with Shauns tuning so i ended up wasting money for the tune. i did my install over the course of three days but it was just taking the car apart the first evening, grinding the second evening then, the rest of the job was done on saturday. probably took around 13 hours if that. dyno on the stock box was 533/473 std. If i had to guess with the JLT and tune update im north of 550. Car has ran a best of 11.2@129 on street tires. I absolutely love this blower, the power hits pretty hard, everything looks factory and the car surprises the hell out of people on the street. drives like stock until you open her up.

A302

Established Member
I also bought mine from VMP. The install was easy. It took about a day. One of the best engineered kits I've ever installed. As far as price. There are deals all the time. Just have to look around. As far as tune. I'm still waiting on Justin to look at the rest of my data logs.

kingnut

Established Member
i will be picking one of these up someday. i want the whipple but for the price difference i will go roush.

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Unless you plan on going for major power numbers a TVS blower is hard to beat.
7nTnr.png

JerryC

Established Member
VMP, 6k with VMP tune and 82mm pulley

Had it installed, they said 12 hours @100/hr, but it was the first one they had done. Very happy with the finished product looks like it came from the factory.

524/497

Drives like stock at light throttle, has torque like crazy, fast. Gets the same MPG as before the blower.

What I don't like about it? It makes everything else I drive just suck.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Thanks a bunch for the feedback fellas. Keep it coming.

Another question - How much grinding was required? How much trimming was needed on the front bumper for the intercooler?

The Roush kit is very good, and VMP has pioneered some big advancements with it. If you're interested in other brands SVTP has a couple good articles featuring the Magnuson blower:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mustang-gt-magnuson-supercharger-install.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...icrous-power-gains-home-brewed-cai-build.html

Thanks Travis. :)

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Thanks a bunch for the feedback fellas. Keep it coming.

Another question - How much grinding was required? How much trimming was needed on the front bumper for the intercooler?

Thanks Travis. :)

just the timing cover needed grinding, nothing else. I have the newer timing cover so my grinding wasnt as bad and the ribbed one. what part of texas are you in?

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Check out sid's thread on the Magnuson TVS kit. The install is much easier and less time consuming, it's a true plug and play kit, no rewiring or grinding any thing. If ease of installation is a concern for you then the magnuson kit is the way to go.

Last edited:

alex3610

Established Member
Magnuson vs. Roush is there a real power difference? Or are they both basically the same 2.3 TVS units underneath? Also, how does the Magnuson compare price wise? These look like a great way to go. Do they slam you back in the seat and whine like the 03/04 Cobra's?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Magnuson vs. Roush is there a real power difference? Or are they both basically the same 2.3 TVS units underneath? Also, how does the Magnuson compare price wise? These look like a great way to go. Do they slam you back in the seat and whine like the 03/04 Cobra's?

Good questions. It's my understanding that the Coyote is much smoother and not as violent as the Cobras. That's why I made this thread though, to get some first hand experience from owners of these setups.

Btw, so far from I have read I like what I see about the ease of install with the Magnunson blower, but it seems to make less power but the write up I've read so far was only on 7lbs of boost where most people with the Roush are running 9-10lbs. I'm still reading though, I'd imagine it picked up at least 1lb of boost with the CAI change. Going to go read that now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread