Roll racing...... WHY???

BlueSnake01

Established Member
LOL @ People who do dig races on street for a real "driver skill". If you want driver launch skills go to a track. If you REALLY wanna test those driving skills, go to a racetrack.

ACJ

Established Member
Dig racing for ME! My Opinion

Roll racing can be put in a horsepower Calculator according to weight and horsepower and let the computer tell you who will win. Don’t forget to add your buddy’s weight in the Equation! LOL

Street racing is so unpredictable. Driver, Set-Up, Reaction time, ETC.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Dig racing for ME! My Opinion

Roll racing can be put in a horsepower Calculator according to weight and horsepower and let the computer tell you who will win. Don’t forget to add your buddy’s weight in the Equation! LOL

Street racing is so unpredictable. Driver, Set-Up, Reaction time, ETC.
The only difference from both of them is who has the stickier tire for dig. Reaction time is the same crap for both, weight also matters for both, driver as well. You do make gear changes from a roll, one short shift or over rev or missshift can cause a lost in the race.

ACJ

Established Member
The only difference from both of them is who has the stickier tire for dig. Reaction time is the same crap for both, weight also matters for both, driver as well. You do make gear changes from a roll, one short shift or over rev or missshift can cause a lost in the race.

Who has the stickier tire don't always Win ! It's alot more to put a tire on an go racing . An reaction time ? You ride beside each other an honk your horn !LOL:banana:

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I've been fighting against the roll race crowd for about 12 years now. It's a losing battle, street racing/ drag racing is almost a lost art, most are just terrible at it and don't attempt it. Now I have a rollie car and haven't seen one thing that will line up. Figures.

What car is your rolling car?? The GT500?

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Nope, that's not it. I dont think roll racing proves much of anything. Now, if you go from a dig, it shows who the better driver AND car is.

Yes and no. It all depends on the circumstances. For example, if I run my stock 2013 GT500 against a GTR from a dig, I will lose no matter what due to the AWD and dual clutch setup of those cars. I could have my "A game" and it won't matter. But from a roll, my car has traction and a supercharger so I have instant acceleration vs. the GTR which is not as fast from a roll (weight, slight turbo lag, etc.).

The other issue is that on the street, the surfaces tend not to be setup for maximum traction from a dig, and can vary greatly from where one car is to where the other is (for example the amount of gravel on the road).

I get what your saying, I think it is just a little hard to apply to street conditions and car match ups.

Scott

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Who has the stickier tire don't always Win ! It's alot more to put a tire on an go racing . An reaction time ? You ride beside each other an honk your horn !LOL:banana:
One person can take off before the other? :shrug: No different from christmas lights, people flagging, honking, etc. Its all about who reacts quicker to go WOT hence reaction time…..
Give a person a sticky tire and another person street tires with same car's and set up, guarantee you the person with the sticky one will one most if not all races.

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
Well last time I checked, more people get killed going from a dig on the highway(truck/car doesn't stop in time and hits them), and you're more likely to get caught by cops if you stop side by side in the middle of the road....So unless you go to the track, roll racing it is. On top of that, most people wanna see what car is truly faster. At the track there's many more variables that come into play. From a roll there isnt much you can mess up.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
On the street, 90% of the time its gonna be a roll race because of extenuating circumstances. The only time you could really get a dig is if you line up at a light.

OP: your argument is invalid.

If I want to prove Im a better driver than you then ill just race you at a track.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The majority of street races are going to take place from a roll, just how it is. A lot of us don't live close to a drag and many cars there are gutted without seats etc. which I don't consider a street car anymore or really see any point in racing them. Running a car from a roll on a 100mph stretch of shifting gears does show the faster car to most.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
Wow, you guys must all have some BIG HP cars to all be worried about breaking things....
Roll race proves nothing. Wanna know who the better driver/car is? Only way to do it is from a dig!
I'm running about 500WHP in a FWD car with a trans that was never meant to take that much power stock and axles that also aren't meant to handle the shock of that much power. the trans has been built to fit tighter and I'd rather snap an axle than break the trans.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I read the first post and bet the OP just got his ass handed to him by a civic on a roll race and now is giving us his sad face.....

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
A lot of guys don't give two shits who the better driver is. Drivers make mistakes and give excuses.

They want to see who the better car is. Results don't lie when two cars go on three runs and the results are the same each time.

If I want to see who the better driver is, its not drag racing, it involves using the steering wheel and turning. I think its funny drag racers neuter their cars handling and driving characteristics to get 1320' down the road faster than the other guy. No thanks.

This x1000

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
It didn't go to Sd and won't because it doesn't need to and I didn't want it to.

I find it funny that some of the same who say Dig shows the better driver also say if you want to see who is really a better driver go to a road course.

Make up your mind, does dig show better driver or do I need to go to a road course?

So far we have these excuses,
Sticky tires will win from dig
Better driver wins from a dig
Don't want to break things
Wrecks and cops from stopping

That last one is a hoot.
Never once heard of that one but have seen wrecks on the top end pulls and cops also nail roll races.

So it sounds like some need to practice, get better tires, upgrade axles, etc.....

Sounds like dig shows the faster car also, that would the one who got off the line, maintained traction and didn't break.

Saying you lost a dig race because you didn't have sticky tires and he did is no different than saying you lost a roll race because he was turbo and you are NA.

Set up and driver plays a part in both.

We could argue this all night.

Bottom line is different strokes for different folks.

I'll take the dig personally.

QuickC5Z

Established Member
I don't understand how someone can hate roll racing so bad when it's pretty much the same thing ...a straightline race.
Me personally, i'll take it any way I can get it. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread