Roll cage decreases value?

GRFox

Established Member
There is a Terminator for sale locally, 2.2 KB, long tubes, basic bolt ons ect. act. act.

The downside is the car has a cage installed. WOuld you let a roll cage stop you from buying an otherwise mint Termi? I am thinking about re-sale value. A lot of people may not want a car that has been cut up with a cage in it.

Thoughts?

MTBSully

Established Member
There is a Terminator for sale locally, 2.2 KB, long tubes, basic bolt ons ect. act. act.

The downside is the car has a cage installed. WOuld you let a roll cage stop you from buying an otherwise mint Termi? I am thinking about re-sale value. A lot of people may not want a car that has been cut up with a cage in it.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't let it stop me from buying the car. If you don't like it, cut it out and no one would ever even know it was there.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Depends on how it was done, but I think it would decrease the amount of individuals interested in the car down the road for sure. I know you can cut it out, but i have seen some not so good cages. I most likely wouldn't buy a caged car. Sign of how is driven too.

Blueline

Established Member
I dont think the cage will decrease value as the car will sell for what someone is willing to pay for it. So if someone was looking to eventually put a cage in and saw yours for sale it would be a plus.

On the other hand I am not a fan of cars with cages. I personally would not want one because of how I use my cars. They never go to the track and are weekend, nice day cruisers for some spirited drives. So, I would not buy a car with a cage or one that had a cage at one time.

Really up to you though, the cage does shrink the pool some when you look to re sell.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Hope not....I just put a MM 6-point bolt in bar....Looks great (teaser pic)

2013-03-10150536.jpg

Kit does require a little welding to make it NHRA Legal
2013-03-09122234.jpg

selbyvince

Established Member
i like my cage, but downfall to me is it wont let me put my seat back very far.. only short people can fit in the drivers seat, and the seat sits straight up :(

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Depends on who's buying it. I personally would not have bought mine if it had a cage since I was told I would have trouble bringing it across the border. Not a fan of the look either.

testorossa1989

Established Member
When i first was looking, it was a instant draw back and really made me walk. 2 years later, granted it was a somewhat consealed cage i wouldnt mind it, structurally atleast. I like to keep the original feel to the car so its not something id personally do unless i had too.

Blaine

Established Member
When i first was looking, it was a instant draw back and really made me walk. 2 years later, granted it was a somewhat consealed cage i wouldnt mind it, structurally atleast. I like to keep the original feel to the car so its not something id personally do unless i had too.

Depends on the buyer. Cage is a plus for some. Also depends on the type cage... 4 pt. 6pt.... full cage. If you ever want to take it to the track the cage is a plus. They will chase you off the track with mods on it w/o the cage.

SpectorV

Established Member
it signals "this car was abused" mostly~ thats the only reason I might not care for it, plus it makes it much harder to get into the back seat if not front and back depending on style~ I wouldnt want one so the car would be worth less to me if it had it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Anytime you decrease the demand pool for your vehicle, you run the chance of getting less for it than you could. Doesn't mean you won't get what you are asking for....but the odds go down.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Depends on the buyer. Cage is a plus for some. Also depends on the type cage... 4 pt. 6pt.... full cage. If you ever want to take it to the track the cage is a plus. They will chase you off the track with mods on it w/o the cage.

My tracks isnt like that, but the other one i know will boot me for anything under a 11.8 and that i will push with no problem

CobRoush-00

Established Member
There is a buyer for every car. Some people will like it and therefore the value will not be affected at all. However, people like myself who don't like the cage at all, will definitely not buy that car. Therefore, the sale as a whole will be affected.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Depends on the install and my plans for the car. There will always be the right buyer and i refuse to not enjoy my car because of what other people think.

Users who are viewing this thread