Roll racing with a 600whp/700wtq - Traction?

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
16" diamonds with 28"x11.5x16 M/T e/t streets
tires.jpg

St_Evo

Established Member
It's obvious you guys don't know GodStang's car. His sig says 390/390 but.... He knows what he's talking about, trust me. His sig says it all. I would have some input for you but I run a 19" wheel w/ PS2's on the street with over 620. No drag radials available for that wheel size.

I think we were both just being sarcastic about his car. Im sure we both knew from his Sig that his car isnt running stock powa..Lol.

Anyway, I was hoping people like him would post in here b/c im sure traction issues are no new thing to these guys...

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A really sticky tire is what you need. Either some fat hoosiers or MT's are going to be the only thing that is going to hold that much power on the street.

Oh yeah they need to be warm to. Cold tires = no grip.

Exactly. On my old 315 BFG DR's I couldn't even plant 2nd gear on motor only (Mid 500's) much less on nitrous. Now the 335 Hoosiers that I have now plant pretty good in 2nd and decent in first on motor, I haven't tried spraying yet. With that much power to hook in 1st is pretty much impossible without some major suspension and serious rubber, 2nd and 3rd gear can hook with some good rubber and stiffer springs and bushings out back .

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It's obvious you guys don't know GodStang's car. His sig says 390/390 but.... He knows what he's talking about, trust me. His sig says it all. I would have some input for you but I run a 19" wheel w/ PS2's on the street with over 620. No drag radials available for that wheel size.

I was being a wise guy,i know who Godstang is:burnout:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
how many of ya'll actually are making the power that the OP is referring to? because i have 315 Hoosier drag radials and they won't hold anything in 2nd....that's why i'm goin with a 3.27 gear swap......it's a lot different when you're taking into account the torque number also, most of you twin screw cars aren't making that like we are

03cobra545

Established Member
how many of ya'll actually are making the power that the OP is referring to? because i have 315 Hoosier drag radials and they won't hold anything in 2nd....that's why i'm goin with a 3.27 gear swap......it's a lot different when you're taking into account the torque number also, most of you twin screw cars aren't making that like we are

Yea im making that power and I have the 315 hoosier drag radials too and I tried to run a big turbo rx7 the other week from a 40 kick (his race what he wanted) and I thought I would hook but no go... The chase car said I was laying black marks at 40+ If you heat them up its A LOT better though.
It sucks to lose to a car not because your slower but because you cant hook

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
hoosier dr's will dead hook from a low 2nd gear roll after heated up! my car has dead hooked from a first gear roll once and i have no clue how it happend.....

Last edited:

St_Evo

Established Member
So are Hoosier DR's better than the M/T's? Are they still street legal like the Nitto 555R's b/c thats what I run now ?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
gonna have to run some MT ET Streets.

not to mention learn how to drive it. WIth that sort of power, you dont just mash the throttle and go, you ease into it.

mjcobra

Established Member
I have 450hp stock eaton. Running the Nitto 315 35 17s. Helps alittle bit but I dont even come close to a dead hook. My major problem is wheel hoop. I really think you need to run slicks.

Also each termi is different. some spin, some hoop, some hook. find whats the best for your car

svt01bolt

Established Member
I was around 650 in my gt (solid Axle) anything below 35-40 would blow the tires off. I had 315 bfg drags on 18's. Although most of these are cool nights. Might be different during the day with warm asphalt.

Users who are viewing this thread