Rocket wheels

Crushinator

Established Member
You guys may be right. And maybe it's because I previously had a GT with Bullitts. I'd love to have some TF's, but just can't afford them. I think it's called having champagne taste and beer budget. Sigh.

Too many people here give the thumbs up when it comes to aftermarket wheels with fear that they'll hurt someone's feelngs or be shunned by everyone because of their feelings about wheels. I've had many discussions about wheels with fellow members on the subject. There are a few things that set the Shelby apart from Mustang GT's, and wheels are one of them. Just because theyre aftermarket, doesn't make them better than stock.

Think of it this way. If you saw a cherry '67 GT500 bone stock, with Crager wheels, you'd know immediately something wasn't right. Wouldn't you? Yes, some aftermarket wheels do look good, but some are just different, not necessarily better. These "bullet" wheels are the latter, IMO.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Different strokes for different folks!!! Go for it, the smoke ones are my favorite of the bunch and dont look back when you buy them......just enjoy the ride!

Andy

fullboogie

Established Member
Think of it this way. If you saw a cherry '67 GT500 bone stock, with Crager wheels, you'd know immediately something wasn't right. Wouldn't you? Yes, some aftermarket wheels do look good, but some are just different, not necessarily better. These "bullet" wheels are the latter, IMO.

My first thought after reading this was "who cares"? It's my car, right? But then again, when faced with the opportunity to remove my white stripes a few months ago, I didn't - because I thought it would look too much like a GT. Very good point, and thanks for the input.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You guys may be right. And maybe it's because I previously had a GT with Bullitts. I'd love to have some TF's, but just can't afford them. I think it's called having champagne taste and beer budget. Sigh.

Just out the classifieds - sometimes you can find wheels for a pretty good deal.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
Hey Boogie,
I just got a new Jeg's catalog. On page 278-R is a new Cragar Modern Muscle/American Muscle 5 spoke wheel in "muscle car" sizes. It's got flatter spokes than the SS had, but might suit your taste if it'll fit a GT500.

Steve

fullboogie

Established Member
Thanks, guys. I called Mickey Thompson about their SC-5 wheels, but unfortunately the 18's don't fit the front. The 20's do, though.

Users who are viewing this thread