Roll racing...... WHY???

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL this thread will go SD I'll bet.. Sounds like the OP is trolling based off of a few things..

Some people like dig, some like roll, some like strip, some like road coarse.. IMO you wanna see how a car/suspension/driver work.. Take it to the road coarse.. Hell you can even start the 5 laps at the start finish line from a dig lol..

Poppacapp

Established Member
It must suck to drive around scared to break something. Maybe you should switch cars with your wife!! :poke:

It's not that I am "scared" to break something... I just prefer not to.

One of my axles cost more than your car. I get zero traction in 1st gear on my car on the street. One of these days when you get above 250rwhp you will understand. :poke:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
This is discussed all the time here, no reason for a thread about it, Congrats on your opinion OP. Not even stepping further into this thread lol...

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's not that I am "scared" to break something... I just prefer not to.

One of my axles cost more than your car. I get zero traction in 1st gear on my car on the street. One of these days when you get above 250rwhp you will understand. :poke:

:lol:

And this man can drive to boot!

BTW, I want a ride. :burnout:

Prototype007

Established Member
How has this thread not already been moved to SD?!

I don't mind roll racing, I just prefer a dig race though.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I concur about the feelings towards this thread. OP is mad sn95 na cobras are slow.

Last edited:

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
Wow, you guys must all have some BIG HP cars to all be worried about breaking things....
Roll race proves nothing. Wanna know who the better driver/car is? Only way to do it is from a dig!

how do you figure you cant drive if you go from a roll? ill be more than happy to show you how its done. Not everyone wants to stop traffic on a highway because you're too much of a douche to go from a roll. Btw going from a roll shows who traps more mph and not just 60' times like a dig does.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
First of all OP, not everyone is putting down 122rwhp like you.

I roll race sometimes bc guess what...Im on the highway and i see a car that wants to race for fun. I dont flag him down and make him follow me to a secluded road to run from a dig.

Can someone move this to SD :dw:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I hope this doesn't make a certain somebody mad, because I have a lot of respect for his knowledge and ability to set up a car and drive it, but OP check this out...

8.28 @ 82.86mph
8.83 @ 84.14mph

The first set of numbers are from a pretty mechanically stock '96-98 Cobra but with suspension and on a tire. The second set is from my old bone stock '98 Z28 A4 with 2.73 gears.

The Cobra would have easily beat me to the finish line, but who is actually faster? I would have rather put my money into bolt-ons and a stall instead of suspension and a tire, thus why I race mainly from rolls.

If you wanna dump your time and money into quick ETs go for it! But I don't get to utilize a "dig" setup as often as a street setup so I couldn't justify all the time and money it'd take to run a super awesome ET. Not to mention I have a lesser chance of breaking something from a roll. I also don't wanna be that guy holding up traffic for a freaking street race. :nonono:

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nope, that's not it. I dont think roll racing proves much of anything. Now, if you go from a dig, it shows who the better driver AND car is.

Nope...plenty of "better" cars have lost to "better" drivers...More driver skill from a dig ..but like everyone has said

Roll races are easier to do..You are coming off like a Troll.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I love both, but most of my races have been from a roll since I found RANDOM folks to race.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Get over it OP. roll racing is more common in every day driving in semi-safe areas on large interstates/toll roads with ideally no traffic. Dig races are in town and have side streets where at any point someone could pull out in front of you. I've broken 2 driveshafts for getting in it at low speeds. Much easier on the drivetrain from a roll. When you get into more serious power you'll understand.

hipoint_svt

Established Member
I prefer to race from a roll simply because I break less shit haha

+1 I could understand if the car was set up to handle it or the OP just doesn't give two licks what happens but well i do and i'm just not trying to break anything.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
OP said if he does a 6k rpm clutch dump at a dig he can chirp his right tire. BTW he is running 185mm wide tires in back....something about wider tires being too easy to hook up

Users who are viewing this thread